• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3G HD update brings voice chat/usb keyboard tomorrow

Zenaku

Voice chat will use the GamePads built in microphone, or you can use a headset plugged into the GamePad. Voice can be set to be heard from the TV or GamePad.

Along with that and USB keyboard support, it'll add the ability to control the camera with ZL and ZR.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/HD/

It'll hit Japan tomorrow.

XoGa9S7.png

To answer the stong wishes from Hunters, we'll be launching a function update!
(From February 19th) * If you start the game while the system is connected to a network, it'll be updated automatically.

Voice Chat Support!

Voice chat will be possible with the Wii U GamePad's microphone. Furthermore, headphones and headsets will also be usable via the Wii U GamePad's headphone socket. The Wii U microphone will also be supported when connected by USB.

*As an option, voices in game (voice chat sound) can be set to come from the Wii U GamePad or the TV.

USB supported Keyboards will be usable!

If you connect a USB supported Keyboard it can be used for chat input.

Change the camera angle via the ZL/ZR buttons!
It will be possible to change the camera angle using the Wii U GamePad's ZL and ZR buttons. This update is to match the control feeling of the Nintendo 3DS/LL Expansion Slide Pad.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
People really prefer to have another accessory in their lap/on their sofa instead of use the screen as a virtual keyboard? Well, obviously it's not technically as good as a full keyboard but surely it's more convenient than switching between devices. Was this feature really demanded? Or does the game not offer a virtual keyboard function at all or something?

Zenaku

People really prefer to have another accessory in their lap/on their sofa instead of use the screen as a virtual keyboard? Well, obviously it's not technically as good as a full keyboard but surely it's more convenient than switching between devices. Was this feature really demanded? Or does the game not offer a virtual keyboard function at all or something?

It says it was requested by fans. Makes sense if this is all in the localized version.

Very good news!!!

I haven't played Tri on-line only for a few missions - the single-player mode was time-draining enough as such - but I'm glad they've put voice chat feature, this time beside story-mode around I intend to have some fun with other gaffers.

Zero148

Why wouldn't it be possible?

wasn't there an article about WiiU's voice chat prior to launch stating that there is only voice chat with an headset plugged into the gamepad? Also does CoD or another online game use the gamepad's microphone for voice chat? It is just news to me that a game actually uses the built in mic for chat

Orayn

wasn't there an article about WiiU's voice chat prior to launch stating that there is only voice chat with an headset plugged into the gamepad? Also does CoD or another online game use the gamepad's microphone for voice chat? It is just news to me that a game actually uses the built in mic for chat

I think that limitation is specific to CoD.

Jackano

I said wow. It's like Nintendo is in the future or something.

Out of crazy dumb curiosity, can I plug in the Wii micro thing that comes with Animal Crossing Wii instead? :D

massoluk

Banned
Voice chat will use the GamePads built in microphone, or you can use a headset plugged into the GamePad. Voice can be set to be heard from the TV or GamePad.

Along with that and USB keyboard support, it'll add the ability to control the camera with ZL and ZR.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/HD/

It'll hit Japan tomorrow.

I could have sworn we made a big ruckus here about Wii U built in microphone not useable for voice chat.

Vibed

I was thinking the Gamepad's mic couldn't be used because some games would support it for gameplay ala the DS and Famicom. Good to see that was false.

Zim

Any word if the gamepad's mic has background noise cancellation??
How about a mute feature??
It's gonna be hard for my fellow hunters not to get frustrated at hearing my newborn baby crying the from time to time while trying to hunt 8 star quests....

Yes, they really asked for this and, yes, the GamePad does have a virtual keyboard. Some people will not be using the GamePad at all, because they feel the need to constantly babysit the camera, so they'll use the old Wii CCP, with a Wiimote attached, with their thumb on the right analog stick and their index finger on the face buttons.

I think I'm just going to use the GamePad. I think it has everything I need right on it.

Jaruru

voice chat was mentioned in the last Nintendo Direct
I wondered if this was out for the jp already? now it's clear :D

option to hear voice chat from TV / headphone, nice nice nice
I WANT THIS GAME NOW~

No MiiVerse? :(

There's a Miiverse community for the Japanese one already, but there's no screenshots, or tags, or any of the cool features like NSMBU uses. I wish they would add screenshots. All I want to do is take a picture of my dude in his badass Lagiacrus armor in single player.

Honestly, in terms of the 3DS version, it is improved significantly from the PSP's Portable 2?

Anything with the option of a second stick, or even just the virtual dpad on the bottom screen, will be infinitely better than MH on PSP. I don't know how the Japanese do it.

Wait I can't attach screenshots to Miiverse on the Wii U version? Well shit. There goes *part* of the appeal...

Deband

Indeed - I forgot about this, you're absolutely right to mention it.
No MiiVerse.
No cross-region multiplayer.

Damn you Capcom, how come you can do some things so right but others so wrong..
Just visit GAF to know what you need to do..

Well at least they are doing patches. Maybe more Miiverse integration can come in a later one too.

antonz

I could have sworn we made a big ruckus here about Wii U built in microphone not useable for voice chat.

I think what happened is it was mentioned for certain games it could not be used particularly games that make use of the microphone for game functions outside of chat.

It was kinda assumed that was a total lockout.

jmizzal

Its up to the Devs, there are WiiU launch games that can use the gamepad for voice chat, most of the time people make a big deal about something not there, but when it is found out to be wrong, nobody says anything lol.

Top Bottom