• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Self Publishing on Xbox One

kadotsu

Banned
tumblr_ltw2hwCHVK1qfslqco1_500.jpg

DR3AM

ahhaahahahahahahahah

this keeps getting better and better

i dont think I LOL'd so much in a day on the internet

Man

*applauds*

Even if I tried I think I would have a hard time to screw up a new console, it's strategy and reveal as much as Microsoft have managed here.

Amir0x

Banned
what possible benefit does it give to Microsoft to be a dick about this?

You know what, nevermind. These guys are fucked. I feel bad for supporting them the last two gens and allowing them to get a foothold. Holy christ.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Congrats Microsoft, another reason the Wii U is somehow better than X1. Keep it rolling!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Today has been a fun day. Conference feels like it should have been held on April 1st.

Codeblue

Is this confirmed or is Kuchera just upset that they haven't confirmed/denied it yet?

Edit: for people who didn't click the link:

edCEDKp.png

i-Lo

Things can change. But the fact that they haven't already done so means that they are currently squarely focussed on getting large AAA game publishers.

notthisshittuagain.jpg

Seriously, it's the first sign that Microsoft has refused to change its digital distribution policies with regards to indies, and I believe "no self-publishing" was the biggest beef. With that not changing, I have a feeling Microsoft has made a grave error and not changed their policies at all.

Indie/different/quirky/innovative is what I enjoy most in gaming right now. Pumped about Sony's direction on this front. It's a pleasant surprise. Didn't really expect MS to follow suit.

Satchel

Banned
It almost feels like they purposely created a list of all the worst things they could do, and challenged themselves internally to implement them all and still see if they can succeed.

I was naïve to believe they were smarter than that.

Top Bottom