• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Tretton with the most epic mic drop in the history of E3

Menelaus

Banned
iLFFqpZxPbqPs.gif

Wish we could have seen Dorito Pope's reaction, but, you know, glaucoma.

RkOwnage

Look at DoritoPope sitting in the shade with his sunglasses on, cuz you know, he's legit. My dislike for that dude grows every day...

That was an epic toss though.

jred2k

You can tell Geoff has been trying to create gif moments all day. He really wants a gif of him and Miyamoto pretending to be cats.

Brinbe

lol, watched it live. Geoff was the one who handed him the mic to toss. Jack was confused and it comes across smoother in the GIF. Knew it was gonna be gif'd though, too good.

The context is above. For those whose first language may not be English, here is what Urban Dictionary has to say:

Drop The Mic

A phrase describing the action performed after getting the better of someone.
Calling someone out so hard that you just walk away indisputably victorious (See 8 Mile)

demolitio

Geoff said something later about the microphone falling off of the platform, but I'm not sure if he was kidding or not.

Yea, I heard it landed on poor Don Mattrick as he passed by the building to head back to the local bar. He's taking beatings of all sorts...

Top Bottom