• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy: Xenoblade WiiU. X? or it's Reyn time on HD?

Malvingt2

Update 2

Walmart:

Item DescriptionTop of Page
X (Working Title), a Nintendo console exclusive, is a pre-release action rpg game to be released in December of 2013.
More information is on the way! Check back soon!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xenoblade-Wii-U/23428791

Best Buy yet to make any update.
Update 1:

^
Thanks to: Orayn

Thanks to: Hoodbury

so what is this? a mistake from Best Buy? X placeholder name? a HD version of the game? if it is a placeholder why not Xenoblade 2?

Probably just a placeholder for X

And dude: it's always Reyn time

tumblr_lr3pbjJTgQ1qa748ko1_500.png

It probably is a mistake. Aren't retailers the best?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Didn't Best Buy have a listing for Donkey Kong 3D last year...that turned out to be Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D?

I'd double dip in a short time span if this is a HD version of the Wii game. If this is the official name of the Wii U titlte though, I am fucking hyped!

2013 fall release would be fucking amazing. The game looked pretty solid from the video we saw a couple of months ago. The game has clearly been in the works on the Wii U for quite some time.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I was thinking to myself yesterday a HD re-release of Xenoblade this summer makes a lot of sense in terms of filling out the Wii U lineup and building up excitement for X...

Mileena

Banned
Obviously, you haven't tried playing it on a HDTV with a Wii. The Wii U does a great job of upscaling it so that you can actually read the text!
It was ugly enough for me to never put it in again. Now I have to play on Dolphin and get random fps drops :(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Personally, I don't want an HD remake now... I'm 20 hours into Xenoblade on my WiiU as it is, currently playing, don't want to start over :) /selfish reasons

Ridley327

Incidentally, I'm getting around to actually finishing the game now, so this is obviously not coming out soon enough for me to be bothered by it!

I am so glad. I just want to be able to play the damn game I don't care what it's on. Please let me buy it from you NoA. I'm sorry I didn't pick it up right away the first time, I've learned my lesson please don't punish me again.

Fuck that, ship it, Nintendo. I've bought your shit day one for a few gens straight, stopping at WiiU.

Want my money this time? Gimme 'dat content.

Bigjelly

Banned
Sadly this is probably a placeholder, but wow if did release this and fairly quickly it would instantly be the best game on the system even being a port.

I just bought the Wii U version and have been holding off on playing it, but I would wait for this and buy without a second doubt.

Orayn

This is wrong. I'm playing it now. It looks fine.

A lot depends on your setup, even moreso with Xenoblade than other Wii U games due to how detailed and pointy it can be. I played on my 55" rear projection HDTV and thought it looked pretty nice, but that was mostly due to lack of scaling. I've since moved and gone back to my cheapo low-tier OEM 26" LCD, and Xenoblade looks like butt.

Xenoblade seemed pretty complete as is on Wii. Of the Rainfall trilogy, I actually think The Last Story would benefit most from an HD remake.

Ridley327

Xenoblade seemed pretty complete as is on Wii. Of the Rainfall trilogy, I actually think The Last Story would benefit most from an HD remake.

I dunno; Off-TV play, as well as the possibility of being able to do menu management while the game is still playing on the GamePad would be pretty goddamn appealing. Truth be told, the menus would be much better to navigate with a touchscreen, even if they didn't change anything about them. And that's ignoring some obvious technical improvements, like a locked framerate, improved loading times, and fixing up the nasty LOD issues that pop up in the more geographically dense locations, like Makna Forest.

I dunno; Off-TV play, as well as the possibility of being able to do menu management while the game is still playing on the GamePad would be pretty goddamn appealing. Truth be told, the menus would be much better to navigate with a touchscreen, even if they didn't change anything about them.
Well, the other side if it is that Monolith's knee deep in X and 3DS projects while Mistwalker/MAQL seem a bit more open at the moment. TLS could use more tweaking too, it seemed to stress under Wii constraints way more than XBC did.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

The Last Story on the WiiU would be great. A lot of potential with the WiiU gamepad.

Yes, yes, and yes. I'd buy it to play through again in a heartbeat. I LOVED that game.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
FWIW I believe amazon and gamestop also just started listing Wonderful 101 for pre order as well.

Nintendo Direct possibly coming soon?

Top Bottom