• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualshock 4 in action

xJavonta

Banned
That's the devkit version of the controller. Doesn't look like the final version.

The Dpad on this is more like the Vita's.

I hope so. The lightbar looks cheap here.

Don't get me wrong, I love my TRON ELECTRONICs, but this lightbar just didn't look that tuned. I imagined it looking more like Phillips Amberlight or Alienware FX.

I guess we will see the finished version at e3?

I'm looking forward to seeing how different the retail controller looks to the prototype we saw, I expect it to just look nicer, and maybe have a few other differences.

Guymelef

These controllers don't look like the DualShock 4 we've seen.

It's the protoype from devkits.
ps4controller-2.jpg

Mogwai

What. The. Fuck. That guy is way too impressed by the LED. He would probably get a heart attack if he played with Kinect or Move.

ActionMan

That's one enthusiastic tester. The best kind to film.
The gamepad looks like a good evolution of DS3 with some non intrusive additional features. I like it.

Controller looks very comfortable, especially compared to the previous DualShock controllers.
But that guy in the video... I mean it's just a light.

Enco

Why are the joysticks shaped like the 360 ones?

The PS3 joysticks are so much more comfortable.

Can you actually see the light when holding the controller? It looks recessed like you couldn't see it from the top.

Unless you see the glow being reflected or directly looking at it then I don't think you'll see what color it is. I think the bigger reasons the lightbar is on the controller is one, for the PS4 Eye if devs want to use it in games and two, for the console in a more friendly way show who's who in multiplayer games on the same tv. The color effects like say green for maximum health, yellow when your getting lower and red for low health is just an added bonus.

CDV13

Unless you see the glow being reflected or directly looking at it then I don't think you'll see what color it is. I think the bigger reasons the lightbar is on the controller is one, for the PS4 Eye if devs want to use it in games and two, for the console in a more friendly way show who's who in multiplayer games on the same tv. The color effects like say green for maximum health, yellow when your getting lower and red for low health is just an added bonus.

This is what I was thinking as well. Kind of cool to use the light, but people probably will not be holding the controller in the odd fashion needed to see it.

TrutaS

That guy sure is overly excited. So much so that the actual features feel like a gimmick. The touchscreen part however seems to work very well I can see that getting used in meaningful gameplay scenarios.

Top Bottom