• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Requires Kinect plugged in to operate

LCfiner

So, yeah, all those rumors were basically true. goddamn!

MS is not making a device that I want to own, that's for sure.

Kouriozan

And the bad news keep coming, I always play my games lying in my bed, 100% sure I'll never use Kinect.
Why do I have to pay more for something I won't ever use.

emb

I'm ok with this, so long as I never have to connect to the Internet. The latter is unfortunately not how video games work any more, apparently.

Trigger

So what happens if your Kinect breaks?

Good luck!

ibpKsy1nnEwjkE.gif

sakipon

Bah, all the bad rumors end up true.

Yup. This is bad, and together with the used games business it becomes a deal breaker.

Oh man, I'd really have wanted to play Remedy's game. They should've jumped the ship when they had the chance.

Wait so Kinect just has to be hooked up? Or do I have to always use it? I like to turn stuff on with my controller or the actual power button.

Meh doesn't affect me, my Kinneck now is always connected, it's not like I take it down for any reason, and I <3 voice control. Wii Sensor bar was the same. Really this isn't that big a deal. It's not like you need the Rock Band drum kit connected for xbox to work.

Averon

All those terribad rumors are coming true. I bet the Adam Orth fiasco is the only thing that prevented always online.

Hello operator, my Kinect broke.

That'll be 150 bucks.

But the console only cost 500 bucks.

Yeah you're right, sorry. That will be 250 bucks.

Xpliskin

This is like having a power adapter plugged in at all times, I don't see it as a problem.

Only problem would be when it breaks, gets lost or takes up unnecessary space in your living room and the discomfort of feeling like being watched at all times.

Top Bottom