• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Full Throttle, one of LucasArts' best adventures, coming to GOG/Steam

From FleshEatingZipper, the people who first broke that System Shock 2 was being re-released.

LucasArts may be dead, but it still has a massive library of games that are simply sitting on a shelf being unmonetized and unadapted to new computers everywhere. What a lost opportunity! Well, it looks like Night Dive Studios, the guys behind the recent System Shock 2 resurrection (which we told you about!) are at it again with a tease for a Full Throttle port!

It’s not much of a teaser, but the studio’s page has been littered with LucasArts appreciation before. These guys came out of nowhere to negotiate port duties for System Shock 2, which is being held by an insurance company (at last mention), which net them dollars for the relatively cheap price of making sure the game works on newer machines. With LucasArts’ vault now unattended, it seems much easier to negotiate terms. Hmmmm, well, we’ll keep our eyes open! Full Throttle is my favorite Tim Schafer game and playing it again would be priority one if it sees the light of day again.

I’ve reached out to Night Dive for comment.

Tampinha

Fuck, i just can't take it anymore.Every time gog has a new announcement, i wait for Lucasarts.Let's just get done with this.

Crayons

Banned
Never heard of it but if people say it's good I'll check it out when it comes to GOG.

Wasn't even born when this game came out.

Mupod

i7wPgfKUvH0vX.gif

Grayman

Will buy it just to have an extra copy around and hopes of getting grim that I have never played and DOTT that I can't find the cd for. Some of my favourite games are lucas arts 90s adventures.

Dylan

I really don't think this one will hold up very well. Anyone who has played it recently feel free to confirm/deny.

Grayman

I really don't think this one will hold up very well. Anyone who has played it recently feel free to confirm/deny.

I played through about half of it in one setting a year ago. The only potential area I see a problem are the "mini games" that weren't so hot even in 1995.

How recently? I played it for the first time about 3-4 years ago and I loved it, and I don't even like adventure games all that much.

I have a disc copy of this, but I'll probably double dip anyway.

Please be true. I can't find a copy in my country and it's kind of expensive to import one.

I'll love you forever GOG. Do it.

mclem

It's always struck me as something of a black sheep among Lucasarts' adventures. I really don't like the linearity of it, but the storytelling is top-notch, and that's kinda aided by the linearity, so it's not without its benefits.

Actually... it's sort of the adventure equivalent of CoD. I think that's not too bad a way of looking at it. Full of awesome setpieces and nuggets of adventuring gameplay, but lacking the breadth of player agency of a Broken Sword or a Day of the Tentacle.

Vecks

Amazing if true. It's good to see some more old games returning to the market after all these years of being forgotten.

Parallacs

As much as I love Lucas Arts games and adventure games in particular, I feel I must warn everyone:

Full Throttle is ridiculously short to a fault. The game lasts about three hours unless you get stuck somewhere.

Still a great game though.

Omikaru

Full Throttle is awesome, and I can't wait for it to be DRM free available to purchase new once again.

However, Grim Fandango is the grand prize. That is, without a doubt, one of the finest adventure games ever made. It is easily Tim Schafer's best work, and he has made some outstanding games in his time (FT and Psychonauts to name two).

Whoever finds a way to bring Grim into 2013 has all of my money. Or at least however much they want to sell it for...

mantidor

I would faint and die.

And buy at least three copies for my friends, and since I never played Grim Fandango, I would grab that game too.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
fingers crossed for some good news with this being true! LOVED that game and was sad they never made a second one.

GhaleonQ

Please, throw in my face the fact that my avatar is included in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5G2YHOw3XI#t=3h59m50s, but didn't anyone find this game super cheesy?

It's the game that turned me against LucasArts. I totally didn't understand the comics it was referencing, so it seemed like there was a huge clash between the silly aesthetics and grim-to-the-point-of-laughable dialogue/situations.

Plus, it's super-short and the puzzles were even easier than typical LucasArts puzzles (pretty well-designed, though).

Even if you liked it, did anyone hear have to get over its 2000 A.D. cheese?

ON-TOPIC, I am happy whenever old games are made more easily playable, so it's still good news.

TheBear

I got stuck at the part where you had to kick the wall or some stupid shit. That must've been over 15 years ago? Look forward to having another crack at it

There was one in the works, but it got into development hell, the guy who played Ben died, and it was ultimately cancelled.

Two in the works. First a proper adventure game followup, then a shitty looking 3D beat 'em up thing.

I wouldn't want a sequel today, even if it was headed up by the Schafe himself, simply out of respect for Conrad.

Oh man please please please.

I never played this when it came out (aside from the demo, which I loved - I was a broke 12 year old at the time), but I would love to go back to it now.

Hopefully it'd be the start of a GOG/LucasArts flood of releases!

oface.jpg

Top Bottom