• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ittle Dew: Zelda-ish "puzzly adventure" coming this Summer to Windows/Mac/Ouya

Official Site

Teaser Trailer
2013 Gameplay Trailer
2012 Gameplay Trailer

Ittle Dew is a puzzly adventure game from Ludosity

Fun items

We've boiled down the classic adventure formula to just three items, designed to work together in more or less obvious ways. There are hundreds of ways to combine them so experimentation is key!

Speedrunning

Filled with hundreds of secrets and shortcuts, this game is designed for speedrunning and you're encouraged to complete the game with different setups of tools and weapons. There are online leaderboards for all the ways in which you can complete the game.

Release and platforms

Ittle Dew will be released in Summer 2013. Confirmed platforms as of today are Windows, MacOS and Ouya - and we're working hard on getting Ittle Dew onto your favorite store - be it on PC, console or mobile. Stay tuned for official announcements!

screenshot_01.png

screenshot_07.png

screenshot_24.png

screenshot_04.png

screenshot_13.png

screenshot_22.png

screenshot_02.png

This thread got buried pretty fast huh.

Here's some more stuff I found about the game, a bunch of tracks from the soundtrack are posted on Soundcloud (scroll down past Bunibon's soundtrack).

reallyjoel

Neo Member
Any chance of a 3DS release?

Very slim - even though we have worked on the 3DS before, this time we're using Unity. OTOH, if you check up what platforms Unity *do* support, that gives a good idea of what unannounced platforms we're currently working on ;-)

Thoraxes

Very slim - even though we have worked on the 3DS before, this time we're using Unity. OTOH, if you check up what platforms Unity *do* support, that gives a good idea of what unannounced platforms we're currently working on ;-)

So... Unity (and friends).

Fabrik

Banned
Is it made in Flash?
There is some disconnect between the walking animation of the character and its movement speed.

Something feels off.

dock

The fact that the main character looks just like Link really makes me doubt the creators have any creative ideas to bring to the project.

Really disappointed to see a gameloft style approach being taken to the content, where they just keep screenshots of the 'target game' open at all times.

TimmiT

I like the hand-drawn animation and it looks like it could be fun to play. It could be a little more original though. It'd be nice to have a Zelda-like game in a different setting.

reallyjoel

Neo Member
Actually, yes to all three. Wii U is definitely coming, and we're talking with Sony. Or rather, us and Sony are talking with Unity.

Played the Ouya demo, got all 5 cards, definitely picking this up. Probably gonna wait for Steam version, since I play games on PC way more than consoles these days.

Thought it was a little weird there was no music in the demo though, considering there seems to be music in the actual full game. Also the sign on the beach says to press Z to use your stick instead of O.

Just noticed this is out on Android, and it inspired me to check out some footage of this. Man alive, it's so beautiful. So colourful and charming, and I really like the humour too. Anyone played it on a touch screen; is it up to much? It's comparatively a little dear at £4, and I'd prefer to wait on a Vita version if there's any chance of that instead (as per Joel's comment above).

LTTP: I thought this game was fantastic. I finished it over the weekend at around 3 hours. At first I thought it was a charming and creative puzzle adventure game and wanted to try a few more things. I took at look at the achievements and saw the "beat the game in 15 minutes" achievement. Sure, I could easily cut down my time in a second run, but 15 minutes? Hard to believe.

So I watched some speedruns on youtube and wow, it completely blew my mind. This game is so much more open and creative than I thought. I definitly plan to try a speedrun later. But for now I'm going for 100%.

The master cave is brutal though :( I'm stuck on the 4th puzzle (god stuck already). It sucks because I know what I have to do but I can't get the timing right. I need to switch places with a portal block, place a new portal block in the same spot and then get out of the way all while an ice block I pushed is sliding towards me and I can't for the life of me get out the way. Sucks :(

Anyway this game gets my recommendation (not that anyone cares lol). I'm sure it will be on sale next week with the steam sale so hopefully some people give it a shot. Sucks to see it hasn't reached the Wii U or other consoles yet

LTTP: I thought this game was fantastic. I finished it over the weekend at around 3 hours. At first I thought it was a charming and creative puzzle adventure game and wanted to try a few more things. I took at look at the achievements and saw the "beat the game in 15 minutes" achievement. Sure, I could easily cut down my time in a second run, but 15 minutes? Hard to believe.

So I watched some speedruns on youtube and wow, it completely blew my mind. This game is so much more open and creative than I thought. I definitly plan to try a speedrun later. But for now I'm going for 100%.

The master cave is brutal though :( I'm stuck on the 4th puzzle (god stuck already). It sucks because I know what I have to do but I can't get the timing right. I need to switch places with a portal block, place a new portal block in the same spot and then get out of the way all while an ice block I pushed is sliding towards me and I can't for the life of me get out the way. Sucks :(

Anyway this game gets my recommendation (not that anyone cares lol). I'm sure it will be on sale next week with the steam sale so hopefully some people give it a shot. Sucks to see it hasn't reached the Wii U or other consoles yet

Great to hear your feedback; thanks for that. I didn't realise it had much by way of puzzles; thought it was more of a plain adventure game - good to know! I'm still hopeful they can bring it to Vita at some point.

Top Bottom