• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for GameCube?

Socreges

Banned
Transcend your Sony fanboyism and be happy that the series now has such a wide reach, Solid.

Anyway, seems silly that it took so long. WE6FE was released on the GC, but sold poorly since there weren't many Jpn GC owners that were also soccer fans. It should do better in Europe, though at this stage it almost seems pointless.

Then again, it could be a mistake, but one that Gamespot would make?

Tyrael

Solid said:
nope

BUY A PS2/XDUDE

I already have, so I can choose to buy the better version and don't have to make childish trolls to be better with myself.

Back on topic, I would buy PES5 for Cube if the loading times are faster. Since the controls of the game are more simple now (to suit the PSP version) it should not be a problem to be played on the Cube controler.

NWO

I'm not sure if that's true or not but the other day I saw that they were bringing Lego Star Wars to the Gamecube after not releasing it for the system months ago so maybe it will eventually come to the Cube. I just wouldn't hold your breath for it.

Mihail

Banned
HOW DO I PLAY PAL GAMES ON MY NTSC QUUUUB??! I'm so poor, man, I don't think I can even scrape up enough for a freeloader.

bigNman

I really hope its true. I imported WE6FE and its my most played game. The analogue stick on the gamecube pad is really suited to it.

edit : I just pre ordered it. I will live in hope until I get an email saying "sorry this game is no longer coming to gamecube"

Someone should get onto Konami or Nintendo of Europe after the bank holiday weekend. With game having a listings page complete with screens and pre-order option for 21st of October, I'm extremely hopeful. Man, it'd be a nice surprise.

123rl

It's a very nice surprise. WE6:FE on the GC is my favourite of the series. The Xbox version is good but the controls let it down a bit, IMO

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
I don't think it will be a good idea. It sold like shit on the Gamecube in Japan and last I checked FIFA usually does nothing on the Gamecube in Europe, accouting for some rediculously low percent of overall sales...

Tyrael

Mihail said:
HOW DO I PLAY PAL GAMES ON MY NTSC QUUUUB??! I'm so poor, man, I don't think I can even scrape up enough for a freeloader.

If the Freeloader is not a option for you, then you can make a switch in the Cube to change the region of the console. Some say it´s very simple, I know some friends who made this switch.

Or you can install a modchip on the console and run games from any region. I modded my Cube and it´s work better then using the Freeloader, but it´s the most expensive solution.

Juno said:
I don't think it will be a good idea. It sold like shit on the Gamecube in Japan and last I checked FIFA usually does nothing on the Gamecube in Europe, accouting for some rediculously low percent of overall sales...

Well guess why???the PS2 version was already in the market for god knows how long.....besides here in Europe it might get good sales in germany and france.........Anyway I actually liked the we6 fe for gamecube, it was "different" and had a different feel probably because of the controller but it still worked well for the GC pad.....and it seemed to run without any slow downs.....
Still i expect to get the ps2 or pc version of pes5....

Mihail

Banned
Tyrael said:
If the Freeloader is not a option for you, then you can make a switch in the Cube to change the region of the console. Some say it´s very simple, I know some friends who made this switch.

Or you can install a modchip on the console and run games from any region. I modded my Cube and it´s work better then using the Freeloader, but it´s the most expensive solution.

I already modded with a switch for Japanese games... but I thought that you can't do that with PAL (I'm not much into modding, in case you couldn't tell).

123rl

You can't mod a console to play PAL games unless you use a modchip. I think they're called Viper. The usual modswitch mod is only for JPN/US games

Mihail said:
I already modded with a switch for Japanese games... but I thought that you can't do that with PAL (I'm not much into modding, in case you couldn't tell).

Viper can do this, I know this because I have one :p, also I don't expect a worldwide release because MS paid alot of money for the license but I don't see nintendo cashing out for a 'dead' console.

bigNman

Today I got the inevitable email :(

Thank you for your order.
Unfortunately, due to supply issues, we will not be able to stock this product and we will therefore be unable to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled. No money has been taken from your account for this item.
Please accept our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.

God damnit!

I'd buy it if true...

I hate it when I switch all the cables and shit just to play WE.. PS2 = WE only when it comes to multi-player

If it was coming they would have announced it at games convention with the other console versions.

People believed it was coming to gamecube? :lol

Top Bottom