• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone seems to be stable again. Good lord, just let me hold out until the next good phone releases, shit!

Anyway, what is everyone thinking about this LG G Flex? Here is a video showing how much give it has. Pretty impressive I'd say, though it's not very practical I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIRaaWeFdaY

I get that LG are trying to solve the problem of breakable phones and should be commended for that - but aren't the specs disappointing compared with other phones at the same price point? Makes me think either the technology is super expensive or isn't mature just yet. (Specifically the screen - 720p at 6 inches)

Talon

FFS, Sony.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is due to go on sale in the UK and wider Europe in the middle of February, but Sony hasn't yet stated if it will make its way to the US. It also hasn't said how much it will be, but did suggest that its similar specs to the Z1 indicates a similar price -- expect it to be somewhere between £400 and £450.

Just ordered our son his first phone, a Moto X. Was planning on logging into it with my Google account so that he would have access to some of the apps/games I've purchased, keeping in mind that I'll remove my Gmail/Chrome sync.

Anything I should keep in mind if I do this? All my contacts would show up on his phone, wouldn't they? :-/

Mindwipe

Just ordered our son his first phone, a Moto X. Was planning on logging into it with my Google account so that he would have access to some of the apps/games I've purchased, keeping in mind that I'll remove my Gmail/Chrome sync.

Anything I should keep in mind if I do this? All my contacts would show up on his phone, wouldn't they? :-/

You can turn off contact sync in the sync settings.

multiple accounts!!! you should make him his own google account for syncing stuff and then log into just the play store with your account.

Guys, do you think ladies are going to love this Wiz, too?

nQPYx14.jpg

Evleaks has heard the same rumour as me. They say the H1 Xperia flagship will be on Verizon. That would be in addition to T-Mobile. Made the thread already.

Maybe there is some merit to it after all...

Talon

Evleaks has heard the same rumour as me. They say the H1 Xperia flagship will be on Verizon. That would be in addition to T-Mobile. Made the thread already.

Maybe there is some merit to it after all...
The Sony smartphone GAFers are about as rabid as Windows Phone GAFers.

Take that as you will.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I actually like the first two screens. Their font looks terrible in the icon labels though, and that wallpaper isn't doing any favors.

Pretty much. I think the middle one seems a lot like flipboard+google cards+social feed. Which is where I imagine google cards might go in the future. And the lock screen has a widget based on activity.

I don't see where the outrage is coming from. I would wait til we see more details.

It looks exactly the same as current Touchwiz except they changed the icons. Also, what's with Samsung and ugly ass extra large, rectangular widget? Looks about as bad as the nasty weather widget that they throw on their phones by default.

Groof

I would take those with a grain of salt. They could be fake.

If I owned a Samsung device or was planning to I'd fucking hope they're fake. It looks absolutely atrocious, no sense of design whatsoever. It's like they tried to give their own twist on iOS 7 and smang it together with their old fugly mess of a UX.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Do you have flash installed on 4.4.2.

Isn't the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition a better tablet (albeit not better value for money)? I'd take it over the Nexus 10 if only for the hardware buttons; there is no goddam justification for a 10" tablet to have software buttons like the Nexus 10 does imo.

No flash installed. And didn't the Note 10 2014 literally just get announced? It's not stock, though, so it's dead to me.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That skin looks better than the current Wiz. At least Comic Sans doesn't look like it'd be right at home on those.

styl3s

So i have very little knowledge of droid devices but i do know the phone i am getting today will be a droid but i can't figure out which one would be the better buy. The LG G2 or the HTC One. I am heading over T-Mobile later and being completely oblivious to all things related to phones i have no idea what one is better and why. I know the G2 has the better camera and apparently it's one of the best cameras on a phone (or so i hear) which is a huge plus in my book.

So i have very little knowledge of droid devices but i do know the phone i am getting today will be a droid but i can't figure out which one would be the better buy. The LG G2 or the HTC One. I am heading over T-Mobile later and being completely oblivious to all things related to phones i have no idea what one is better and why. I know the G2 has the better camera and apparently it's one of the best cameras on a phone (or so i hear) which is a huge plus in my book.

only Verizon has the droid.

styl3s

only Verizon has the droid.
droid as in android phones... Thought was kind of obvious with LG G2 and HTC One being Mentioned and Verizon isn't the only carrier with those phones.

You couldn't pay me to be on Verizon, or ATT or Sprint. I was asking opinions on both LG G2/HTC One because those are my 2 top choices from T-Mobile, i have 0 interest in owning another iphone and i had a horrible experience with the Galaxy S3 but most of those problems came from the shitty Sprint service.

droid as in android phones... Thought was kind of obvious with LG G2 and HTC One being Mentioned and Verizon isn't the only carrier with those phones.

You couldn't pay me to be on Verizon, or ATT or Sprint. I was asking opinions on both LG G2/HTC One because those are my 2 top choices from T-Mobile, i have 0 interest in owning another iphone and i had a horrible experience with the Galaxy S3 but most of those problems came from the shitty Sprint service.

droid is a specific subset of Android phones that Verizon offers.

between those two devices you're considering, LG G2.

the only thing better about the HTC One is BOOMSOUND! some people will also add 'metal' to that, but not me, not when the actual build quality is so bad.

Nicktendo86

If I owned a Samsung device or was planning to I'd fucking hope they're fake. It looks absolutely atrocious, no sense of design whatsoever. It's like they tried to give their own twist on iOS 7 and smang it together with their old fugly mess of a UX.
Thank you, you have just put your finger on what those shots reminded me of. Samsung'd ios7 *shudders*

for you 4:3 tablet lovers

BLU Life View TAB

4G HSPA+
8.0" IPS HD Display
Quad-Core 1.2 GHz CPU
Dual 5.0MP cameras
16GB Internal Memory
1GB RAM
8.9mm (Aluminum!)
850/1900/2100 or 850/1700/1900
$199.00

The Life View Tab will be shipping before the end of January in both Steel Blue and White colors

waypoetic

Banned
The Sony Xperia Z1, would you guys recommend it? I read a rumour about a Z1s but the site didn't gave any info on release, price etc, but i'm wondering if the Z1 is even worth thinking about; with the possibility that it might be somewhat outdated a few months from now.

Thing is, i'm looking for a new phone and it's between the iPhone 5s ooor something else. A part of me is a bit tired of having owned an iPhone for over 4 years (3GS > 4S on contract) and the Xperia Z1 looks like a great phone but at the same time: i love me some iOS.

Doopliss

BLU Life View TAB

4G HSPA+
8.0" IPS HD Display
Quad-Core 1.2 GHz CPU
Dual 5.0MP cameras
16GB Internal Memory
1GB RAM
8.9mm (Aluminum!)
$199.00

The Life View Tab will be shipping before the end of January in both Steel Blue and White colors
They "forgot" to say what "HD" resolution it's going to be. It's 1024x768, isn't it?

The Sony Xperia Z1, would you guys recommend it? I read a rumour about a Z1s but the site didn't gave any info on release, price etc, but i'm wondering if the Z1 is even worth thinking about; with the possibility that it might be somewhat outdated a few months from now.

Thing is, i'm looking for a new phone and it's between the iPhone 5s ooor something else. A part of me is a bit tired of having owned an iPhone for over 4 years (3GS > 4S on contract) and the Xperia Z1 looks like a great phone but at the same time: i love me some iOS.

Supposed to come out on T-Mobile on January 22nd I believe.

Groof

BLU Life View TAB

4G HSPA+
8.0" IPS HD Display
Quad-Core 1.2 GHz CPU
Dual 5.0MP cameras
16GB Internal Memory
1GB RAM
8.9mm (Aluminum!)
$199.00

Did they mention if it's KitKat? Otherwise, that 1GB of RAM...

http://llabtoofer.com/2014/01/07/htc-m8-all-in-one-information/

Don't know how reputable this source is but if the HTC One successor is sticking with the subpar 4 Ultra-pixel camera, I'm out. The phrase "still good for a mobile phone" shouldn't exist anymore with how excellent pictures are on the LG G2 and the Note 3.

I'd still go with it if all of the other specs are as rumored, but then again, I don't really use my phone cam too much. I'd probably feel differently if I did.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just wondering, but has Google started to integrate Waze traffic mapping technology into regular Google Maps?

I ask because I'm starting to see live traffic data on small residential streets which I would never see before. It's pretty cool actually.

I would try it in a store first cause the Z1 is huge, even for a 5" phone. My friend has one and it even feels substantially bigger than my Nexus 5.

Framily plan?

Sprint trolling their owner?

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rel...-the-new-sprint-framily-plan.htm?view_id=7008

The Sprint Framily Plan is available to new and existing customers. The more people added to the group, up to 10 phone lines, the greater the savings for everyone on the plan. Because each account can be billed separately, customers can choose who is in their group.

For one line of service, new Sprint customers pay $55 per month per line for unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data. For each additional new Sprint customer that joins the Framily group, the cost per person goes down $5 a month up to a maximum monthly discount of $30 per line. Build a group of at least seven people and everyone gets unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data for $25 per month per line (pricing excludes taxes and surcharges).

All members of the group can customize their plan to meet their unique needs. For only $20 per month per line, Framily members can buy up to unlimited data plus get a new phone every year. Plan members can share the savings, without the hassle of sharing a bill. Each account can be billed separately. Unlimited features are while on the Sprint network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom