• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 vid - Party chat confirmed, not behind paywall

Liamario

Banned
Just watched it. Interesting that party chat isn't behind paywall. I wonder why they decided that. Is it a software limitation?

Deitus

Can't remember if that was confirmed before or not, but I assumed it would be there and free. Still, always good to have confirmation

jiggles

Banned
I think it's also new info that the friends list limit is 2000.

The "x is online/offline" notifications are going to burn in to my fucking screen.

sakipon

I think it's also new info that the friends list limit is 2000.

The "x is online/offline" notifications are going to burn in to my fucking screen.

2000 sounds amazing. Wonder if Vita is doomed to keep the limit of 100 friends or are they able to update it?

hesido

Argh, that thought bubble used for speech bubble again, seen in last part of video. What is the world coming to?

I kid. But it bothers me somehow.

Steroyd

2000 friends limit.

Finally an impossibly high number I'll never reach. Can't believe I hit the limit at one point and had to trim down.

GodofWine

Just watched it. Interesting that party chat isn't behind paywall. I wonder why they decided that. Is it a software limitation?

Probably since the F2P games (Planetside 2 / Warframe / War Thunder / blacklight / etc) are not behind a paywall, so they want the user experience to be good for those games. Good on them.

Gartooth

Sweet to know that there is cross game party chat in! Speaking of this not being stuck behind a paywall, PS+ would be perfect if they didn't do that to the online multiplayer, but at least it offers enough other services to make up for it.

JawzPause

Of course it's not a software limitation, they just don't want to force people to pay for online. Instead they offer a great service with ps+ and make people want to join.

Anhkow

>PS4 party chat
>2000 PSN friends
>F2P games do not require PS+

05774874940.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good. That friend list limit lol, I will never add that many people or even close to that number.

Q8D3vil

welcome to 20 century sony.
im still mad about them not implementing it on ps3 after promising it for like 8 years.

cchum

Arg....kinda wish multiplayer and party chat were swapped.
I'd love to sometimes not pay, and still be able to play online.

satam55

Banned
Based on that video, people ask a lot of stupid question that they could of found out just by googling it.

I wish somebody would've asked if we could group video chat via "Skype" or maybe even "Google Hangouts" while playing games or while watching a video app or ask if we can play our own background music.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Party Chat isn't behind paywall, but online play is.

SMH Sony.

Man, I really hope there's a way to category friends.
For example: "real life friends," "fighting game friends, "online shooter friends," etc.
Would be dope to hide online status from 'em too.

Shikoro

I wonder what's going to happen on the Vita and the PS3 now that they're going to up the limit to 2000. If I'm not wrong, I remember someone saying that some PS3 games are programmed with the 100 friends limit in mind, and that upping the limit would cause game-breaking problems. Would love an explanation on that.

Top Bottom