• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea The Sky Explorer 3DS is still alive (?)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sorry, the title should be rodea the sky soldier

http://www.4gamer.net/games/154/G015406/20130725012/

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35022

Rodea The Sky Soldier 3DS is still alive and is now 70% done (the Wii version is completed though). The article also mentioned about how they tried reproducing the control from the Wii version to the 3DS version but the result wasn't as good as they thought, hence they diverted their effort to that area. They also said the game is still scheduled for the intended platforms (Wii , 3DS)

Head to Nintendoworldreport for more details

VariantX

http://www.4gamer.net/games/154/G015406/20130725012/

I'm not very good with Japanese, but it seems to suggest that Rodea The Sky Explorer 3DS is still alive and is now 70% done. The article also mentioned about how they tried reproducing the control from the Wii version to the 3DS version but the result wasn't as good as they thought, hence they diverted their effort to that area.

Wouldn't be any point of releasing it for Wii at this point either. Better off going on ahead with the just the 3DS version.

Lijik

Its going to be really shitty when this has been done on the wii for like a year or two now and it never comes out because it took the port developers forever to figure out the controls. I mean I guess I should be glad this game is still alive and coming out in some capacity

Release the Wii version, I don't care if it's profitable or not, this has been in the back burner, COMPLETED, since September 2011.

But I'll gladly take a Wii U version with forced Wiimote controls, Naka clearly said he wanted people to play it this way. He didn't think he could work with the GamePad for the game, but ESPN Sports Connection requires Motion+, hence it's 100% possible to require the Wiimote to play if you need to.

Kinvara

Just when I think this game is dead, it comes back.

Good to hear some news though. It would be nice if this game finally came out.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Good to hear, I thought the Wii version was completed ages ago, but it was never released. Too bad it couldn't be ported over to Wii U. The game seems made for the pointer and the Wii U could sure use some games. In either case, I guess now we have to hope it gets localized outside of Japan.

For those who never heard of this (can't blame you!), this is by Yuji Naka's team at Prope, the same team that also made; Let's Tap, Ivy The Kiwi, and Fishing Resort, all for Wii.

For those who never heard of this (can't blame you!), this is by Yuji Naka's team at Prope, the same team that also made; Let's Tap, Ivy The Kiwi, and Fishing Resort, all for Wii.
ibsOX6ilnr9rXb.gif

Glass Rebel

Releasing the Wii version (or a Wii U port for that matter) makes zero sense and the game being completed since 2011 or whatever smells like BS as well. Just try to get out the 3DS version and move on.

Heyt

Banned
Oh yeah! great news! too bad there is no Wii version anymore, but I'm still ok with the 3DS one if the controls are good enough.

Seeing any version of this game release would be great! I hope it happens.

Oh yeah! great news! too bad there is no Wii version anymore, but I'm still ok with the 3DS one if the controls are good enough.

The Wii version was never actually cancelled, so who knows, a miracle could happen and it could actually release...

OP is right.

They are also working to add some other cool stuff, but will us know more later. Game will definitely see release. Sorry I dont have time for a better translation right now.

Yep! He mentioned that the release plans of before still remain the same.

KANKJDBLKC QIJH WJWJ IUW: WKWJ IW

Ahem.

My god, thank you based Kadokawa if they follow through with this! o_O

I guess they wanted to release both at all costs, even if the 3DS version greatly delayed both of them.

Yuji Naka must be thrilled! :D

XSEED, you have some business to attend to! :D

KANKJDBLKC QIJH WJWJ IUW: WKWJ IW

Ahem.

My god, thank you based Kadokawa if they follow through with this! o_O

I guess they wanted to release both at all costs, even if the 3DS version greatly delayed both of them.

Yuji Naka must be thrilled! :D

XSEED, you have some business to attend to! :D

The Wii version isn't coming west. I imagine Kadokawa could self publish on the eShop for the 3DS version though.

The Wii version isn't coming west. I imagine Kadokawa could self publish on the eShop for the 3DS version though.

XSEED brought over Pandora's Tower, I think they know the demand and AGONIZING wait for Rodea on Wii has been.

Even as a risky Wii sendoff, it'd be worth it. Plus they can bring over both versions so they can at least have the 3DS version as a better potential for profit maybe? Besides, they bring over PSP and Vita games for crying out load (well, not anymore for the former...).

Top Bottom