• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Dragon Quest 7 (3DS) trailer

Aeana

Split to new thread.

It looks pretty awesome. The animations are great, just as I expected. Arte Piazza is wonderful. It's so cool to see so many iconic scenes redone this way. The trailer even shows the dancing FMV redone with the in-engine graphics!

Also nice to see total confirmation on the way the battles work now. I think that's a really good compromise for DQ - keeps the speed up while still allowing people to see their characters.

nasos_333

Will it come outside Japan ?

After Bravely Default extreme case, of one of the best Square games ever not making it to US, i have become very dissapointed at all the games that are for 3DS but we will never get to play

It is so frustrating

Is there any chance US.Wurope get this one ? Or will we be left with the trailer, like in Bravely Default case

CronoShot

Will it come outside Japan ?

After Bravely Default extreme case, of one of the best Square games ever not making it to US, i have become very dissapointed at all the games that are for 3DS but we will never get to play

It is so frustrating

Little too soon to say Bravely Default is never coming over. I think both that and DQ7 will make it over eventually. It might take a while though.

Aeana

some of that texture work... looks quite similar to the ds engine. What are the ods for localization?

Isn't the script huge?

I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you think that texture work looks like the DS games. It's much higher resolution than that - much closer to DQ5 PS2.

And yeah, the script is huge.

Wow, what a long video!

The fights look really smooth. Animations seem to take just as long as one would want them to. So many amazing 3DS RPGs coming out...maybe they'll come over to NA? :-/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This game looks so hot, and after the initially underwhelming screens, I really like how the models look in motion. I don't know what I'll do with myself if it doesn't get an English release.

nasos_333

Little too soon to say Bravely Default is never coming over. I think both that and DQ7 will make it over eventually. It might take a while though.

I dont know, i am loosing faith with these titles

It is like FF Type-0 and Grand Knight History and the latest interviews about Bravely Default were not at all encouraging either

It is like the best handheld games have become a Japan only thing

I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you think that texture work looks like the DS games. It's much higher resolution than that - much closer to DQ5 PS2.

And yeah, the script is huge.

It looks better, but it still reminds me a bit of how ds does 3d. Like that ummm... forgot the technical term.

Looks like someone painting a pixely image over a polygon model look.

I was right, I love the Phantasy Starish battles. Game looks great I just hope it doesn't have that speedy feeling that the ds versions had. This is my favorite DQ after all.

tha_devil

4 5 6 and 9 came stateside and sold pretty well i though (9 got a lot of marketing from nintendo).

I still have to finish 6 though, might do it before this one releases.

terrisus

Looks pretty great.

I only got around to picking up the PS1 version of this last year, and still haven't really put any time in with it yet (same deal with 8 for PS2, which I got around the same time last year), they're the only two in the series I really haven't put time in with yet. I've been meaning to get to them, and on one hand, I would be much more likely to do so with a portable version, but at the same time, I still feel like I can't just say, "Well, I'll just wait for it to come out here..." Really hope it does come out here though.

Split to new thread.

It looks pretty awesome. The animations are great, just as I expected. Arte Piazza is wonderful. It's so cool to see so many iconic scenes redone this way. The trailer even shows the dancing FMV redone with the in-engine graphics!

Also nice to see total confirmation on the way the battles work now. I think that's a really good compromise for DQ - keeps the speed up while still allowing people to see their characters.
Okay thanks and yeah the animations are really good and the battles indeed look fast enough (was a bit worried about that). Also surprised at how much effort is going into the in-game events; but yeah DQVII scenarios definitely deserve this treatment.

Aeana

It looks better, but it still reminds me a bit of how ds does 3d. Like that ummm... forgot the technical term.

Looks like someone painting a pixely image over a polygon model look.

There's texture filtering here, though, so it's not really pixelated. There are definitely some fairly blurry textures though, mostly on the field.

The 720p video is kinda pixelated, but I think that's mainly because of the upscale and not actually in the game. I think it looks better at the 640x360 size, and probably truer to how it'll look on the 3DS.

Aw yeeeeah, delicious rpg goodness.

1345255449971_zps183d1667.jpg

Where's my localization announcement?

Johnas

Hmm.

Something about it doesn't look very smooth, like there are frames of animation missing or something. Having trouble putting my finger on it.

It'll be really cool to hear DQVII's music in orchestral form in-game. I really like the upbeat "restored" town theme.

Aeana, any concerns on whether or not the vignettes will be like the ones in DQVI DS, that is, they'll fly by too quickly and lose impact? It seems like the chances of that will be even greater here, given the length of the original game.

rockx4

Looks amazing, they really should start localization alongside the game's development, the wait will suck. I thought SE had some sort of "new plan" for faster localization processes.

Aeana

Hmm.

Something about it doesn't look very smooth, like there are frames of animation missing or something. Having trouble putting my finger on it.

It'll be really cool to hear DQVII's music in orchestral form in-game. I really like the upbeat "restored" town theme.

I think it's the video, because it's not even consistent where the choppiness is.

Costume changes for the job system are a very welcome addition, and the battles look nice and fast.

And not that it's any surprise, but the dancing scene looks so much better than the original's.

That running speed is ridiculously fast!

And the battles seem seem almost as fast as the DS games set to max, which was my big concern.

Oh man oh man oh man.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I think it's one of ArtePiazza best looking titles yet. Finally the ground doesn't always look like blobs of paint.

Looks INCREDIBLE! I'm so glad they continue to explore the amazing visual capabilities of this series instead of hanging so hard onto the "old school" visuals.

Top Bottom