• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9/11 -- I forgot. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
B00009WVSL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
same nearly. but george bush reminded me.

calder

I forgot until a baseball game started and I had to mute the TV after the 10th straight minute of haltingly simplistic remembrances from well-meaning but dim pro athletes.

Full marks to Mike Piazza for nailing pretty much every single Bush Administration talking point of the last 4 years though, including directly linking the 9/11 terrorists to Iraq. I was a bit let down that he didn't mention yellow cake or denigrate Hans Blix, but he only had 3 minutes.

MIMIC

Banned
Seriously, I didn't remember that "9/11" was coming up until yesterday when they said it on the radio after they announced some Red Cross stuff for Hurricane Katrina..."Don't forget that the 4th anniversary of the 9/11 attack is tomorrow..."

I was like, "Oh yeah! That IS tomorrow."

White Man

I hope you're all doing your American duty of jerking off with a thumb up your ass while listening to an album by our next president, Toby Keith.

White Man

Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
Way too much humor in this thread, IMO.

If you were expecting a solemn tribute from a thread titled "9/11 -- I forgot. :(" started by Drinky Crow, then I've got some documents indicating the position of WMDs in Iraq that I'd like to sell you.

FightyF

Banned
Remember 9/11. And how Bush got the memo that an attack would happen but ignored it.

Remember how days after 9/11, when it came to the media's attention, he rebutted the accusations with "I knew that there were going to be hijackings but didn't know they'd use them as weapons".

Remember how the media played along and didn't question why the government didn't at least arrest the 9/11 hijackers before they attacked, or at least start a policy of locking cockpit doors.

Remember how the FBI and CIA were following these hijackers for years and didn't do anything about it...but did at least come to their senses and at least told the President (see the first 'remember' point).

Remember the time when people used to be held accountable for failing to do their job?

Fight for Freeform said:
Remember 9/11. And how Bush got the memo that an attack would happen but ignored it.

Remember how days after 9/11, when it came to the media's attention, he rebutted the accusations with "I knew that there were going to be hijackings but didn't know they'd use them as weapons".

Remember how the media played along and didn't question why the government didn't at least arrest the 9/11 hijackers before they attacked, or at least start a policy of locking cockpit doors.

Remember how the FBI and CIA were following these hijackers for years and didn't do anything about it...but did at least come to their senses and at least told the President (see the first 'remember' point).

Remember the time when people used to be held accountable for failing to do their job?

Remember when there was a strong two party system, in which a one party would be held accountable by the second party having electable leaders running against those who did not represent the people's will.

FightyF

Banned
homerhendrix said:
Remember when there was a strong two party system, in which a one party would be held accountable by the second party having electable leaders running against those who did not represent the people's will.

It's been a long while...but I do remember...vaguely. :)

Fight for Freeform said:
It's been a long while...but I do remember...vaguely. :)

While I was intially pissed about your comment, I've been completely disarmed by this response. :lol

Anyway, having a strong democrat party only serves to strengthen our country. In government, just like business, competition only helps all of us. Though I'm an independent conservative, I'm fuming at some of the decisions of our current leadership; however the democrats seem unable to have anyone that's a realistic choice as an elected leader for much of the country (and please god don't let this be Hilary Clinton). The democrats need someone that can not only pull democrats and liberals, but also folks whose choice can be swayed, but all of their choices lately seem far too polarizing (it could be argued that Karl Rove has swayed public opinion in this matter, but the dems should be able to overcome that also).

Sorry for the rant

Perhaps I forgot in all the frustration over the video codec of Milk Junkies 1 not playing back. So I queued up some Shirow pr0n instead, rubbed one out, and went back to sleep. >:|

Or maybe it's this stupid fucking cold?

The meds?

The alcohol?

OH NOES! I FORGOT HWO TO WAVE FLAG!

FightyF

Banned
Here in Canada there is a two party system but it's a bit too extreme. The opposition cries fowl for EVERY decision the ruling party makes. It's a bit ridiculous...but it's far better than not having an opposing voice.

The Democrats have been useless as an opposing voice to questionable actions taken by the Bush Administration...and as such haven't really proven to be better than the Bush Administration. A lack of opposition means that Bush is doing a great job by their own standards.

Sorry off topic.

Still surprised that Xavier Fox hasn't shown up yet...

Oxymoron

Fight for Freeform said:
Here in Canada there is a two party system but it's a bit too extreme. The opposition cries fowl for EVERY decision the ruling party makes. It's a bit ridiculous...but it's far better than not having an opposing voice.

Liberal + Conservative + Bloc + NDP = 2
?

Deku

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:

The Democrats have been useless as an opposing voice to questionable actions taken by the Bush Administration...and as such haven't really proven to be better than the Bush Administration. A lack of opposition means that Bush is doing a great job by their own standards.

Sorry off topic.

Still surprised that Xavier Fox hasn't shown up yet...

Well, the American electorate had a chance to put Bush in check by electing a democratic Senate and House. They haven't in the last election. You're just seeing the result of majority rule, much in the same way the liberals here in Canada can do whatever they please when they had a majority.

I suspect either the senate or the house will swing back to the democrats in the mid-terms next year.

Shinobi

Sadly the Bush administration's use of this date as a propaganda tool has soiled it's meaning for me...if it had any to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom