• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: No load times & 36 different endings

Pulled some of the more interesting answers from the interview, there's more at the link:

Via: http://www.onlysp.com/exclusive-interview-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-have-36-different-endings-no-load-times-and-more/

Q: Firstly, the loading times… how prevalent will those be? Do you have any idea how long they’ll be and how often you’ll encounter them?

A: Thanks to new technology on RedEngine3, we were actually able to create a world without loading screens as you travel across the world. This should answer your question. *laughs*

Q: Did you get the previous games’ voice actors back to reprise their roles?

A: Yes, of course. The actors are very important for us, since we want to have a feeling of continuity for the story between games, and that includes voices. So yes, in many cases we’re working with the same actors.

Q: In terms of the save system, will you a retain a quicksave or ‘save anywhere you want’ feature, or is it checkpoint-based? I imagine you’re going with the former.

A: Oh my God. This is actually a difficult question. I’m not sure if we made a decision on this…

*turns to another developer across the room and asks him*

Yeah, so basically, you’ll be able to save your game whenever you want to.

Q: In terms of fast-travelling, you can only do that once you’ve visited a place, right? You can’t just warp to anywhere you want right off the bat.

A: Sure. That’s our target. We want to force people to actually explore and visit those places in a conventional way before they can fast-travel there.

Q: On that note, will there be multiple endings?

A: Yes, sure. We’re having around 36 endings, as far as I remember. These affect the state that you will leave the world in after your playthrough.

Q: I think that about wraps it up. One last question: You can ride horses of course, but are there other animals you can ride? I’m guessing you can’t tame monsters and ride those? *laughs*

A: No, no. It’s not that kind of game. I think we have a very defined setting, and Geralt always used a horse in the books. So, that’s all he can use in The Witcher 3. You can’t ride different animals.

deuce985

Banned
That's cool but I doubt 36 endings is anything but minor differences from the others. Regardless, one of my anticipated games of 2014.

reKon

Banned
I'm gong to have to end up choosing 2 or so rpga this next gen as they take up too much time to play that I don't have... Could this be one of them?

Everytime I read a little more about this it reminds me how badly I need to finish w2... It was always a game I really got into and then something came up and I had to take a break.

The more I hear the more excited I get which is impressive just based on how great w2 has been. I wonder if they can really top how well w2 ended up going for them?

Elsolar

Any load times for going indoors??

In TW2, the loading for indoor/outdoor areas was hidden by the animation for opening the door. I expect TW3 to work in a similar fashion, maybe with some kind of "bird's eye view" thing during fast travel to hide the loading. Because there's going to be loading. There's always loading.

Thirty six seems kind of high. Probably including things like; Good ending with X alive and Y dead, good ending with Y alive and X dead. Even so, every time we get more news about this game I get more and more hyped!

Q: In terms of fast-travelling, you can only do that once you’ve visited a place, right? You can’t just warp to anywhere you want right off the bat.
:lol what kind of a question was this? Of course you have to explore, that's the best part. Who would want to be able to just tele anywhere on the map from the beginning...

Hypron

Thirty six seems kind of high. Probably including things like; Good ending with X alive and Y dead, good ending with Y alive and X dead. Even so, every time we get more news about this game I get more and more hyped!

You can be sure there won't be a "good" and a "bad" ending though.

ctothej

Is there any chance Witcher 1 + 2 will come to next gen consoles? Everything I've heard about this series sounds awesome and I'd hate to start with the last game in the trilogy.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Witcher 3 looks to be leaps better than Witcher 2. I heard that various different weather dynamics will affect how you do out on the seas. Because you can take a boat to other locations. Apparently if you just sit there, you will die out on the sea. Either by weather elements, crashing into other ships, or you drown.

I'm not a huge person on collector's editions. But I did get the one for the sequel. I would for W3. It looks awesome. Fantastic. And no way in hell should this be played on console. I wouldn't think twice about playing it on console.

rodan

Neo Member
I wonder that as well "no load times when you travel across the world" could kind of mean both

No load times for indoors would be a serious game changer for me on open world.

Loved skyrim, but going in and out of buildings to craft, trade, store etc drove me nuts.

36 legit endings or is it like Fallout 3 with "200 endings". Either way, I'm in.
Fallout endings. Witcher 2 had 16 "endings" that were different combinations of 4 major branching decisions along the way.

They have said before that Witcher 3 will have 3 different playable epilogues as a result of those different choices though. And the 36 end states don't include all the smaller world differences created by side quests.

Feindflug

Witcher 2 was a great game and this one sounds better and better as we learn more about it, game sounds amazing so far.

Top Bottom