• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army Reprinted

Soriku

Dat title.

81K3JT2BaKL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyway, it's been reprinted (likely for the upcoming release of Soul Hackers) and you can get it off Amazon for around $30 with shipping. Raidou 2 hasn't been reprinted though unfortunately, considering its price.

EDIT: Raidou 2 is also getting reprinted according to Siliconera.

Nice, I have the second one but haven't really played it much. If my PS2 wasn't a piece of garbage I'd probably pick this up.

Weird that they chose to reprint Raidou 1. I always thought that people considered the second one better because of changes in combat and the return of alignments.

Interesting. Not the best game, but I enjoyed going through it. The writing was really good and I loved the manual.

Aeana

This has to be one of the most overlooked SMT games, probably due to the tepid response it's predecessor garnered. It's really a fantastic RPG.

This is the one that received the poor response. The sequel is called Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon.

IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR COLLECTORS OUT THERE!! Is the package insert still holographic, and which disc label did they go with? The multi-dot pop-art or the regular two-tone Raidou art?

Well since the reprint only just happened, I guess we'll see. I might go for this as well, I remember barely scraping through this game years ago as a stupid kid who didn't know how to actively guard from attacks and didn't really do the best with fusions or whatnot.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Have 1 and 2. Best #2. Plushie #2.

Edit: beaten

geebee

Banned
Is Raidou 1 completely skippable? At least in terms of story will I be lost? I never finished it, but my Raidou 2 keep staring at me from the shelf and I'm not too thrilled about revisiting the first game.

Soriku

Is Raidou 1 completely skippable? At least in terms of story will I be lost? I never finished it, but my Raidou 2 keep staring at me from the shelf and I'm not too thrilled about revisiting the first game.

Yes, it's skippable.

Had a lot of fun with the 1st game, I really liked the battle system. Haven't gotten around to playing the 2nd, but I hear only good things.

leroidys

Damn, I sold my Devil Summoner 2 a while ago for about 1/3 of what it's going for.

I really wish they would make a 3rd starring Raidou with the effort that went into Catherine. The series has such an amazing setting, it deserves to be better produced. The games definitely don't reach their potential :\

Young Magus

I knew I should have waited when I got the game @ $50.

For those that are on the fence, buy the game at this price. For an Action-RPG from a series that does not do A-RPGS often it pretty good. Good concepts and atmosphere. Hope that the 2nd one get reprinted.

Raidou 2 is great and a big improvement on the first game IMO. Great action RPG worth checking out, especially of you enjoy the typicical SMT tropes.

Oh I know 2 is good. But Im missing 1 and I cant believe Im debating getting it now that its reprinted.

randomkid

I am enjoying this trend of Raidou 1 threads that aren't swarmed with people calling it a crime against humanity.

Boxart in the OP makes me smile every time.

Aeana

Why didn't they just put it on PSN? Must be hard to emulate.

Reprints are often not initiated by the publisher. Places like GameQuest Direct tend to do it, and that's actually how SMT3 and DDS got reprinted in the past. Although I don't think GQD has anything to do with this one since it isn't on their site.

Fou-Lu

As much as I want a complete SMT collection, the lukewarm response this game garnered meant I never bought it, considering it now.

jony_m

Do you not like money Atlus?

Why aren't these games on PSN, no need for HD version (although it would be nice) just like Persona 3 which I bought for the 4th time (P3, P3 FES, P3P, P3 FES PSN edition) - You already figured out the whole emulator thingie.

Nocturne would be nice too. $19.99 each - do it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Was not a fan of this game. The combat got stale for me fast. I would say proceed with caution if your only reason of buying this game is expecting your typical SMT experience.

Kevtones

Damn I should've beaten this long ago. I bought the guide to do so and just forgot about it. Still have an unopened copy of 2 with that plushie somewhere too...

Seda

I bought the first one when I noticed the lower price a few days ago and I'll but the second one if it gets reprinted as well.

randomkid

Great news, really glad folks will have the chance to pick up both games. I love Raidou 1 just as much but Raidou 2 is the game I'd recommend to a stranger, everything people say about the improvements is accurate. I have issues with the first and last chapters, but everything in between is near the top of what this franchise can achieve. A strong Kaneko vision, alignments, and the reintroduction of old characters and plot elements means it even has a very nice Shin Megami Tensei feel funnily enough. People shouldn't miss the chance to grab it.

Top Bottom