• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 3) |OT| Give in to your instincts. Shirt optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pwf4yvy.png

Welcome to the Season 3 OT of Teen Wolf, the perennial GAF favorite teen action/horror soap opera.

The third season starts on Monday, June 3rd in the US on MTV, and in Canada on Much Music.

Why is it so beloved? Read on to find out.

Summary
(Contains season 1 & 2 spoilers.)

As mentioned above, Teen Wolf is an action/horror teen soap opera very loosely based on the old Teen Wolf movie. And when I say loosely based, I mean the only similarity is that they are both called Teen Wolf.

This iteration of Teen Wolf tells the story of a young man named Scott, his sassy family, sexy friends, and steamy foes in the small town of Beacon Hills. In the first season, Scott, a newly bit were, quickly had to learn the ways of the wolf and find out his place in this brand new world of supernatural intrigue that had descended upon Beacon Hills. With the help of his friend Stiles and his girlfriend Allison, Scott valiantly fought his way through a deadly power struggle for the primo Alpha position, a battle that tore families apart and left more than a few bodies in its wake. Also, people got naked, a lot.

In season 2, with a new Alpha in place, and a brand new set of problems that threatened to tear Scott away from his loved ones, he had to assert his new found strength and abilities into protecting those he cared about from an ever increasing array of threats. (Which included more angst ridden teen wolves than you can shake a stick at, a crazy yet progressive family of hunters, the principal from hell, the scariest substitute teacher you'll ever met, a giant murderous lizard monster, a sassy living corpse and some kid that couldn't swim.) Needless to say, Scott saved the day, with a bit of help from his army of frenemies and some magic dirt. And we'll never forget how important house keys are. *sniff*

Now here comes season 3, twice as large, and 3000 times as shirtless?! If you thought revenge driven lizard ghouls and smarmy dead uncles were bad, how about a group of sexy as hell werewolves that all want to be the boss? Will Scott and friends be able to sift through this HR nightmare? Let's find out!

Note: This season has double the amount of episodes of the last two seasons (24 compared to 12), and will be split into two halves, with the first 12 episodes airing this summer, and the latter 12 later this year/early next year. (Hasn't been officially confirmed yet.)

Cast

PFFBo87.jpg

Scott McCall (Portrayed by Tyler Posey)
Scott is our intrepid hero that usually makes things worse most of the time, but that's not for lack of trying! Now post break-up with soul mate(?) Allison, Scott is gonna do his darndest to live up to his were-potential. Is this the dawn of a brand new Scott?!? Let's ask Isaac!

OsQuj5M.jpg

Allison Argent (Portrayed by Crystal Reed)
Scott's ex Allison had a bit of a wild ride last season. While embracing her latent hunter abilities, she suffered some pretty tragic loses and kinda went nuts. She seems to have calmed down again and is determined to get her life back in order. Hopefully with a lot of help from her DILFy dad.

Ss0ZaH4.jpg

Stiles Stilinski (Portrayed by Dylan O'Brien)
Stiles is Scott's wacky but well intentioned BFF. He had a pretty rough time of it too last season, but now he's got a sexy new haircut and everything is on the mend... But will his new found independence put a wedge between him and Scott? Yes, yes it will. (Probably.)

USBio7J.jpg

Derek Hale (Portrayed by Tyler Hoechlin)
Derek... Alpha, drifter, part time model and full time shirt hater, this guy never seems to catch a break. He's always trying his best to protect his pack and enact revenge against those that destroyed his family, but he usually ends up nearly naked in someone's basement/lair/basement lair covered in body oil. (Not that we're complaining.) Will Derek finally get to be on top this season? Who knows, but he'll probably still be shirtless thankfully.

GY4mXLp.jpg

Lydia Martin (Portrayed by Holland Roden)
Ah, Lydia. She's got some issues, that's for sure. But now that she knows about her special immunity super powers, will she stop being used by dead people? Dead people LOVE this girl. (Along with everyone else it seems.) This young lady needs some serious "me time" though, some real TLC. But knowing Beacon Hills, she'll probably be hopped up on wolfsbane by episode 2.

vPO53XF.jpg

Isaac Lahey (Portrayed by Daniel Sharman)
Isaac is the perfect, porcelain prince of Beacon Hills, who leads a charmed life... Except for that whole being beaten by your abusive father/almost getting murdered in a graveyard/allowing yourself to be turned to a werewolf so you don't get locked in your basement freezer thing. Oh well, at least his steamy bromance with Scott is now in full swing!

yn9iFvO.png

Cora (Portrayed by Adelaide Kane)
Cora, a newcomer in season 3, is a mysterious loner with a hard past that seems to have some secret ties to Beacon Hills. So basically, exactly like everyone else on this show.

NNCK9b2.png

Aiden (Portrayed Max Carver)
Aiden is one of a set of twin Alphas, and is a part of the Alpha Pack, a group of werewolves where everyone is an... um... Alpha. (How does that work, am I right?) Described as charming but brutal, what does this rascal want with our heroes? And more importantly, who's he gonna hook up with???

eac0fSv.png

Ethan (Portrayed by Charlie Carver)
The other half of the Alpha Twins™, Ethan is known to be brilliant but devious. And rumor has it he's got the hots for a certain super popular, super hot lacrosse goalie/genius hacker... (Don't you dare hurt him Ethan! I'M WATCHING YOU.)

qSBzyPd.png

Kali (Portrayed by Felisha Terrell)
Kali is a graceful but deadly lady Alpha, another member of the super trendy Alpha Pack. She don't play, and has zero problems thrusting deadly sharp objects through your body. Plus, her claws are on her feet, so she must blow a lot of money on new shoes.

9oWU2c4.png

Deucalion (Portrayed by Gideon Emery)
Deucalion is the leader of the new hotness, I mean the Alpha Pack. How does one lead a group made up of all leaders exactly? Perhaps with competitive wages, three weeks paid vacation and an enticing benefits package? I'm sure that's it. He looks like a friendly fellow so it's probably all on the up and up.

There are many, many other characters that make up Beacon Hills too, but I guess MTV didn't want to spend money of promo pics for them. ;_; We got hot hackers, under qualified teachers, overqualified vets, foxy dads, dead uncles, crazy moms, psycho grandpas and some more sexy, sexy teens. There's someone for everyone!

Media

-This Might Hurt: Moon River
-This Might Hurt: Eyes
-This Might Hurt: First Blood
-This Might Hurt: Behind You
-This Might Hurt: Bath Time
-This Might Hurt: All Dressed Up
-This Might Hurt: Eyes 2
-This Might Hurt: Get The Door
-This Might Hurt: Let Me Out
-Season 3 Trailer

Links

-Official MTV Teen Wolf Website
-Official Much Music Teen Wolf Website
-Official Teen Wolf Twitter Page
-Official Teen Wolf Tumblr Page

In Closing...

As usual, my OT banner is not really anything to write home about, so if anyone would like to volunteer to make something nicer, just let me know.

Credit: Thanks to MTV.com and unknown tumblr gif maker person for the images. Thanks to Tokubetsu for the title suggestion, with some slight modification.

Derek and I would like to thank you for reading.

dG5nYzu.gif

Let's not forget this gem that should've been the title of this thread.
Eh, I wasn't really fond of that one. I know it's just a joke, but it's too easy to be construed as mean spirited.

Anyway, MTV aired a catch-up/recap special last night. (We didn't get it in Canada.) But Americans can watch on the MTV website now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Eh, I wasn't really fond of that one. I know it's just a joke, but it's too easy to be construed as mean spirited.

Anyway, MTV aired a catch-up/recap special last night. (We didn't get it in Canada.) But Americans can watch on the MTV website now.
It is mean but it was funny. I like your title though.

Canadians can watch it on the MTV.com site if they have Media Hint installed.

Tokubetsu

Stiles x Lydia needs to happen. Once he gets his mojo up, he bangs every other straight female cast member and becomes new protagonist. What happened to the black dude and the weird blonde?

Stiles x Lydia needs to happen. Once he gets his mojo up, he bangs every other straight female cast member and becomes new protagonist. What happened to the black dude and the weird blonde?
Boyd will be back, but Erica isn't on the show anymore. The actress got offered a lead role on another show.

Love seasons 1 and 2, although not for the shirtless men reason most people seem to watch this show for.

Still, this show. So good. It's rare that a second season is better than the first, but so it is with this show. Glad I gave it a chance, because I expected something along the lines of this when the show was first announced. :p

OsQuj5M.jpg

Allison Argent (Portrayed by Crystal Reed)
Scott's ex Allison had a bit of a wild ride last season. While embracing her latent hunter abilities, she suffered some pretty tragic loses and kinda went nuts. She seems to have calmed down again and is determined to get her life back in order. Hopefully with a lot of help from her DILFy dad.
Yes! Man, the guy playing her dad is so hot in the show. Him and Derek are probably my favorites.

...I will watch this for the eye candy and cheese, just like the first two seasons.

Aww, you're wrong for that. And no Peter love in the OP? =/
Matt still pisses me off. If he was actually some vengeful spirit, then that would of been cool, but he was just some guy that doesn't know what the words "dead" or "murder" actually mean. What the other kids did to him was awful, but no one was trying to kill him. He was a psycho.

As for Peter, I tried to reference him as much as I could, but if I did bios for everyone the OP would of been too massive, so I just stuck with the people that have official s3 pics. I had to leave out a lot of my favorite characters. :(

Thanks to the people that are actually reading the OP BTW, it's nothing special but I did work hard on it.

Also, I've got my Teen Wolf avatar ready to go thanks to some kind GAFfers. :D

Lol, I completely forget Peter Hale came back to life!

Matt still pisses me off. If he was actually some vengeful spirit, then that would of been cool, but he was just some guy that doesn't know what the words "dead" or "murder" actually mean. What the other kids did to him was awful, but no one was trying to kill him. He was a psycho.

As for Peter, I tried to reference him as much as I could, but if I did bios for everyone the OP would of been too massive, so I just stuck with the people that have official s3 pics. I had to leave out a lot of my favorite characters. :(

Thanks to the people that are actually reading the OP BTW, it's nothing special but I did work hard on it.

Also, I've got my Teen Wolf avatar ready to go thanks to some kind GAFfers. :D
Matt was a total fucking lunatic. That massacre at the police station. Fucking nutjob, man.

Lamest excuse for a killing spree ever.

Kyon

Banned
Well, as canon as it can be without it being an actual romance.

But at least we are getting an actual gay relationship this season.
Danny & Ethan.

WHAAAAAAT? I gave up on Danny and now he's getting it on with the twin from Desperate Housewives? Omg this is everything. All these things they are doing right *-* they truly know the gays are watching this <3 Bless

WHAAAAAAT? I gave up on Danny and now he's getting it on with the twin from Desperate Housewives? Omg this is everything. All these things they are doing right *-* they truly know the gays are watching this <3 Bless
They even get a sex scene apparently.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm still upset that Colton Haynes is no longer in it, but I remain perched!

Out of interest, does anyone here watch Awkward? Seems like the same kind of audience but it's ot is dead

I'm still upset that Colton Haynes is no longer in it, but I remain perched!

Out of interest, does anyone here watch Awkward? Seems like the same kind of audience but it's ot is dead

Yeah, I watch that show but not weekly. I tend to leave it for a couple of weeks and catch up.

Kyon

Banned
I do. I still like it but it's getting very repetitive. How many times does Jenna need to doubt her relationship? Get it together!

Mess. Also there is like only one cutie on that show and he looks like a lessor Daniel Sharman

Kyon

Banned
They already laid the foundation...

e4gwP.jpg

I have no problem with it. Scott and Isaac <3

Allison is a waste of time and she is basic

If anything they should do the whole Godfrey + Eric love thing from True Blood. Eric loved his maker so much (it was implied they dates for a time too). If they can have that kind of strong relationship on this show I would die

Hmmm I thought season 1 was surprisingly good. I didn't even know there was a season 2. Is it streaming anywhere?

It's streaming in my heart now that Arrow's season is over.

Edit: Scott and Allison did it, right?

I wonder... does that count as bestiality or inter-species something or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom