• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Relaunched

Quentyn

Pledge $5,000 or more

CHAMPION SUPPORTER ============================= Work with Precursor to DEMO THE GAME AT AN EVENT like E3 (Los Angeles), PAX (Seattle), or GDC (San Francisco). Must be able to arrange travel to the location.

What? I have to pay them 5,000 bucks so I can work for them for free at E3?

brandnew

I feel pretty bad for these guys. That Dyak character really ruined it for them.

I won't give them any money though

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I $25'd last time, and they refunded when the project was cancelled, so I'm okay with trying again.

Gbraga

$20?? Now we're talking, I'll look into it more carefully when I get home, but I'll back for now to get my early bird spot before it runs out.

kazebyaka

Banned
Seems interesting. I doubt it'll get funded after all the controversy and stuff, but who knows. The more games the merrier.

thefro

This is allegedly a 8-10 hour "full game" now, which probably makes more sense.

Not sure how they can make 4x the game for less of a funding goal, but I'm guessing they found some extra $$$ elsewhere.

Gbraga

What? I have to pay them 5,000 bucks so I can work for them for free at E3?

lol, I think the "pay thousands of dollars to party with us!" tiers of several kickstarters are also silly as hell. I want your game, not your friendship, specially if I have to buy it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Still psyched about this!

Pledged! (Again)

Not sure how they can make 4x the game for less of a funding goal, but I'm guessing they found some extra $$$ elsewhere.

if you read the page it says they have since received external funding which is why they need less money now

I don't understand what I would even be funding here.

Clearly this game is far along with an ETA of Oct 2014. What does this money actually help/do?

That's what I don't like about Kickstarter. Lack of transparency.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, if Accomplished Actor, Screenwriter, and Director David Hayter endorses it, then it must be good! Oh, he's voicing the main character, too! What a coincidence!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kickstarter doesn't charge your card right away, right? I never bothered to check in the past.

No, it doesn't. You'll get charged if it meets the goal.

radcliff

Will back when I get home. I think it has more of a chance now that it is for the full game (rather than episodic content) and the target is more reasonable. I have wanted a sequel to ED since 2002. I really hope this gets funded and will do my part.

Bulzeeb

or the game wasn't as expensive in the first place and they just wanted the extra money for beer :p

Sounds like a better proposal than the last one. I probably won't end up supporting the Kickstarter, since I prefer to give developers money during the point of sale. However, I wish them luck all the same.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hayter's career as a Kickstarter desperation tier is a notable step down from his previous standing in the industry.

Asking for half, this time pledging a full game. I am perhaps more than a little skeptical of how that mathmagic plays out in reality.
Edit: Oh, external money eh, but still not enough to cover development? Oh deary me.

D-e-f-

Banned
I don't understand what I would even be funding here.

Clearly this game is far along with an ETA of Oct 2014. What does this money actually help/do?

That's what I don't like about Kickstarter. Lack of transparency.

Lack of transparency? It says right there on the page that they would hire more people with the money. You know, game development is done by people who need to eat and live somewhere which costs money which they gain by getting paid which their place of employment is handling which we are helping out with by funding. It's not that hard to grasp, really.

why do I feel that this project is a trap? I am the only one feeling this way?

I don't know, paranoia?

Kickstarter doesn't charge your card right away, right? I never bothered to check in the past.

Yes, of course they don't charge right away. They charge you after the kickstarter has closed and only if the goal has been met.

Gbraga

Eternal Darkness had combat as well.

Was it good in ED? I never played it.

If the combat was bad, then I don't see that as a valid reason to keep it, if it was good, then my apologies. It's just that after Too Human, I'm not sure I want a game with combat with some of those guys involved, and don't get me wrong, from what I see the story in Too Human was pretty interesting (I couldn't finish it myself so I know little of it), so an adventure game with no combat would be perfect for those guys.

Did you play Eternal Darkness?

nope :p

Top Bottom