• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3G HD update brings voice chat/usb keyboard tomorrow

NeoRausch

giant stupid question approaching!

I really have no idea, but is there a way to carry my Wii Save of Trip over to tri HD?

RazorK1d

There's a Miiverse community for the Japanese one already, but there's no screenshots, or tags, or any of the cool features like NSMBU uses. I wish they would add screenshots. All I want to do is take a picture of my dude in his badass Lagiacrus armor in single player.

To those who don't yet own a WiiU(and those that do) you can take a screenshot of any game on WiiU and post it to the Miiverse community without there being any Miiverse hooks a la MarioU built in. When you want to take a screenshot, you hit the home button and go to Miiverse. You will boot into the Miiverse community for that game and when you make a new post, you have the option of adding the screenshot you just took to your post. No specific Miiverse hooks needed because this is an OS level function. Unfortunately you can't create a bank of screenshots to peruse through, but maybe that's an update for the future.

Hiltz

Will the demo feature online play? Would be curious to try out the voice support.

I don't know for sure, but it's unlikely. Not even the MH Tri demo had online play. MH3U HD's eshop demo is probably the same one as last year's with Lagombi, Zinogre, and Brachydios.

Will the demo feature online play? Would be curious to try out the voice support.

Are we getting a Wii U demo? I thought it was just for 3DS.

To those who don't yet own a WiiU(and those that do) you can take a screenshot of any game on WiiU and post it to the Miiverse community without there being any Miiverse hooks a la MarioU built in. When you want to take a screenshot, you hit the home button and go to Miiverse. You will boot into the Miiverse community for that game and when you make a new post, you have the option of adding the screenshot you just took to your post. No specific Miiverse hooks needed because this is an OS level function. Unfortunately you can't create a bank of screenshots to peruse through, but maybe that's an update for the future.

No, this is incorrect. A few games like DarkSiders II, Tekken Tag Tounament 2, and Monster Hunter 3 do not support screenshots. Go to their Miiverse communities and see for yourself. You will not find screenshots there. I own DSII and TTT2 and have tested this out myself.

If I buy this game, will you guys help me out and get me into monster hunter?

I bought the Wii version, and I didn't know what to do, so I sold it.

But with some help and instruction, I think I can get really into these games.

Teknoman

Everyone will. The community (at least here) is really helpful, and we used to go on hunts all the time. Add people from the thread to your friends list and you can usually find someone no matter the time of day. And with non-wiispeak voice chat, now we can finally work out a nice plan on the fly. Although it was fun just to see team synergy in action even without making a plan.

Cool, I may update my game tomorrow then.
I'll be free from any more GamePad interaction! Only a keyboard and a wiimote/CCPro combo needed.

RazorK1d

Are we getting a Wii U demo? I thought it was just for 3DS.

No, this is incorrect. A few games like DarkSiders II, Tekken Tag Tounament 2, and Monster Hunter 3 do not support screenshots. Go to their Miiverse communities and see for yourself. You will not find screenshots there. I own DSII and TTT2 and have tested this out myself.
Wow, that's really too bad. The only game I knew you couldn't do it with was BLOPS2 online because you couldn't access Miiverse in multiplayer.

ugoo18

Everyone will. The community (at least here) is really helpful, and we used to go on hunts all the time. Add people from the thread to your friends list and you can usually find someone no matter the time of day. And with non-wiispeak voice chat, now we can finally work out a nice plan on the fly. Although it was fun just to see team synergy in action even without making a plan.

Which thread?

I would like to hunt with Gaffers as well. AUS/EU ones since online is region locked, actually that reminds me does AUS play with EU or does AUS have a seperate server?

enishi

Ok, got the update tonight (Asia time) and played a few matches with local ppl

You can set the gamepad mic on/off by tapping the button on top of the gamepad screen.

And you can set the sensitivity of mic and voice output from either gamepad or TV through setting.

The voice is clear enough from the gamepad. My party members can hear clearly even when I am not speaking directly towards the mic (I sit down and hold the gamepad in natural position to play and speak).

With voice chat, we can discuss which quest going to play (typing English in Japanese MH3U is rather slow...) and have complex instructions to defeat the monsters. Also, teaching someone who knows little on this game.

It is a really nice addition, esp I did not expect Capcom to put the voice chat patch back to Japanese version.

Chuckpebble

Hmm. This seems like a pretty significant update. Maybe there's a chance for Miiverse support being added down the line...

You can set the gamepad mic on/off by tapping the button on top of the gamepad screen.

And you can set the sensitivity of mic and voice output from either gamepad or TV through setting.

The voice is clear enough from the gamepad. My party members can hear clearly even when I am not speaking directly towards the mic (I sit down and hold the gamepad in natural position to play and speak).

With voice chat, we can discuss which quest going to play (typing English in Japanese MH3U is rather slow...) and have complex instructions to defeat the monsters. Also, teaching someone who knows little on this game.

It is a really nice addition, esp I did not expect Capcom to put the voice chat patch back to Japanese version.
CANNOT WAIT T___________T

Yall are not ready for my flawless english.

DaBoss

How good is the mic's noise cancellation? Can you hear a bunch of stuff in the background or not?

enishi

How good is the mic's noise cancellation? Can you hear a bunch of stuff int he background or not?

I heard some TV sounds from 1 of my member. After he turned down tv volume a bit, I can hardly hear that.

I don't think the noise cancellation is superior, but at least it does ok to make player's voice standing out.

DaBoss

I heard some TV sounds from 1 of my member. After he turned down tv volume a bit, I can hardly hear that.

I don't think the noise cancellation is superior, but at least it does ok to make player's voice standing out.

Alright, it sounds good for the type of mic it is.

Jaruru

Cool, I may update my game tomorrow then.
I'll be free from any more GamePad interaction! Only a keyboard and a wiimote/CCPro combo needed.

question:

anyone playing the japanese Wii U outside of Japan?
does the eShop works? or is it IP track like DQ online?

DaBoss

question:

There is a YouTuber who posts videos online, I'll edit my post putting his channel on. I'm pretty sure he is from Germany. Not sure if he bought it through eShop, but he can play online. I doubt Nintendo region-locked the eShop. I know the 3DS eShop can be used from anywhere.

EDIT: GSD993: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cytqs37Kz98

Excuse me guys, I'm new in MH series.

The game actually can afford this configuration shown on this picture?

n01.jpg

With configurable HUB I guess...

Glad the use of the pro controller.

enishi

question:

Japanese Wii U owner from Hong Kong:

eshop works perfect (sans the launch speed)
and smooth online gameplay for MH3U (just met 2-3 times network issues in a-month online experience)

DaBoss

Jaruru

There is a YouTuber who posts videos online, I'll edit my post putting his channel on. I'm pretty sure he is from Germany. Not sure if he bought it through eShop, but he can play online. I doubt Nintendo region-locked the eShop. I know the 3DS eShop can be used from anywhere.

EDIT: GSD993: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cytqs37Kz98

thx man. watching the video now :p
I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!

Japanese Wii U owner from Hong Kong:

eshop works perfect (sans the launch speed)
and smooth online gameplay for MH3U (just met 2-3 times network issues in a-month online experience)

Excellent!! I'm from HK too, living overseas now.

planning to get a japanese Wii U + buy any jp exclusive titles from there. not going to order hard copy from rip off sites. they're so $$$

Hoodbury

Tri was my first monster hunter game and what I observed is that people are very friendly in helping out if you at least put in some effort. Don't just jump online right away if you don't know what you're doing and expect people to kill monsters for you.

Build up your inventory so you can at least have potions and whetstones and other items needed.

People don't get on other people's cases for their lack of skill, but more their lack of doing anything for themselves and expecting others to do everything for them.

Most people don't like to go online to do gather quests so you can get your mushrooms and other ingredients. Do that type of stuff on your own time. When you're ready to hunt the monsters, people usually are more than willing to help out.

The server is also setup where you go into 'rooms' that are labeled a certain thing as well. So going into someone else's 'room' that is labeled for High ranking people to kill a specific monster and then asking them to help you kill a low rank different monster isn't the way to go about things.

Go in the right servers for what you are currently doing or make your own rooms and get people to join you.

Basically it's just common courtesy. If you have that, then you'll be just fine. Plus if you make friends from here, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who will go out of their way to help out new hunters.

Top Bottom