• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix registered Legacy of Kain related domain

Amir0x

Banned
i no longer have any faith in Squeenix to ensure the brands they're reviving hold any faith to the originals, and so therefore I cannot anticipate this.. sadly :(

In Legacy of Kain lore as it stands, Hash'ak'gik isn't really a character, he's a fabricated god invented by the Hylden to control humans and bring down the Pillars. Technically he's Turel, but not a god or anything of the sort. Turel was posing as a god under Hylden duress. Silicon Knights had their own ideas about Hash'ak'gik, but those are long since obsolete.

The smart thing about this retcon, to me, is that in BO1, there was a quote attributed to Hash which went "bring me your first born, and shed their blood upon the altar of the world". Who else in this story shed the blood of their first born on the altar of the world? Kain, when he condemned Raziel. Who was the executioner? Turel.
Thanks for the heads up. It has a been a long time, maybe over 10 years for me, regarding the games and Defiance is probably the most foggiest to me. As mentioned, I heard complaints long ago on the Nosgothic Realm messageboard about anything post Blood Omen how things became screwed up but I wasn't sure who or what they were pointing the finger at. It's perhaps all this confusion and the changing of things like Hash'ak'gik that got us all debating right and left. Hopefully you can edit the LoK Wiki with more accurate information. Game wikias have a tendency to contain a lot of misleading or erroneous information (I know, I founded one myself and have been on the receiving end of criticism).

That said, I love the series nonetheless. After being reminded of it, I wish I could go out and purchase Defiance on GOG right now and then eventually the rest of the series. Shame they don't have the original BO available and I'm not exactly sure why considering the rest of them are up there. But yeah, I'm hyped about the rumor of a new game myself.

I don't want a LoK game if it's merely going to be mediocre fan service...which is what Square excel at.

Fingers crossed for a proper AAA revival.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Silicon Knights had their own ideas about Hash'ak'gik, but those are long since obsolete.
Bah!

Silicon Knights's story is the only true canon, I say!

The smart thing about this retcon, to me, is that in BO1, there was a quote attributed to Hash which went "bring me your first born, and shed their blood upon the altar of the world". Who else in this story shed the blood of their first born on the altar of the world? Kain, when he condemned Raziel. Who was the executioner? Turel.
I... what. Sorry, but that's just stupid. One, Kain didn't "shed any blood". Two, it's a stretch to call the Lake of the Dead/Abyss the "altar of the world". And three, Dumah also threw Raziel down, and he's not relevant to this Hash'ak'gik nonsense. And fourth... Kain sacrificed Raziel to the Abyss, who then became under the Elder God's control, which has absolutely nothing to do with either Hash'ak'gik, the Unspoken, or the Hylden.

...Now I realize I'm arguing about Legacy of Kain canon. Did I reach tr00 nerddom, or what. But yeah, you just weren't making any sense, sorry. :p

I could talk more about what makes it a clever solution. It is a bit confusing, but keep in mind that none of this was thought up in advance when Soul Reaver was developed. It's just Amy Hennig linking coincidences from BO1 and SR1, while being forced to make something sensible out of the abject crap she was handed by the Blood Omen 2 storywriters, and managing to make it all look plausible.
I do agree with that much.

When I have money again, I'm purchasing LoK: Defiance. I was watching some YouTube videos of it and I've noticed it has aged well. The graphics are still pretty good for its time.

Tonight I beat Blood Omen for the 12391279347th time, and noticed something I never did before: the voice of Ariel is Anna Gunn, aka Skyler from Breaking Bad. Pretty cool.

I hope the new game is a BO remake for XBLA/PSN. Don't change anything other than updating the graphics, interface, and controls.

Tonight I beat Blood Omen for the 12391279347th time, and noticed something I never did before: the voice of Ariel is Anna Gunn, aka Skyler from Breaking Bad. Pretty cool.

I hope the new game is a BO remake for XBLA/PSN. Don't change anything other than updating the graphics, interface, and controls.

And the loading times when accessing your inventory please!

Top Bottom