• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Air Superiority" mode confirmed for Battlefield 3: End Game

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/

Moj7KpM.png

Battlefield 3™: End Game delivers some of the most high-speed warfare to date across four vast maps. Race through enemy lines using the new dirt bike, bringing speed and agility to the Battlefield, or fight back aerial assaults with new lightweight AA vehicles. Coordinate lightning fast attacks and defenses in the return of the classic Capture the Flag game mode, or engage in massive dog fights in Air Superiority. In the skies, the new dropship introduces the ability to turn the tide with rapid deployment air drops of troop transports.

KEY FEATURES
Four vast and varied maps designed for high-speed combat and action
Three new vehicles including the fast and agile dirt bikes
New dropship provides support to ground troops with vehicle drop capabilities
Return of the classic Capture the Flag and Air Superiority game modes

FYq7M.gif

RoKKeR

FUUUUUUCKKK YEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Air Superiority is awesome. One of my favorite aspects of Battlefield. Can't wait!

I don't remember that End Game details were included in it...? This is the Chinese one?

Here's what was revealed:

In addition, the staff also revealed "Battlefield 3" last DLC "finality (End Game)" Some new details:
1. Added four new maps, actually may just be the old map revision.
2 new air war mode, similar to the Armored Fury Battle City / armor advantage mode.
3 new Double prevention and control vehicles and two-wheeled motorcycles and other vehicles.
4. Increase in new jobs and new achievements.

I think we need the pimp that OP, Reiko. Organize all the detail! :D

I feel like an air superiority mode might actually be useful for learning how to fly well, given that then you don't have to wait 20 minutes every time you die, and with more pilots you'll 1) have more crappy enemy pilots and 2) you'll have someone to cover you.

OTOH, that's potentially more super destroyo pilots to blow you up when you first spawn and haven't taken off.

Neverfade

Horrible at Jets, only ok at choppers. Don't think I can get excited about this.

I am pretty great at shooting them down though...

VariantX

I feel like an air superiority mode might actually be useful for learning how to fly well, given that then you don't have to wait 20 minutes every time you die, and with more pilots you'll 1) have more crappy enemy pilots and 2) you'll have someone to cover you.

OTOH, that's potentially more super destroyo pilots to blow you up when you first spawn and haven't taken off.

Sounds better than flight training servers to me. Seems like jerks, who are actually good at flying, love to join these servers and shoot people out of the sky who are trying to learn how to even control the planes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

You should be learning to fly in empty servers, and not during a live match.

I need more MBT kills with Helicopter... That is the one of 3 assignments I don't have done.

Only for the Dedicated (almost there)
Rambo (lol 5 multikills, fucking DICE)
Get to da Choppa.

EDIT: Are they finally going to add the second damn seat for the Jet? They've had Jet gunner unlocks but NO jets to use them with.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So another vehicle-based map pack? Not interested.

WHY.jpg

Vehicles are a part of Battlefield. Close Shitters just showed DICE can't do infantry only maps to save their lives.

But yeah, jet only mode = ignoring outside of the inevitable troll achievement DICE will put in to make my life hell. Just like I ignored that airplane only map in 1943.

OTOH, that's potentially more super destroy pilots to blow you up when you first spawn and haven't taken off.

This is going to be the reality unless DICE hasn't implemented an out of bounds on the spawn area for the other team. Then someone (me) is going to fly a jet as fast as they can to the spawn, lay C4 on the runway and TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I played so much Air Superiority on 1943. The other maps took a serious backseat to that.

I won't however redownload the whole 20GB of Battlefield 3 and I sure as hell won't pay them for (admittedly pretty nice) maps.

JWong

Banned
Coordinate lightning fast attacks and defenses in the return of the classic Capture the Flag game mode, or engage in massive dog fights in Air Superiority. In the skies, the new dropship introduces the ability to turn the tide with rapid deployment air drops of troop transports.

23cFh.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
WHY.jpg

Vehicles are a part of Battlefield. Close Shitters just showed DICE can't do infantry only maps to save their lives.
1 - You didn't read my post above obviously. I DID NOT SAY I dont want vehicles in the maps. Instead of jumping to conclusions and getting overdefensive, read what I'm saying. I prefer a better balance between vehicles and infantry. My least favorite maps were the most vehicle-based ones. I think the game shines best when both playstyles are viable. The B2K maps are probably my favorites because of that.

2 - We all know you hate Close Quarters. You take every opportunity to bash it when you can. But a lot of people liked it, including myself. They weren't the best, but it was surprisingly good fun and shows that they CAN actually make good infantry-only maps. I do miss the vehicles after a while, so I never play it too long, but its a nice bit of variety there for when you want it.

patapuf

I hope we can use light vehicles for the flag, it would be fun to chase a buggy with a chopper or another vehicle

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Based DICE putting the based in DICE.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Here is hoping for helicopter battles.

Choppers fill the sky... one stinger rules them all.

DICE!

These air mode won't be very fun with all the lock-on crap. Seanspeed, you're better off on the ground these days.

1 - You didn't read my post above obviously. I DID NOT SAY I dont want vehicles in the maps. Instead of jumping to conclusions and getting overdefensive, read what I'm saying. I prefer a better balance between vehicles and infantry. My least favorite maps were the most vehicle-based ones. I think the game shines best when both playstyles are viable. The B2K maps are probably my favorites because of that.

2 - We all know you hate Close Quarters. You take every opportunity to bash it when you can. But a lot of people liked it, including myself. They weren't the best, but it was surprisingly good fun and shows that they CAN actually make good infantry-only maps. I do miss the vehicles after a while, so I never play it too long, but its a nice bit of variety there for when you want it.

Agreed. I was a huge doubter of CQ, but IMO, it (along with Scavenger mode <3) shows that DICE actually CAN do infantry/close-quarters combat very well.

It's a nice change of pace.

I am hoping for a coral sea type map, where the engineers repair the carrier, infantry man the aa, snipers get to snipe the soldiers on deck. That was a good map

DICE will never recognize baseraping. They only see it as a bad team got pwned by a good one. It's not that simple...

what can they really do man? just make it completely out of bounds? then the war will start at the inbounds line.

BF1943 didn't even give points if you killed people in their base and people did it anyway!

You should be learning to fly in empty servers, and not during a live match.

I can fly. I can't dogfight. I have the jet mastery tag, I just still can't compete for crap.

Also I really like Close Quarters. At least, I like it a whole lot more than CoD, which is what it's compared to I guess.

ALL THEY NEED TO DO is have jets with like 30 seconds invulnerability to help. Won't solve it, but it'll help, because then at least they just have to hang behind you instead of just not even trying.

mr_nothin

Banned
what can they really do man? just make it completely out of bounds? then the war will start at the inbounds line.

BF1943 didn't even give points if you killed people in their base and people did it anyway!

Do like they did in the original games and allow them to be capped/captured. If you capture all the bases and stop them from respawning then you win. But noooooo, we cant punish people for being bad these days.

Top Bottom