• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2: 13 new titles and launch lineup revealed

Crayon

Maybe it was đź‘€
76cccf6b-e4d6-4cd9-a1b4-faf691a6a57e_text.gif

aclar00

Can I get a free Box VR update and maybe DLC? I actually enjoyed that game. Also an Astro Bot update is a no brainer

And a demo disc, like PSVR 1, along with Playroom VR 2

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
As someone who gets insane motion sickness, watching these vr games being announced is burning my soul. It's the next level of gaming, but my brain says fuck you your not allowed.

I2S9.gif
Ambliophia here, non-correctable…you don’t need to worry about it. While super cool, there are too many issues with immersion for the hundreds of millions of people in the world with vision problems, that will prevent VR from fully taking over the gaming space.

Grechy34

Ambliophia here, non-correctable…you don’t need to worry about it. While super cool, there are too many issues with immersion for the hundreds of millions of people in the world with vision problems, that will prevent VR from fully taking over the gaming space.

Unless you're blind in one eye you should be okay though? I have a high astigmatism and I've been able to enjoy VR. I do get severe motion sickness though.

Crayon

Unless you're blind in one eye you should be okay though? I have a high astigmatism and I've been able to enjoy VR. I do get severe motion sickness though.

As far as I know, it's fine if you have one eye. You don't have stereoscopic vision but you are still getting scale and parallax effect like irl.

supernova8

Banned
GT7 confirmed to be the full game.

Goodbye real world.
Where does it say that?
It seems to say you can drive in all cars around all the tracks, not necessarily that you'd be able to play through single player mode (ie campaign whatever) in VR.
Seems like they would have said "you can play through the entire game in VR" if it really was the full game.

Maybe I'm just being a grumpy cynical shithead but don't forget that SIE revealed GT7 but then didn't mention it was coming to PS4 until three months later, so I cannot help but be cautious and nitpicky about their announcements now.

Last edited:
Pavlov and Demeo for me. Oh and of course Horizon since I ordered that bundle.

Also got RE Village installed and ready to go. Can’t wait for this to drop!

supernova8

Banned
So... once again... it does not explicitly say that the single player mode (ie campaign) is fully playable in VR.

Being able to drive all cars on all tracks ≠ the entire game being playable

All cars on all tracks is basically arcade mode, which is not the same as singleplayer (as we all found out back when GT Sport shipped without a proper single player mode)

If they clarify and say that the entire game, including the campaign mode, is playable then great. I'm happy.

Last edited:
So... once again... it does not explicitly say that the single player mode (ie campaign) is fully playable in VR.

All cars on all tracks is basically arcade mode, which is not the same as singleplayer (as we all found out back when GT Sport shipped without a proper single player mode)

If they clarify and say that the entire game, including the campaign mode, is playable then great. I'm happy.
It literally states that except for 2-player splitscreens, all races are available, incl online.

What more do you want?

SLB1904

Banned

Really dude?

hlm666

Anyone knows if one could watch movies on PSVR2?
Surely someone is going to release one of the many vr video players already out their to psvr2 if Sony don't have their own ready to go. If they don't have one at launch I wouldn't expect it to be long before someone fills the gap.

SilentUser

PSVR 2 has me legitimately hyped for gaming this year.
I don’t think anything is as exciting as a new gaming experience or frontier and all these new games I’ve never heard of is really exciting, it reminds me of the older gen console launches when it wasn’t all sequels to known formula etc.

can’t wait.
Me too! I'm so excited to play with it, there are tons of games that I'm interested already, it is baffling. Since I've bought some PSVR2 titles (like Resi 8, NMS and Demeo), the others will have to wait (I'm looking at you Moss, Cities, Onogoro and many others...).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where does it say that?
It seems to say you can drive in all cars around all the tracks, not necessarily that you'd be able to play through single player mode (ie campaign whatever) in VR.
Seems like they would have said "you can play through the entire game in VR" if it really was the full game.

Maybe I'm just being a grumpy cynical shithead but don't forget that SIE revealed GT7 but then didn't mention it was coming to PS4 until three months later, so I cannot help but be cautious and nitpicky about their announcements now.
Season 2 Coffee GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

ALL OTHER RACES INCLUDING ONLINE RACES

ALL OTHER RACES

ALL OTHER

ALL

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I am almost fully blind in my left eye. Think of it like having very little light in a room and everything is fuzzy. I actually bought PSVR and returned it because if the fact. I also wear glasses and can’t wear contacts so I could only use it without my glasses losing clarity with my decent eye as well.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I am almost fully blind in my left eye. Think of it like having very little light in a room and everything is fuzzy. I actually bought PSVR and returned it because if the fact. I also wear glasses and can’t wear contacts so I could only use it without my glasses losing clarity with my decent eye as well.
You can use PSVR and PSSVR2 with glasses.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
You can use PSVR and PSSVR2 with glasses.
My glasses wouldn’t fit in the psvr properly, the headset pushed them against the bridge of my nose too hard and my lenses pushed against the vr lenses and put minor scratches on the vr lenses as well. If the psvr2 headset has a little more space in there I’ll probably give it a shot.
To add, I did have bumpers for my glasses so they would touch the car lenses but that pushed the headset way too far from my head and too much light came in

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
My glasses wouldn’t fit in the psvr properly, the headset pushed them against the bridge of my nose too hard and my lenses pushed against the vr lenses and put minor scratches on the vr lenses as well. If the psvr2 headset has a little more space in there I’ll probably give it a shot.
Ah, fair enough. You might be able to order some glasses stick soon guards like I did for PSVR. You can get them fairly cheap from eBay, Etsy, etc. I don't wear glasses very often, but they work great for when I do.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Ah, fair enough. You might be able to order some glasses stick soon guards like I did for PSVR. You can get them fairly cheap from eBay, Etsy, etc. I don't wear glasses very often, but they work great for when I do.
I actually edited my post a second ago before I realized you responded lol. I did try the bumpers but it pushed the headset too far away for me and allowed a lot of light in. I’m reading the vr2 is much more accommodating to glasses wearers though. Maybe I will check it out

scydrex

Full GT7 excluding 2 split screen does it for me. Yesterday almost pre-ordered a PSVR2 but can't afford to spend that money right now.

Last edited:

Madjako

I didn't played RE Village waiting for PSVR2.
I played previous RE on PSVR and I'm still scared of it.
That lunch with the family is one of my most impressive moments of all time on video games, and I'm very old !!!

Top Bottom