• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS4 Games to be announced at Gamescom

Chamber

love on your sleeve
THE LAST GUARDIAN OHMYGROD

imvdeu92XbWJe.gif

chadskin

It is VERY likely that Sony held back on games after Microsoft shot themselves with their price.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will focus on Kinect games at gamescom, much like Sony will focus on Move.
To add: gamescom is a convention open for the general public and those motion gaming technologies are best experienced in person by potential customers.

I'm going to guess Media Molecule's new game.

This has to happen.

If they go 3D, Project Spark was an example of how Mm could make their Play.Create.Share even bigger and better.

I would love a 3D Sackboy Platform Adventure game more than anything.

Kyoufu

Gamescom usually gets one big reveal (PS3 Slim,Tearaway...) but don't expect much to be announced.

Last year we got some good stuff. Tearaway, Puppeteer and Rain.

More please.

There was a poster in the Sony E3 hype thread that said that Guerrilla Games would unveil their new IP at gamescom.

That'd be great, but something tells me they're just going to focus on Killzone until it's released. :|

You didn't.

Well I did...

There will be more games.

Here's Jim Ryan on GameReactorTV (by the way, a woefully underrepresented channel/site on GAF. This guy who interviews is actually really great and always hits the exact right note between softball and hardball to get what interesting information.

Anyway... There'll be more games spread throughout the year.

We learn about most of Sony's games 1.5-2 years in advance of release.

In which case there is 20 we have yet to learn about.

Whether or not I was first is another matter. :p

Ricky_R

Sony really has some great speakers across the board. Is there a Sony representative right now who messes up a lot or who seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about?

Thorgal

Sony decided to focus on the indi's , a few trailers ,and the no DRM message at E3 so with that out of the way they can put the spotlight squarely on their first party titles this time .

syko de4d

Gamescom will be super full. It´s always extremly full of people but this year...

I believe i read 1-2months ago that they already sold two times more tickets compared to other gamescoms at the same time.

zeopower6

Sony really has some great speakers across the board. Is there a Sony representative right now who messes up a lot or who seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about?

I think the Sony Entertainment (movies/music/etc) guy during the conference was kind of super nervous and messing up quite a bit, but that was about it, I think.

There was a poster in the Sony E3 hype thread that said that Guerrilla Games would unveil their new IP at gamescom.

IIRC, Verendus mentioned something about that? But he mentioned it was going to be at E3, which it wasn't.

DiscoJer

Here's hoping Vita also gets the same attention it did last year.

Didn't it get like one game announced? Tearaway?

I know they showed footage of Killzone and COD, but I think Tearaway was the only announcement.

I expect we'll see the Sony Bend game announced.

chadskin

I can't see Sony focusing on Move that much.

If they do, it will only be a small segment.

Until Dawn and LBP 3 could both be games that'll be compatible and *Sony PR* much more fun with */Sony PR* Move. In fact, most Move games in the past came out of SCEE so gamescom would be an ideal place to showcase them. And like I added to the post later, gamescom is open to the general public. Might be nice for the devs to see how people actually react to their games.

Also, neither Microsoft nor Sony said much about their respective motion gaming stuff, both in terms of hardware and software.

Top Bottom