• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega "Summer 2013" video tease

Castle of Illusion, I guess?

251017-CastleOfIllusionDigiBox.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Looks like a PROPER Castle of Illusion sequel to me, none of that Power of Illusion nonsense.

LQX

Yep, looks like Castle of Illusion. So fucking awesome all these awesome games from my childhood are coming back so more kids can experience how awesome they were.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
A 3D remake of Castle of Illusion?

I hope it's a Wayforward 2D remake though.

Broach

Banned
Hmm looks like they will put out a proper remake, like Capcom did

Sega's announcements are wierd so far.

I mean we expected: Yakuza 5, New Sonic, PSO2, Allstars Transformed DLC, HD Re-releases etc.

But instead we got so far: Miku Facebook thing, Mickey Mouse game

Lijik

A 3D remake of Castle of Illusion?

I hope it's a Wayforward 2D remake though.
If it looks as good as the recent Sonics like Unleashed and Generations (though ill admit thats a pie in the sky dream), I wouldnt mind it being 3D

Theyd have to get Mickeys ears right though, im a stickler for that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
But seriously Sega, where is the Sonic game so rumoured?

It's kind of sad that this is the most excited I get about Sega these days.

What I'd really like to see from them is a remake of Sega Rally 2, arcade ports, etc. But nope, they're just proud to squeeze out a single HD revision of Jet Set Radio and they want to throw a party for themselves in the process.

Broach

Banned
What I'd really like to see from them is a remake of Sega Rally 2, arcade ports, etc. But nope, they're just proud to squeeze out a single HD revision of Jet Set Radio and they want to throw a party for themselves in the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLUHKE6gyI

Why did only Japan get Virtua Striker and Virtual-On. Dumb.

Hopefully this year they announce a Model 3 Collection. Daytona USA 2, Scud Race, Sega Rally 2 Arcade perfect ports...

It's real. XBLA box-arts get leaked out all the time.

Fantastic.

Crazy that a CoI remake might be in the cards on top of Ducktales HD. Never thought I'd see either game ever re-released, remake, ROM dump or otherwise.

Hopefully this year they announce a Model 3 Collection. Daytona USA 2, Scud Race, Sega Rally 2 Arcade perfect ports...

If any of those three games got a home port, I would forgive Sega for every single screw up this generation.

Tizoc

In Europe Virtua Striker might have done well. Better than Fighting Virpers for sure...

So...a game you like would sell better than a game you don't like?
Fighting Vipers has a dude that hits with a skateboard and Kujo Jotaro, all Striker has is 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!' and messed up football rules.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
In Europe Virtua Striker might have done well. Better than Fighting Virpers for sure...

You know what will sell better than those? Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue HD. :p

Vert boil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLUHKE6gyI

Why did only Japan get Virtua Striker and Virtual-On. Dumb.

They only originally planned to release Fighting Vipers, Sonic the Fighters and Virtua Fighter 2 in the Model 2 collection. One of the programmers got Virtua Striker and Virtual-on working by himself and they decided to release them untranslated.

the fuck ?

I want Virtua Striker on PSN or XBLA.

Make a Japanese account and buy some Japanese credit/points. You could be playing it tonight. The same with Virtual-On.

Top Bottom