• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Micheal J. Fox show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

Trailer isn't playing on my phone, but I like MJF and Betsy Brandt, so I think I'm in for this one regardless. Gotta fill the cesspit that The Office left behind, and maybe this will be good for a season or two.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
That actually looked pretty damn funny. Huge props for being able to poke fun at himself and his condition.

DJ_Lae

I laughed a few times during the trailer, looks like it will be worth a watch.

Love that he has such a great sense of humour about himself.

Oh lawd...Spin City 2, and even less PC this time. This will be the show that makes me use my TV for something other than games

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lol at the chair scene :D

Looks funny and warm. Will watch. Good to see the guy back on screen.

Maybe I've been missing some shows, but this there is a void of non-cynical everything sucks all the time shows. Hope this keeps away from that shit and keeps it warm.

Maximus.

Looks hilarious and I am happy to see him have another chance to shine on TV! Its cool that hes okay with them using his disability as a pinnacle point of the story.

I gotta say, the trailer made me laugh quite a lot. Especially of course the chair bit and the ride in the news van amongst others, will watch.

Not bad, the Parkinson's jokes are like a toned down version of what he did on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Usually people with chronic conditions will say jokes that can not play well with the normal crowd. We get a hoot out of them, because honestly humor is sometimes the only way you can get through something that terrible, but the regular population feels "odd" laughing at those kinds of jokes even though we say them and welcome the laughter. So being on a network they have to make them more accessible. If this gets popular and people are more open to the humor I hope the jokes can get a bit more "not toned down" in terms of taking the piss out of something so horrible as Parkinson's.

I loved the "It's not time for a personal victory" line. I'm really excited for this show.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
sorry for the bump, but this deserves it.

major props to the man for making the best out of a shitty situation.

inspirational stuff!

edit: thread title should be changed to make it more clear he's returning.

DMczaf

Looks a lot better than I thought it would be. MJF is back in my life!

Time to go watch Greed or Doc Hollywood.

Aiii

So not worth it
Looking forward to this, trailer was very enjoyable. If the show lives up to that NBC could have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom