• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris suburb honors convicted assassin in Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Majdi Rimawi, in jail for killing of tourism minister Rehavam Ze’evi, is the first honorary citizen of the town of Bezons.

A suburb of Paris has granted honorary citizenship to the Palestinian assassin of Israeli tourism minister Rehavam Ze’evi, Palestinian media reported recently.

The city of Bezons, located 10 miles northwest of Paris, honored Majdi Rimawi on February 13, calling him a “victim of the occupation.” Rimawi, a member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, is serving a life sentence for the 2002 assassination.

Rimawi, 48, commanded and dispatched the two-man team which shot dead the Israeli minister on October 17, 2001 in Jerusalem’s Hyatt hotel. He was also involved in arming and dispatching a team which booby trapped two cars in the city of Yehud, near Tel Aviv, in July 2001, injuring six Israelis.

Bezons, home to some 27,000 people, twinned with Rimawi’s town of Bani Zeid Al-Gharbiyya in 2008.

“This is a strong political act,” said mayor Dominique Lesparre at the honorary citizenship ceremony, according to Palestinian Media Watch, which wrote about the event. “It is an unequivocal [statement] concerning the [Israeli] colonization of the Palestinian people.”

Rimawi’s wife also attended the ceremony.

“Majdi Al-Rimawi has been locked up for more than ten years in an Israeli jail. His crime? defending his city and its inhabitants; demanding the application of international law by giving Palestine back its 1967 borders and recognizing East Jerusalem as its capital as recognized by the UN. For this he was sentenced to life plus 80 years in prison,” the bulletin noted.

Source.

Monocle

I like how the list of his crimes from that bulletin skirts around the fact that he murdered a human being.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I bet that suburb has good amount of Muslim population.
Sometimes people will do anything for votes.

Antakken

Banned
I live 5 km away of Bezons. A nice little town, not a blacks & arabs crowded cité like Sarcelles.

Nothing on Google news about this, except a couple of israelis sites...

I live 5 km away of Bezons. A nice little town, not a blacks & arabs crowded cité like Sarcelles.

banstick.jpg

Volotaire

What is it with people, colour and nationality is nothing to prejudge.

EDIT: Wait a minute isn't Bezons the one who has honored the Palestinian, this makes this post even more confusing.

Kurtofan

Antakken is Muslim...

What is it with people, colour and nationality is nothing to prejudge.

EDIT: Wait a minute isn't Bezons the one who has honored the Palestinian, this makes this post even more confusing.

So you guys think that people who honour Palestinians have to be Muslims or trying to gain Muslim votes?

The French Communist Party has always supported the Palestinian cause, it doesn't need to woo voters or something.

Drencrom

I don't see how that assassination benefit Palestine's cause, do these folks celebrate everytime an Israeli gets killed?

Kurtofan

I don't see how that assassination benefit Palestine's cause, do these folks celebrate everytime an Israeli gets killed?

He was a politician in government in favor of Israeli colonization, saying he was just a random Israeli is pretty weird.

the ANC sometimes used violence against the Apartheid regime.

Polari

Did that guy get banned for being lost in translation?

Dude was a Muslim of Algerian descent, so it seems a tad ironic. But ANYWAY back on topic:

wtf France? There are plenty of Palestinians far more worthy if you want to show your "solidarity".

Kafel

Banned
Antakken clearly went too far

back on the story, France is pleasing communities one after the other these days so I'm not surprised things like that happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom