• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is using SUPER Region Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ape2man

If you do not live in these countries your fucked.

the one from fok ;)
130612_38849_Z0UBmHr.png

original
Z0UBmHr.png

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
"My name, by the way, is Microsoft but you can call me Microsoft the User Rights Killer. Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think? FOK YOU!"

Isn't region locking per country in Europe illegal ? The European open market is designed so that products will work everywhere, no matter where they are bought, but the Xbone restricts this.

sakipon

Isn't region locking per country in Europe illegal ? The European open market is designed so that products will work everywhere, no matter where they are bought, but the Xbone restricts this.

I don't have quotes on hand but yes, basically it is illegal within EU countries atleast, not necessarily the whole Europe. Companies cannot create more region locked areas within EU. Though that stuff is different for digital stores, which Xbox One can be argued to be...

LTWheels

Yes and no. It's a free common market as in they can't stop a consumer importing it from another country. At the same time MS are not tequired to sell ot in every EU member state. Whether or not it has to work is a different question. I expect you could probably just link your account to another EU country and access the online store that way if you import.

Sye d'Burns

It's interesting to me that while the Netherlands is not in line to be fokked, they stand in solidarity with those that are soon to be receiving a good fokking over.

JWong

Banned
Those rich middle-east countries won't be able to play it even if they spend millions for an imported Xbone.

Well, I just moved my account to my home country because XBOX Live started supporting us about half a year ago.

And still only 10% of market content is available.

Now it's not supported for Xbox One. It will probably be supported in 5 years with 10% of content.

Wonders of living in the 3rd world.

MS, I stuck with you guys for a decade, since I got my XBOX 1 in 2003.

You can all fuck off and go home now.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Shit, the regions have all gone Super Region-Locked!
How will the underdog region-free regions respond?

IHaveIce

Banned
Why is Florida grey in the world map?

Also people have to read more it is the same as right now( still weird that some big countries are missing) You can still connect and play in Japan with having an US account with US Gold

Jimca2

Neo Member
Irrelevant since i'm not getting one, but this console is despicable. Microsoft is the hardware equalient of EA.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also people have to read more it is the same as right now( still weird that some big countries are missing) You can still connect and play in Japan with having an US account with US Gold

You'd need to use a US VPN for this to work:

It works now on 360 but you can't make any purchases or activations without using a VPN if the content is not specific to your region. It's the same as it is now, it works in non supported regions sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom