• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS system update incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Agreed. Maybe also remove the 10 play coins per day limit as well. When I go into town or whatever and I know I'll get more steps in, I change the date so I can earn more coins for walkin' around.

serplux

I BLAME NINTENDO OF AMERICA EVEN IF THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

why do you need to delay everything good

cut that out

See, I don't get why NoE is faster than NoA in many aspects when Nintendo has typically treated Europe as their least important market.

Btw, your posting style always amuses me. :D

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My 3DS is updating now. I had to go to system settings to do it manually.

...and mine. The race is on!

EDIT:

Seems like a decent sized update. Allegedly adds new Mii Plaza features, but should know in a couple of minutes...

Updating in the other thread, but:

Got it.

Yup - Mii Plaza makeover. Hold on...

Being prompted to play with all my guests before I see the "makeover". New icon in the plaza for the update. Updating now... taking a wee while.

EDIT:

OK, we're done. New features:

• Two kinds of games in a "bigger" Mii Plaza - ones you've already, plus ones to purchase!
  • We've now got a Shop, and Exchange Booth, a Check for Updates button and a new Play icon, along with a new second screen menu.
  • New games - Streetpass Squad, Streetpass Garden, Streetpass Battle, Streetpass Mansion.
  • New game selection section.
  • Games are bought with real money, as in eShop purchases.
  • Streetpass Squad is like Streetpass Quest. Takes place in space. Battle the Gold Bone Gang. Costs £4.49.
  • Streetpass Garden. You move in to a house in Leafington and try to become a Master Gardener, under the tutelage of Mr Mendel. Grow flowers and decorate your garden. Costs £4.49.
  • Streetpass Battle. Game of strategy and luck. Rule a remote country in a wartorn land. Your butler, Wentworth, helps you build an army via Streetpass to battle other generals. Ultimate goal to conquer the world! Costs £4.49.
  • Streetpass Mansion. Spooky paranormal investigation. You're a detective trying to solve the mystery of a haunted house, helped by your assistant Ella Mentree. You work to uncover truth with the help of people you meet inside. Battle enemies to reach the top floor. Costs £4.49.
  • Exchange booth is locked. Clicking on it doesn't do anything yet.
  • No Xenoblade puzzle for me, but I did get a Skyward Sword one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not noticing anything different with the Mii Plaza. I guess US doesn't have the new icon & stuff.

Seth

Got it.

Yup - Mii Plaza makeover. Hold on...

Being prompted to play with all my guests before I see the "makeover". New icon in the plaza for the update. Updating now... taking a wee while.

EDIT:

OK, we're done. New features:

• Two kinds of games in a "bigger" Mii Plaza - ones you've already, plus ones to purchase!

Are you in EU? I am not seeing this.

I don't mess around with Mii Plaza stuff much, but was there always an NES Mario Hat? Did the update on my JP 3DS and just received one.

Domstercool

update1lljbm.jpg

Something going on. O

Seth

Well then. I am in the US and confirm that there was an update but there are not any noticeable changes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't mess around with Mii Plaza stuff much, but was there always an NES Mario Hat? Did the update on my JP 3DS and just received one.
I had one on an Nintendo employee SpotPass Mii for about a year now.

....I want it so bad. & a SNES hat would be awesome.

Capndrake

When I go to the shop and select one of the new games, Mii Plaza crashes for me. Anybody else having the same issue?

Also, Xenoblade puzzle's been added too!

watershed

Banned
Nice update! A surprise as well as Nintendo never even teased this. Too bad AC is so time consuming I don't have time for any of these new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom