• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everything is better IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Basically I was off work for the last couple of months and in the meantime I joined some various social groups. I never met so many new friends since, well, ever. (a gaf ban helped). Now I'm back here and people seem so bitter about insignifiant details that I can't believe I found that normal.

So this will be my last thread here. I've been a gaf member for the last 15 years and I'm realising that I've outgrown gaming and online forums in general.

I met a lot great people here (and a lot that I would have punched too), so hopefully you guys and gals will forget me soon enough and have a great life.

One last cheer for gaf!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
You'll be back.

They always come back.

(looks at Toxic Adam)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Member No. 1311? That's pretty old-school.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I had a similar 'revelation' when I was banned for a month.

You'll be back, they always come back. Maybe not with as much frequency like myself. But you will be back.

Believe.

akira28

One last cheer for gaf!

the sincerity brings tears to my eyes. had anyone noticed the absence? I mean basically "my social life has kicked off while I was banned, and I don't need you losers. I just thought I'd come back and tell you. I'll never come back here again. cheers!"

it's just...weird.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You'll be back.

They always come back.

Seriously. I didn't even make a grand goodbye post myself. I just forgot my password, started lurking, stopped visiting altogether, and now the reverse has happened two years later. This god forsaken place gets its hooks in...

You were doing it wrong, dude. Go ahead and leave but just know it's possible to browse Internet forums (and even participate!) and still have a healthy social life :p Same for playing games.

RSLAEV

Yeah I find myself spending too much time on message boards and thinking that most people are shit. I forget sometimes that gaf isn't real life
Then again I can't talk about DARK SOULS in rl...

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Didn't you get banned for raging about women in the gay gaf thread? They're in real life too, in your gay bars.
Actually here women are legally banned from most gay places. Which is why I still don't get the uproar about my posts. I'll blame politically correctness and cultural differences.

Was great talking to you, and I wish you the best!
Same!

Wait before you go tell us what social groups that you joined.

Mostly bikers' groups and a cooking group.

Everything in moderation, man. I don't understand why you'd have to "quit" a forum to have a better social life, but whatever floats your boat.

Cocaine

Banned
I agree, some of the stuff we argue about here is so stupid.

Take care.

It's true. I think the majority of conversation is mindless banter/debate.

But I stick around for the few gems.

Can't imagine the people who sit at home all day pressing refresh. I guess it's easy to happen.

PEACE OP.

How will I ever forget this guy without an avatar.

Douchiness aside, have fun, do what you enjoy. Glad you're finding life so fulfilling.

Who are you?

the sincerity brings tears to my eyes. had anyone noticed the absence? I mean basically "my social life has kicked off while I was banned, and I don't need you losers. I just thought I'd come back and tell you. I'll never come back here again. cheers!"

it's just...weird.

Seems pretty dickish.

Good luck out there... In the real world. Finally awoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom