• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Sales-Age: Gears Judgment sales 1/4 of Gears 3 debut

Into

General fatigue and a non numbered sequel will likely do that to any game right now. Not really surprised, there was no hype it seems for it

AOC83

Banned
What are the numbers for GoW 3?

In general i think that people are more and more done with this generation. CoD and FIFA aside.

Acheteedo

Wow, that is an epic drop-off... though I'm a big gears fan and I'm waiting for a cheap price, so if they can't bag me on day 1 then no wonder this happened.

NZNova

Hard to tell. Is this a statement about the quality/popularity of Judgment or is this just more evidence that the UK gaming market sucks these days? Nothing seems to sell particularly well over there lately.

No hype while everyone is thinking about next gen will do that.

Is the marketing for Bioshock as big as it is here? The gaming stores are focused on Bioshock with very little placement for Gears.

It's the 4th gears of war this gen alone and it's a non numbered sequel. There has also been very little advertising. For me the series just hasn't kept the same quality as the first installment and i just lost interest.

1) No one gives a fuck about Baird
2) Prequel and not a numbered installment
3) 4 maps
4) Reeks of a cash in and looks like GOW3
5) Poor advertising
6) Gears is declining in quality imo

1st was the best.

Seems like both God of War and Gears of War suffering major decline. It's time for a new generation and hopefully some revamps of existing franchises.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to tell. Is this a statement about the quality/popularity of Judgment or is this just more evidence that the UK gaming market sucks these days? Nothing seems to sell particularly well over there lately.
The general hype here is way less, me and ny friends were looking forward to gears 3 I mentioned that judgement came out last week
Some of them didn't know
Does anyone in the UK play any videogames anymore?
:D
Nope, just me :D

So lets get this out of the way.

Which one did better?

God of War: Ascension
OR
Gears of War: Judgement

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Battle of prequels and console exclusives.

Actually now that I think about it, haven't had 2 console exclusive games release so close by, is the 4th entry in the series and is a prequel of the series lol. ^_^

I think it will depend on US sales of either game because the UK numbers sound kinda pitiful for both.

Simzyy

Thinking about it I think next-gen will revitalize the UK. I've been speaking to my friends who are not big gamers at all but they are looking forward to the new consoles and have said "I don't see the point in buying anything until then"

Strange statement as there are some great games coming out soon and I have no idea if this opinion is shared amongst others

Does anyone in the UK play any videogames anymore? :D
They probably do. But new titles have to compete with the huge catalog of dirt cheap older games, so I would think the bar for getting people to flock to a new one grows ever higher - especially in times where money is tighter.

Bladenic

Everything flopping left and right, except Tomb Raider it seems. Maybe not flopping, but selling significantly less than previous entries.

szaromir

Banned
Everything flopping left and right, except Tomb Raider it seems. Maybe not flopping, but selling significantly less than previous entries.
Luckily for Judgment it cost significantly less than the previous entries. Also, the Brits might have some issues with its spelling. :p

Vexxan

Not surprising, I know this game didn't have the biggest and best marketing but I don't know a single person who has actually bought the game.

Hangon... hasnt judgement just been out since Friday in the UK? and Gears 3 came out on a Tuesday... so the 1st week sales wouldnt be a full story would it?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I guess people are finally wising up that Gears games plummet in price shortly after release. Might as well wait a month or two.

And I'm guessing people want Marcus and not Dom as the leading character?

I don't get posts like these.

"No-one asked for these games." Well, apart from the millions upon millions of people who bought the previous games.

You have to admit that both these games seem like afterthought at the end of a generation. Even the publishers were not confident enough to give the numbered names - so ot os not surprising they just seem throwaway.

123rl

Hangon... hasnt judgement just been out since Friday in the UK? and Gears 3 came out on a Tuesday... so the 1st week sales wouldnt be a full story would it?

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have the correct answer. Well done to the professional journalists who didn't realise that a game's sales over 6 days will be bigger than a game's sales over 3 days!

Top Bottom