• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Space Hulk game announced (turn based, PC, iOS)

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Games-Workshop

Not much info other that it being a turn based game that emulates the board game.

Kind of surprising since GW have always seemed to be against making straight conversions of their board/wargames to computer games.

Update: New Info

Based on the best-selling board game and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Space Hulk is a 3D digital turn based strategy game that recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience for single player and multiplayer cross-platform play between PC, Mac and on iOS.

Space Hulk is set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of an ancient vessel lost in the graveyard of space. Players lead a small army of fearless Space Marine Terminators to battle in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory alien Genestealers.

The main features are
Blood Angel terminator squad
Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI
Thematic 3d environment
Single player campaign based on the "Sin of Damnation" hulk
New coop multiplayer levels against the Genestealer AI
Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend
Cross platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and iOS
Level editor with ability to share creations
Game expansions in the future as DLC

As much as I understand why GW doesn't digitize table top 40k it makes me sad as someone who got into the universe thanks to DOW and has neither the time or skill to get involved in the actual table top game.

Having said that, Day one.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That's good to hear. I'll stick to my table top version, because I have to justify the 180$ I spent on the limited edition board and paints, but I'm glad everyone else will get a shot to play it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh my god I will be all over this. Space Hulk is one of my favorite board games but it rarely gets played due to its limited player count. Hopefully it gets done gorgeous, claustrophobic justice.

deim0s

yes! More Warhammer!

They still have the other Talisman board game in development right or is it cancelled?

News of Creative Assembly working on a Warhammer Fantasy game and news of a new Space Hulk game within days of each other - great stuff!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well this was unexpected:

screenshot-3.jpg

And if they let you level up your terminators...and customize their armour...and put earned decorations for things they've accomplished...

Oh god...this would be lovely.

Tellaerin

The main features are
Blood Angel terminator squad

Now I'm remembering that old Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels game. Played the crap out of that back in the day. "Beware!"

Definitely interested in checking this out.

Keasar

SPACE HULK! SPACE HULK! SPACE HULK! SPACE HULK!

SPACE HULK!

RockPaperSPACE HULK said:
SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK

SPACE HULK!

PatzCU

Yesssssssssssssss!!! I've been waiting for this for so long. I used to play the actual tabletop game as a kid but could never find the time or people to put games together now. I appreciate all the work that goes into the real thing from painting figures to creating a board, but having the same rule set on a pc/mobile game is going to be incredible.

As long as it translates the rules over it could be stick figures for all I care.

At my local gaming shop, the owner often pesters me to get back into WH40K and I tell him I don't have the time to paint and build the models, nor do I have the space to store them and all the terrain I invariably acquire.

He tells me I'm crazy when I tell him that I would spend the exact same amount of money for electronic versions of the models if I could quickly customize them and paint them by simply...clicking.

Then play with the WH40K rules online.

Like...I know it's crazy...but I would totally do it...and I think others would too.

Ceebs

The concept has me saying fuck yes, but I will temper expectations since the developer looks to be unproven.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy shit, yes!

One of my most favorite games when I was in middle school was the original Space Hulk PC game by EA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81zmWiOzC4

The 3DO game was supposed to be good, right?

It is, but I still think the original PC version is better than Vengeance. Oh wait, are you talking about the port of the original, or Vengeance of the Blood Angels?

Tacitus_

Well I'll be damned. Maybe GW is finally warming properly to virtual versions of their games.... or they're shitting their pants about 3d printing and want to establish a proper virtual foothold.

Top Bottom