• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shadow Warrior game?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If new images are any indication, Devolver Digital and Flying Wild Hog are working on a new Shadow Warrior game.

shadow-warrior-logo-592x.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
"You no mess with Lo Wang!"

I still remember the cheat codes Dnstuff and Dntrix. The second one made the RPG launch fucking rabbits.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Despite being a huge fan of the Duke Nukem games, I never played Shadow Warrior. I'd like to do it one day.

Dipswitch

Ummmmmmmm, wasn't the original considered a tad racist? I didn't get the kerfuffle regarding it back in the day, but I think people are going to have a field day with the content nowadays.

Assuming they don't tone it down of course. But then, what's the point?

Draft

The Hard Reset guy's technical knowledge and the design chops of Devolver Digital could actually turn out a pretty amazing game.

SinSilla

Hell jeah, it's been quite a while but i still remember that i enjoyed classic shooters way more than most of the recent ones. I welcome a new Shadow Warrior with open arms if they keep the classic gameplay.

Keep em comin!

PaulloDEC

I like the sound of this. Hard Reset was pretty badass, so Flying Wild Hog seem like a good choice of developer.

Also, loving that logo.

shuri

Banned
That game will give enough faux outrage material to Kotaku for at least 2 weeks of awkwardly overwritten articles by Patricia Hernandez

scitek

That game will give enough faux outrage material to Kotaku for at least 2 weeks of awkwardly overwritten articles by Patricia Hernandez

After their character Fork Parker and how he talked about getting a tit job for his wife, I don't doubt that's exactly what Devolver Digital wants. Free advertising.

spats

I loved this game when I was young. I'll pay a high price for a new Shadow Warrior game, unless it's total poop.

Tain

I was planning to play through Hard Reset but then Serious Sam 3 happened and the thought of going back to Hard Reset was, frankly, offputting.

Maybe I could do it today, though, lol. I'd totally try a Shadow Warrior by those guys, too.

Holy shit!

Ha!

Ummmmmmmm, wasn't the original considered a tad racist? I didn't get the kerfuffle regarding it back in the day, but I think people are going to have a field day with the content nowadays.

Assuming they don't tone it down of course. But then, what's the point?

No, it's considered to be offensive.

Now we need Blood from Croteam.

We don't live in a world that wonderful.

.la1n

Best news I have heard in some time, now give us a proper Blood sequel and my 90s inner kid will be satisfied.

Between this, new Rise of the Triad, and the Megaton releases of Duke 3D and the original Shadow Warrior this year is a real smorgasbord of classic FPS action. Someone needs to revive Blake Stone, we need some pulpy sci-fi shooters as well!

I can still go back to and enjoy the FPS's using the Build engine today. The thing that really stands out for me is the level design. They levels were very creative (considering the limited technology) and fun, with lots of (sometimes silly) secrets to find. This kind of makes me wish that developers would make FPS's in that old style. This is also the reason why I'm not very hyped about this sequel, because I expect the game to have a modern appeal.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
"Who wants some Wang"

*cuts guy in half* "oooh, split personality!"

Love me some Shadow Warrior. I'm not sure how they're going to/if they change it with the dodgy 'chinese' accents in the original but great game to be sure. If I remember correctly Lo Wang has a brother in one of the expansions called Hung Lo as well.

Wait...are we talking about the old 3D realms game that was comedic like Duke Nukem that starred Low Wang the one lining Kung Fu movie parody character and his arsenal of guns?

Was there any other kind? LOL

So, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstein, and Shadow Warrior. Heretic revival next, maybe?

Celegus

Looooved that game when I was a kid. I would be curious to go back and see if I still find it funny now, or if my 10 year old self just really liked potty humor.

Do you want to wash Wang, or do you want to watch Wang wash wang? Hard Reset was amazing, so this could rock. Hard. But everyone be cool, or Warren Spector will come and ruin our parade!

Sorry Warren, Deus Ex is like my favorite game of all time please don't hate me.

Top Bottom