• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy slips to 2014 for Europe

Tenki

When Nintendo announced they were the publisher of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy the game was slated for late 2013 in Europe and 2014 in North America.

The 3DS role playing game slipped to 2014 for Europe, according to Nintendo’s latest financial report. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will still be released in "later 2013" in PAL regions and 2014 in North America.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/31/bravely-default-flying-fairy-slips-to-2014-for-europe/

3yiBk8Z.jpg

Dennis

Banned
There are three 3DS RPGs that will finally get me to purchase the damn thing:

1. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

2. Shin Megami Tensei IV

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

I need GAF to tell me that they are worth getting a 3DS XL for.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Disappointed, I was anticipating this. Still, probably it's a Q1 2014 release and...maybe it's a bad thing to admit, but with the amount of 3DS titles coming this year, it's possibly better for both us and Nintendo if BD is out at the beginning of next year. Better for Nintendo since it has bigger possibilities of selling without being "disturbed" by all the other hits on the platform (Pokémon, Layton, Zelda and Mario Party), better for our wallets. I mean, it's not like last year when Holidays were quite empty, this time they're full as hell XD

Phazon

They already have Pokémon, Zelda, Prof Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Mario Party and Mario Golf.

That'll do for 2013. Better to bring out Bravely Default in 2014 and fill some gaps than releasing everything at an already very busy end of the year. :)

PokéKong

Damn you peoples are so impatient, there are fucktons of games to play til then, I am still so happy and thankful we are getting this game at all and that it even exists in the state Square-Enix is in, with mid-tier developed games being an endangered species as it is.

SuperSah

Banned
Fucking hell. I knew it.

2013 was too good to be true especially with zero game coverage.

I'm disappointed as hell that I gotta wait till next year. :(

redlemon

Oh well, I don't mind too much though since I've been having trouble keeping up with all the 3DS rpg's that have been getting released.

vareon

"2013" was already vague enough as we haven't seen a single screen of the game localized and Nintendo haven't talked about it since then.

ymmv

Banned
They already have Pokémon, Zelda, Prof Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Mario Party and Mario Golf.

That'll do for 2013. Better to bring out Bravely Default in 2014 and fill some gaps than releasing everything at an already very busy end of the year. :)

But I'm not interested in Pokémon, Prof Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Mario Party and Mario Golf. Only Zelda (probably) and Bravely Default (absolutely!). A title like BD should have been released alongside those games simply because it attracts a different segment of the market.

There are three 3DS RPGs that will finally get me to purchase the damn thing:

1. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

2. Shin Megami Tensei IV

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

I need GAF to tell me that they are worth getting a 3DS XL for.

yes, you'd have the best games available but you're missing
Etrian Odyssey 4

Bleep

Please SMT IV in 2013. Please.

I honestly don't think this will make it in 2013 either. I'm guessing they will think there is too much competition during the holiday season and they need to leave room after Soul Hackers for it to make its full sales potential.

I really hope I'm wrong though!

Mario Golf isn't coming out until 2014, either.

Labadal

A bit disappointed as it was my most anticipated 3DS game. There are enough games to keep me occupied, I guess.

richi_one

I don't think SMT IV will be translated, maybe this time it won't take 2 years just to fill PAL version with bugs.
I'm still waiting for a NA/EU release of Dragon Quest VII, c'mon!

luokyl

This was the one thing EU 3DS had over the US. And we lost it.

Shouldn't have gotten an EU 3DS, importing a US console would have saved me waiting for Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey 4 and SMT IV. Probably would have been cheaper too.

urfe

This game has a lot of text, and text I'd consider not easy to translate.

Delay makes it sounds like they won't do a shit job. I'd be happy.

It's like a WD delay.

redlemon

I honestly don't think this will make it in 2013 either. I'm guessing they will think there is too much competition during the holiday season and they need to leave room after Soul Hackers for it to make its full sales potential.

Different companies are putting out Soul Hackers and SMT IV so I doubt it

Bleep

Nintendo and Atlus seem to have a pretty close relationship these days regardless of publisher. In USA SMT IV isn't published by Nintendo, but Nintendo still created a deal to get $30 credit if you buy both FE:A and SMT IV. I might be wrong though as NIS America are publishing Soul Hackers, so it might be off their radar if they aren't directly dealing with Atlus.

Jb

Fuck.

No word on when we're getting SMT4? I'm increasingly considering buying a NTSC 3DS because nothing's coming out these days.

nasos_333

This game has a lot of text, and text I'd consider not easy to translate.

Delay makes it sounds like they won't do a shit job. I'd be happy.

It's like a WD delay.

I would expect EU verson come after US one, since for US they only need one language translation

wrowa

What a shame. Would have made the perfect game to play around christmas when visiting my mother. I was anticipating playing BD on a nice snowy morning just like in the old times.

But, well, I was expecting it not to make the date. The localization seemed to have just started when they announced it, not quite enough time to put it out just half a year later.

SMT IV will not be published by NISA? Who else picked it up?

Sucks for EU fans. :( Hopefully stuff like Pokemon and Soul Hackers/SMTIV (I keep thinking NISA is supposed to release that in EU?) will tide you guys over.

Top Bottom