• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch T.V show where men judge naked womens bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanyeEast

Banned
I don't think you know the difference between Dutch and Danish. Dutch = The Netherlands Danish = Denmark. Very different things

dojokun

Banned
I don't have a problem with the show. Objectifying women (or men) is only detrimental when done in a context that implies that their bodies are the only thing that matters, regardless of their other skillsets. If a women is an executive and you judge her based on her body, you're objectifying her in a manner that negatively affects women, because it implies that her body is more important than her skills, and it causes people to overlook other traits a woman may have to offer.

But if it's a show about judging women's bodies, there's no implication that the women have no other skills--the other skills simply weren't relevant to the show. The women came onto the show specifically to have their bodies judged. Thus, I don't think it makes anyone overlook a woman's skillsets, nor does it imply women aren't good for anything but their bodies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
DedkzYt.gif

Valhelm

contribute something
Holy shit, that's incredibly offensive.

I wouldn't have expected that from a Scandinavian country, given the region's reputation of social liberalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom