• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever Happened To That Chaosium/Focus Home Deal?

For reference....

So you don't have to read the entire articles, basically there was supposed to be a deal with Chaosium and Focus Home Interactive for 10 years for them to make video games based off the Call of Cthulhu role playing game. This was after the official Call of Cthulhu game was released.

I would really like to see more video games that are based off the closest thing we have to an official Lovecraft shared universe, that being games based off Chaosium's system.

Sadly, we've only seen one game so far and this deal was mentioned a few years ago and was signed an official already.

Personally I would love to see some more games but it doesn't look like there's any in sight. I know a few people didn't like the official Call of Cthulhu video game because it was basically a walking simulator but at the same time it's probably the closest you'll get to Lovecraft's work. His stories weren't very violent and was more about solving mysteries. Chaosium has done a really good job of interpreting his works to their role-playing game universe.

I'm really hoping we get to see more in the next few years since this is only a 10-year deal and apparently was started in 2019.

Top Bottom