• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS: Durango rumors discussed by anonymous source

In other words, any random person worldwide can pay Microsoft a $60 license fee (for the Windows Store) and submit their app/game to the store where millions of people can then download/buy it. No expensive development kits needed.

This... is huge.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It would not surprise me if this was written by one of the junior members and attributed to anonymous GAF source. I have no inside info, just saying I could see this being the case.

Krilekk

Banned
Makes sense. They can use the 360 SOC for those HMD (Fortaleza) glasses or Kinect or the OS without compromising the Durango performance. And have full BC as an added bonus. It moves the overall performance to around 1.75 Teraflops, so close to PS4. I guess it's also the main reason why they have the Display planes, allowing to merge whatever both APUs do into one resulting image (plus an additional plane for Fortaleza).

Everything else seems very believable and in line with what I have heard elsewhere.

BibiMaghoo

Sounds like a Junior Member wrote this...

image.php

jWILL253
(Today, 07:04 PM)

Self confessed!

Gullible or stupid to believe always online, smart for believing that HMD glasses were happening? I'd slap the shit out of this person.

M-PG71C

Suuuuurrrrre. Sounds like a rant from a 15 year old. And GAF is not just a bunch of stupid fanboys. When sources like EDGE are reporting always-online, its worth acknowledging and discussing.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Suuuuurrrrre. Sounds like a rant from a 15 year old. And GAF is not just a bunch of stupid fanboys. When sources like EDGE are reporting always-online, its worth acknowledging and discussing.

I would use the term "discussing" loosely here for what happened in those threads.

Sid

I wonder how much the 720 will cost,that XBOX TV thing could be huge,I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Well if I were someone who wanted to leak things, I'd contact someone at Kotaku who could verify my identity, corroborate, and then report those things. ;)

I'm not saying this is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kotaku already had an article written up pretending to be this person but actually written by themselves.

NOT SAYING ANYTHING just saying you know what I'm saying

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm "either stupid, very gullible, or a fanboy" for believing in the always online rumors (especially after Adam Orth's tweets), yet I'm supposed to blindly trust this anonymous person? Yeah, good one.

Alx

I'm having a hard time believing the "full windows 8" part. With the specific architecture and components of the console, how will developers make sure that their app developed for regular PC or ARM tablets will run ?

Top Bottom