• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: End Game DLC - Teaser Trailer

U2NUMB

buying the premium edition(retail disc) is probably the cheapest route. it's too bad you didn't pick it up on blackfriday I seen multiple stores selling it for $40

Bought it for my bro at Walmart for 25 bucks.. yes the premium version.

Humm wonder if that video was a leak. It is blocked and not on their channel.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Does anyone know where to find actual good servers outside of Origin? I can't hardly play because there's like no servers for any maps I like, yes I'm a noob at this haha.

majik13

Do you need a buy a regular copy of the game before buying premium? Also do you guys think it (bf3 premium) will drop in price during a holiday sale?

They probabaly dont really sell a regular copy anymore, just guessing though. Anyways, they have had several sales on the premium retail disc. I think the premium DLC is still at regular price, around 50. But I picked up the premium retail disc that was 40% last week from Origin for 41 bucks after tax and shipping. And I heard it was 50% off the week before. basically I just took the code out of the premium disc, applied it, but use my old launch disc, to make sure I keep all my save data and settings in tact.

Anyways, the few maps I gave played mainly aftermath have been pretty awesome.

And what is with all these trailers being pulled...anywhere else to watch it?

majik13

Wasn't much more expensive when I bought on Origins recently.
You should be able to buy Premium as an add on, no?

I think he maybe means it is more expensive to buy the original BF3 and then Premium DLC, then to just buy the premium retail disc outright...but I dont know.

That looks dumb as hell, premium was a complete waste of money they are slowly turning this game into Call of Duty.

smh...

These expansions are exactly what differentiate BF from CoD lol.

And so far with premium we got 15 new maps, with 4 more on the way.
4 new modes, with at least 1 more on the way.
13 new vehicles with at least 1 more on the way.

I dont even wanna bother counting the weapons and all the other stuff.

Premium was worth every penny.

Specially since I only paid 21€ for it

Lakitu

st5fu
That looks dumb as hell, premium was a complete waste of money they are slowly turning this game into Call of Duty.

The most ridiculous comment I've seen in quite sometime (in regards to Call of Duty). It's up to you if you think Premium is a waste of money. For me, it hasn't been, at all.

Pie Lord

It's difficult for an opinion to be objectively wrong, but you managed it somehow. In no way, shape or form, can you argue that Battlefield 3 is being turned into Call of Duty.

Trojan X

Banned
There are already a few buildings that get completely destroyed, including ones that collapse.

I think you may be missing the point regarding the building being destroyed idea. The point isn't the fact of the building getting destroyed, the point is the extra gameplay element it introduce, and how can it provide new elements of excitement and perspective. I'll elaborate to help.

Currently, there are small buildings (more like Huts) that gets destroy in BF3 and there are some multi-floor buildings that have parts of it crumbling (like the ones in Metro), but there aren't any multi-floor buildings that completely topples over or gets completely destroyed to the ground.
Imagine this scenario - You and your team are in the middle of town under team death match rules. Most of your opponents have taken over a large 7 floors building. Some of your team members tried to rush into the building but only a few got so far before being shot to death. Taking aim you tried shooting your opponents from the outside, but your opponent has the upper hand because (1) they are on higher grounds, and (2) the window frames and walls provide good shielding for them. To top it off, outside doesn't have much "cover" areas making you a sitting duck.
So what do you do? You and your many team members decide to grab some tanks and attempt to obliterate the foundations of the building. THe building shakes and booms, which are communication to let the player know that the building's foundations are being hit. After a while, the building starts toppling over risking everyone - including your team mates who may be inside - to be crushed once the building falls.
When the building begins to topple, the players inside the building will notice this as their viewing perspective will be altered (naturally) along with a big booming cinematic noise of something falling over (think Lords of the Rings, the section where Frodo and Aragon had to jump over a pit of lava). From that point, ALL players have approximately several seconds to either (A) jump out the windows or off the roof of the building and parachute to safety, (B) run out of the building via the exit, or (C) make their own exit using bazookas and SMAW type weapons.
Once the building hits the ground, ALL players that were inside the building will die as they will be crushed or slammed against a wall to death, and players that are in the falling path of the building from the outside will be crushed.
Now the building is toppled to the ground, players can still battle the fallen structure like BF3 Aftermath. Your opponents no longer have the higher ground advantage, but there is now a new playing area to battle on which provide new areas of advantages and disadvantages.

Hopefully you now understand. To be honest, I thought things like this would be in Aftermath and more... I wanted more innovation. Like above, the same same could apply to the earthquakes... I thought massive earthquakes would occur dynamically at ramdom and in-frequent points in the game and change your fighting surroundings, thus providing new areas to battle in. These ideas, plus the others I mentioned earlier, are innovative or at least compelling and I thought DICE would always try to add something innovative to every pack. Even a new campaign would be nice! However, all we got in every pack so far were new maps, weapons and vehicles. Quick frankly, I think that is getting stale.

I think you may be missing the point regarding the building being destroyed idea. The point isn't the fact of the building getting destroyed, the point is the extra gameplay element it introduce, and how can it provide new elements of excitement and perspective. I'll elaborate to help.

There are small buildings that gets destroy and there are some that have parts of it crumbling, but there aren't any multi-floor buildings that topples over or gets completely destroyed.
So imagine this scenario. You and your team are in the middle of a town playing team death match, and your opposing team are inside a tall 7 floor building. Some of your team members tried to rush into the building but only a few of them got so far. You tried shooting your opponents from the outside but they have the upper hand because (1) they are on higher grounds, and (2) window frames and walls provide good shielding. To top it off, outside doesn't have much "cover" areas making you a sitting duck.
So what do you do? You and your many team members decide to grab some tanks and blast the foundations of the building. After a while, the building starts toppling over risking everyone - including your team mates who are inside - to be crushed once the building falls.
When the building begins to topple, the players inside the building will notice this as their viewing perspective will be altered (naturally). From that point, ALL players have approximately several seconds to either (A) jump out the window and parachute to safety, (B) run out of the building via the exit, or (C) make their own exit using bazookas and SMAW type weapons.
Once the building falls and hits the ground, ALL players that were in the building will die as they will be crushed or slammed against a wall to death, and players that are in the falling path of the building from the outside will be crushed to death.
Now the building is toppled to the ground, players can still battle inside like Aftermath. Your opponents no longer have the higher ground advantage, but there is now a new playing area to battle on which provide new areas of advantages and disadvantages.

To be honest, I thought things like this would be in Aftermath. The same would apply to the earthquakes... I thought massive earthquakes would occur dynamically at ramdom and in-frequent points in the game and change your fighting surroundings, and even provide new areas to battle in. These ideas plus the others I mentioned earlier are innovative or at least compelling, and I thought DICE would always try to add something innovative to every pack or at least give us a new campaign. However, all we got in every pack were new maps, weapons and vehicles. Quick frankly, I find that is getting stale, which explains why I didn't enjoy aftermath much.

There are, that's what I meant, and you get killed if you are left inside when it does. There's not many of them, i think it's just 2, but they exist.

Ofcourse nothing as elaborate as what you just said. That sounds like something that would need it's own mode.

Makoto

It's difficult for an opinion to be objectively wrong, but you managed it somehow. In no way, shape or form, can you argue that Battlefield 3 is being turned into Call of Duty.
Yeah, not sure what that guy was talking about. No way BF3 is slowly becoming CoD as the franchise was already becoming CoD when BC2 was released.

Trojan X

Banned
There are, that's what I meant, and you get killed if you are left inside when it does. There's not many of them, i think it's just 2, but they exist.

Ofcourse nothing as elaborate as what you just said. That sounds like something that would need it's own mode.

Really, I never came across them. Can you kindly let me know what map these kind of buildings are on? I wouldn't mind go hunting for them.

I don't think it needs its own mode. Something like this would go perfectly in Conquest, as it encourages or forces players to make use of the building. They just have to be watchful of all the communications in the game that indicate whether the building is getting hit or not. I believe the balance would be how many times the buildings are hit by the tanks and so on.

Really, I never came across them. Can you kindly let me know what map these kind of buildings are on? I wouldn't mind go hunting for them.

I don't think it needs its own mode. Something like this would go perfectly in Conquest, as it encourages or forces players to make use of the building. They just have to be watchful of all the communications in the game that indicate whether the building is getting hit or not. I believe the balance would be how many times the buildings are hit by the tanks and so on.

There's one in Caspian border in the Russian base next to the heli spawn, and in the gas station.

There's alot of them in the Rush version of Terran Highway.

They basically work the same way as in Bad Company, destroy enough walls and you get the crumbling sound and then it's completely flat in 3 seconds.

Trojan X

Banned
There's one in Caspian border in the Russian base next to the heli spawn, and in the gas station.

There's alot of them in the Rush version of Terran Highway.

They basically work the same way as in Bad Company, destroy enough walls and you get the crumbling sound and then it's completely flat in 3 seconds.

Thanks, I'll go scouting to see how it plays out. 3 seconds sounds extreme.

majik13

those types of multistory collapsible building were much more prevalent in bad company 2. Mainly because it had a lot more generic stand alone cookie cutter buildings. BF3 gas a lot more unique and larger buildings, which is harder to make them collapse technically and game design wise.

I definitely miss all the collapsible buildings from Bad Company 2. You couldn't really fight inside the rumble in most of them, as that is all it was, a pile of ruble.
But it was awesome hearing the creaking of the building and running for the nearest exit or window, jumping out as it crumbles behind you and activating your parachute.

There are only a few collapsible building in BF3 in comparison.

so, I noticed this time there wasn't any features displayed at the end of the video like all the other videos.

they showed this instead:

ih5F9193eI0hq.gif

Trojan X

Banned
Last I checked BF3 still has recoil.

I don't know how BF4 is going to top BF3 in terms of content. They really have their work cut out for them.

Personally, I feel making Battlefield 4 this soon is a mistake. The engine on BF3 is good enough for them to make a 3.5 version of the game. What they, DICE, really should be concentrating on is the next Battlefield 2142, not Battlefield 4, because it will prevent cannibalizing Battlefield 3. That's but that's my opinion but to be fair we don't know much about Battlefield 4.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Personally, I feel making Battlefield 4 this soon is a mistake. The engine on BF3 is good enough for them to make a 3.5 version of the game. What they, DICE, really should be concentrating on is the next Battlefield 2142, not Battlefield 4, because it will prevent cannibalizing Battlefield 3. That's but that's my opinion but to be fair we don't know much about Battlefield 4.
It's pretty clear that they're focusing on next gen consoles. BF3: The Actually Good edition doesn't have the same ring to it.

you sir and me are sharing the same opinion

Ohh yeah like in Warhawk, that was some epic stuff riding around in a jeep :)

Warhawk ctf is the most epic ctf I ever played

Donos

But you can't roadkill your teammate doe

You can. Drive jeep. exit jeep. let jeep roll into teammate.Roadkill. It counts as suicide.
That's what i often see at caspian spawn when the heli pros are lining up for the heli to spawn and start killing each other with jeeps.

Top Bottom