• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unsecured Webcams x Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. This is starting to seem odd. There's way too many cameras in kid's bedrooms.

Not fooling with this anymore. Let me know if you guys find anything non-creepy and interesting.

Sean

Banned
While interesting, this is pretty messed up.

Makes me immediately think of that college kid who killed himself after his dorm mate recorded him having sex with another guy on the webcam and shared it around school. Hopefully nothing horrible like that happens in this case.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
At least people are learning geography

EDIT: Amazing Ookiku Furikabutte avatar Gexecuter

Thanks!

This is such a weird thing but it's facinating, it's like a little window into the world. It's also fucking creppy, i saw a lady drinking in her living room oblivious that was watching her.

sangreal

Ok, so what to do to secure our cameras? Disabling it in Flash options? Running anti viruses and spyware cleaners regularly?
Can this be because when people install something and don't unchecked the bar and search and super duper anti virus soft that I see on computers everywhere?
People just clicking next when installing software just don't know.

they're not really webcams in the sense you're thinking. they're internet-connected security cameras that people dont change the default settings on

sangreal

I don't like the looks of this one.
HDqw3.jpg

funny, this is the first one I clicked on too

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well now, I feel creepy after coming across a baby sleeping on camera.

Plenty of these look like webcams for home security, and I found a few businesses using them (bakery, etc). Then of course you have the few cameras that appear to be located in basements.. and look very.. scary.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Umm I think you guys shouldn't be looking at these.

Edit: And you should really stop taking caps of little kids...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
this is gunna end up on cnn for sure

trendnet fucked up huge

Umm I think you guys shouldn't be looking at these.

Edit: And you should really stop taking caps of little kids...

we shouldnt. but i couldnt resist looking at 4 just to say i was there when the fuck up happened.

Kayo-kun

I doubt the people that are using these webcams are aware that they are public. I wont be watching any of them since it simply feels wrong.

Nugg

Holy crap Lille, France, WTF. This is wrong on soooo many levels, I'm going to forget this even exists. And unplug all my webcams.

People who are using TrendNET routers with a firmware bug :|

Good thing I don't use that shit.

quoting for emphasis. appears to be a select segment of the population, most people will be unaffected. Still a chilling situation though. The Dark Knight comparisons are apt in the worst way.

KHarvey16

This issue with the TrendNET stuff has been around for a really long time, so I wouldn't expect much interest from the media all of a sudden.

Nugg

There's some guy counting money in Romania, there's like 20k€ from the look of that stack of 100 bills. This is terrifying

(edit: well this is Romania, so it's maybe not euros. Hard to tell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom