• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limbo (Vita) Cross-Buy With PS3 Version TODAY (US)

KalBalboa

Banned
So, despite zero announcements prior to releasing today on the PlayStation Store, people on the PS Blog and some folks at Polygon, Gamespot, and Playstation Lifestyle have reported that Limbo on PS Vita is actually 100% free if you already own the PS3 version.

TLDR: Limbo is a grandfathered freebie on Vita if you own the PS3 version. #YOPO

limbo_vita.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

KalBalboa

Banned
Probably so they can track how many extra copied it is selling as a direct cause of being on Vita.

Hmm. They've done virtually no promotions for this port whatsoever though, and this Cross-Buy deal is the biggest thing of note surround it so far.

VanWinkle

I tried the demo. Looks amazing on the Vita. My fiancee has the game on her account on my PS3, so I don't feel like buying it when I essentially already have the game, but it's awesome that it's YOPO.

reminder

If it's the same for Europe, i guess i'll finally beat it. I have it on Steam and got it for free from PS+, but never really played any of these Versions. But i can't resist dat OLED.

hurzelein

Cross Buy? Awesome.

12,99€ (I assume) for a 3 year old game? Not so much.

Owning it on 360, will maybe buy it for my Vita on a 6€ sale in a few years.

Had no idea this was going to be cross buy. Awesome, I've already got the PS3 version so this'll be another game to add to the Vita backlog...

KalBalboa

Banned
Nice, I think I own limbo from PS+ but I never played it. When I do I'd prefer it on Vita.

I apparently forgot to DL it once it went free on PS+, but I had it on my machine thanks to a room mate and I sharing accounts. Looks like it's time to fork up some money for it.

Cizard

They've not mentioned this being cross buy before this right? How odd... I think people would've been way more excited about the vita version if they knew about this. It basically means free vita version for a lot of people, which is neat.

KalBalboa

Banned
They've not mentioned this being cross buy before this right? How odd... I think people would've been way more excited about the vita version if they knew about this. It basically means free vita version for a lot of people, which is neat.

Maybe they don't like making money?

Here's a screen taken directly from my Vita. Looks unbelievable on the OLED.

8954077446_7257775d7d_o.jpg

zewone

It could be an accident.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Regardless, this game will bomb so hard. 15 dollars when the game has been going for as low as 2 dollars on other platforms? That is insanity.

MDSLKTR

I have this in my steam library since two years ago but I don't think I was going to install it ever. On the vita tough I could definitely see myself playing it, truly the ultimate indie machine.

maltrain

Game looks awesome on PSVita.

I finished on PS3, but I started to play on Vita for looking it and was hooked for one hour... XD

Even if there was a separate trophy set I don't know if I'd play through it again on the Vita... The trophy for playing through the game in one sitting dying less than 5 times (I managed to do it dying only once) was a major pain in the ass.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guess I'll get it later on my Vita.

KalBalboa

Banned
Even if there was a separate trophy set I don't know if I'd play through it again on the Vita... The trophy for playing through the game in one sitting dying less than 5 times (I managed to do it dying only once) was a major pain in the ass.

It's been confirmed to have two separate trophy lists.

Dingotech

When was Limbo free for PS+?
I assumed I'd gotten it but I might be thinking of Closure.

Not sure I want to spend another $15 on Limbo given I've already owned it on 360 and Steam. Maybe when it gets a discount.

Zoc

Cool. I kind of regretted getting it on PS3 because the Mac version was part of a Humble Bundle right after, but it's neat to have it on the Vita.

When was Limbo free for PS+?
I assumed I'd gotten it but I might be thinking of Closure.

Not sure I want to spend another $15 on Limbo given I've already owned it on 360 and Steam. Maybe when it gets a discount.

Lol, I was about to post the exact same message!

Top Bottom