• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ketsui PS3 port hitting 7/25

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Revealed in the latest Famitsu to be released on 7/25 by 5pb.
KKFpCbj.jpg

Regular Edition: 7140 yen
Limited Edition: 10290 yen

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, that's kinda crazy. Good for people who don't have a 360.

Wonder how the port quality will compare. The 360 version was like... perfect.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The MS grip on CAVE has been loosened.

SDOJ PS3 please. I need redemption for being so terrible at the arcade version.

[PS3] 5pb「ケツイ」通常版7140円/限定版10290円

Limited edition too, yahoo.

Oh. My. God.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day zero purchase!

I've been hemming and hawing on getting an Xbox to play Cave shooters but now it looks like I might not have to at all!

My body and Hori RAP modded with Seimitsus are ready!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wait, I thought Cave had a falling out with 5pb over the DOJ port, and that's why Ketsui/DOJ aren't in that box set. Hmm.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wait, I thought Cave had a falling out with 5pb over the DOJ port, and that's why Ketsui/DOJ aren't in that box set. Hmm.
IIRC, 5pb outsourced DOJBLEX to a third party who plagiarized Arika's code from the PS2 port of DOJ. That's why DOJBLEX is out of print forever and ever.

I imagine Ketsui's not in the box set because Cave neither published nor developed it.
Same thing with this port.

Ramune

5pb handled the Ketsui/DOJ ports, while CAVE did the others themselves (well technically M2 got them started). Seems 5pb still has publishing rights to Ketsui. Already have the 360 version, but am I gonna CAVE and double dip? Hmm.....

Edit: Beaten without honor....

@Chacranajxy: Sorry, just....couldn't help myself there. ^_-

@MUWANdo

Banned
IIRC, 5pb outsourced DOJBLEX to a third party who plagiarized Arika's code from the PS2 port of DOJ. That's why DOJBLEX is out of print forever and ever.

I imagine Ketsui's not in the box set because Cave neither published nor developed it.
Same thing with this port.

Okay, fair enough. Just curious is all.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oh shit, region-free Ketsui?! So bought.
All my shmups are on 360 tho, I wish Rising Star would bring over the X360 sku at least.

BOTEC

Any ideas what the limited edition would have over the basic?

The X360 version came with a soundtrack and a superplay DVD, I believe, so I'd expect the same sort of trinkets on PS3. What I'd really like to see myself is new box/disc art. I've been looking at that same ugly ass official artwork for years (10 of 'em), can I haz new art plz?

hongcha

I hope there's a new arrange mode or something. If it's identical to the X360 version, I'll pass.

EDIT: Wait, what am I saying? A Cave shooter on the PS3? Day 1, if only as a curio!

danmaku

I guess 5PB has still some money to burn on Ketsui... good news, anyway. Ketsui is awesome, if the port has the same perfect quality of the 360 version, it's a must buy for PS3 shmuppers.

Are there any region-locked disc games for PS3?

The only region-locked PS3 games that I know of are some downloadable titles on PSN (PSEye stuff and some others I think).

@MUWANdo

Banned

The only region-locked PS3 games that I know of are some downloadable titles on PSN (PSEye stuff and some others I think).

The only one that springs to mind is Persona 4 Arena, a fairly recent game (and one that still isn't out in Europe).

Corto

And thus my PS3 retail shooter collection grows! Mamoru Kun and now this. ;) hehehe Day one. And I would be willing to bet that this will not be region locked. I'm sure there won't be a European or US release of this game so there's no international sales to protect from import copies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Just Persona 4: Arena.

Might double dip for region-free handiness since this is probably my favourite Cave game. Then again, I don't fancy paying those imports prices again.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
5pb sucks, but I'm still tempted.

Would have loved an Arika or M2 production.
Arika or M2 would have been excellent, but 5pb's internal dev is no slouch. They did a fine job with Ketsui. IIRC, EOJ of Cave-STG pegged it as some 95% accurate in a ranking of ports...above Cave's own pre-M2 work on Deathsmiles. (I could be remembering this incorrectly, so don't quote me.) Yeah, I remembered this incorrectly. Regardless of ranking or percentage it's a good port and you should buy it if you're interested.

5pb only fucked up when they outsourced DOJBLEX to a bunch of hack plagiarists.

hongcha

IIRC, EOJ of Cave-STG pegged it as some 95% accurate in a ranking of ports...above Cave's own pre-M2 work on Deathsmiles. (I could be remembering this incorrectly, so don't quote me.)

I don't think it was listed as more accurate than Deathsmiles (also, it really isn't). It's a great port, but it runs a bit faster overall and is missing bits of slowdown, particularly at the end fight against Doom, which looks like it has no slowdown at all in the X360 port.

Top Bottom