• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I've read a lot of reviews and people saying this is perhaps one of the best, if not the best role playing game module or campaign ever made.

I'm a huge fan of call of Cthulhu so I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what makes this so great? It sounds awesome but to say is one of the best if not the best, I really like to know without actually having to delve in since I don't think I'd be able to do that.

Geomancer86

Neo Member
I ran it for my core group of friends, it took a lot of preparing and studying to not get stuck or require reading a lot and stalling the game, but it was really worth it, we played it through the span of 1.5+ years or so.

I think it's regarded the best because it gets everything done right, the hooks, the red herrings, the side quests, the npcs, the locations, and never gets boring to play as it expands and you keep adding places to go and people to meet.

I have to say my players loved it, too bad it's not something you can experience twice as a player... and I do not have another group of players, lol.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
It can't be the best CoC module unless at least TWO players are insane by the end...literally!

I remember one of the older rulebooks had an entire page of lurid adjectives that would cost you 1 sanity point if you read them all. Such fun, that game :p

Geomancer86

Neo Member
In 1.5 years of real time, playing almost each week, truly I cannot remember but I think only one of the OG characters made it to the end, it was an epic professor. Other characters had some rotation XD

Top Bottom