• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (very) unlikely to come to Wii U.

tVImCbx.png

z6mufmd.png

huh? I thought Nintendo was on a high note with indie developers?
Something happen recently, or is he still living in the days of the Wii?

KageMaru

tVImCbx.png

z6mufmd.png

huh? I thought Nintendo was on a high note with indie developers?
Something happen recently, or is he still living in the days of the Wii?

Maybe he's talking about how they were treated last gen?

After his recent comment about Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised if people just assumed he hates Nintendo. =p

javac

Mr Phil Fish has been bitter recently by the looks of his twitter. Lolicon and furry talk going on, and butthurt this and butthurt that. It's all a bit weird.

If paying for a port and doing it themselves is the only way to treat him right, no one's going to treat him right.

I'd laugh if a Nintendo rep made him an offer now, though.
Someone should link him to the other GAF thread on how Nintendo's making efforts to please indies. Maybe he just had bad experiences with them way back when?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529476
Absolutely nothing we know of Phil Fish suggest he would give a shit.

The indies excuse is utterly transparent.

So I guess he will never make another game for Microsoft either huh?

Phil Fish should really stop publicly stating his opinion. Every time he does he looks like an ass.

NotLiquid

Not that Nintendo would offer you this kind of helping hand to begin with but you didn't exactly keep your bridges sitting comfortably by going on a 3DS bitch fit, Fish.

Darklord

Banned
I'd rather them insult indies than insult the paying customers supporting indies by going "Games broken but I don't wanna pay the XBLA fees to fix it".

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its his decision which is fine, though I don't see what's the point of burning bridges with potential buisiness partners and customers.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yeah well, by the point he'd get the port out, the WiiU would be dead already.

Sendou

Phil Fish doesn't like companies that treat indies in an insulting way so Fez was initially a 360 exclusive. It's not hard to see the irony here.

Isn't this guy a known asshole anyways?
You be the judge.

Phil Fish said:
started playing my first monster hunter game last night. on 3DS. it's not exactly playable without that circle pad pro atrocity... i don't understand. why would you even release a game like that on a platform like that? why is it not out on let's say... vita? you know, the one where you could control the camera. it's too bad because MH looks like it's basically phantasy star online but not in space. and i love me some PSO. the whole entire thing was a mistake if you ask me.

also, im so sick of this dual-screen clamshell bullshit. a 2nd screen adds NOTHING. it's a gimmick. 3D is a gimmick. it's too bad the vita isnt a bigger hit because hardware wise it's PERFECT. it has ONE AWESOME SCREEN, and TWO JOYSTICKS. there's never been a single DS or 3DS that didnt make me go "i wish this was on a single screen". and i've never played any game ever anywhere where i was like "i wish this had a 2nd screen". and absolutely f@$#ing NOBODY ever went "i wish this had 2nd screen that is smaller and a different aspect ration and touch but not 3D" the gameboy micro was the best handheld ever. i wish nintendo would just make a slightly bigger more powerful GBAM-type thing.

SMD

I don't understand why he gets the oxygen of publicity. If he chooses not to do business with Nintendo, that's his concern. Fez was a nice game but it was hardly a game changer and let's face it, if you have a Nintendo console then you're not going to be wanting for great platformers.

Azih

This is the last time I'm posting in a Phil Fish thread. Much like Pachter the guy thrives on publicity and we really don't need to give it to him. STAHP GUYS!

I haven't even tried Fez, and it's mostly because I can't stand Fish running his mouth. I can't remember a time I actively (well, passively, actually) avoided a game just because its lead designer was a douche.

Pretentious twat.

Well he says shit like;

Fish's Twitter said:
the reason fez isnt on nintendo platform isnt because i don't like nintendo. it's because of the insulting way they treated indies.

And then admits it's basically because he can't afford to port it. Why wouldn't he want it on more consoles? Pretending you're witholding your title from a pretty big audience through some misinformed, pointless cause against Nintendo's supposedly evil tirade against indie developers, which is bullshit, as I'm sure beril can probably attest to. Pathetic.

Phil Fish sure loves making an ass out of himself. He should be wise to talk to beril, an individual developer just like Fish who's game, Gunman Clive, is on the 3DS and sold more copies than when the game was on iOS and Android platforms. Plus the game is still featured in the 3DS eShop.

I don't care if he does or doesn't develop games for Nintendo platforms, he should still read the facts before opening his mouth.

Complaining about indie treatment makes even less sense when you recall his allegence to Microsoft and his vehemence against putting Fez on PC.

Top Bottom