• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall MP and The Order to be at Gamescom

luffeN

Just received an email detailing Sony's press appointments. Besides obvious titles such as Knack and #Driveclub, the company will also host some multi player sessions for Killzone: Shadow Fall. Each session will last for one hour.

The Order will also be shown, although only one slot for half an hour. The question is if anything new will appear for that game, since you probably have to also include a Q&A session at the end.

Sadly, I am not able to go to Gamescom this year, but other people going should probably hurry and book their sessions.

Edit:

The press lineup is the following:

#Driveclub
inFamous: Second Son
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
The Order

Beyond: Two Souls
Gran Turismo 6
invizimals
Puppeteer
Rain

Killzone Mercenary
tearaway
invizimals

PSN Sessions

Just received an email detailing Sony's press appointments. Besides obvious titles such as Knack and #Driveclub, the company will also host some multi player sessions for Killzone: Shadow Fall multi player. Each session will last for one hour.

The Order will also be shown, although only one slot for half an hour. The question is if anything new will appear for that game, since you probably have to also include a Q&A session at the end.

Sadly, I am not able to go to Gamescom this year, but other people going should probably hurry and book their sessions.

in and around my mouth

boinx

bow.gif

Are there examples of that today? Not dogging you, I'm just trying to think of some. Even action adventures like Uncharted were pretty reliant on cover.

not ones that i can think of but that is just all the more reason to try something new. it's the start of the new gen, this is the best time to take risk

Edit: Vanquish fits but I don't want the game to be that arcadey.

Hollow

Very nice.
The multiplayer is the only thing I'm really interested in from Shadowfall and I'm dying to see more of The Order.

Raven77

I'm excited for The Order, it seems like it could be a fun Dickensien- Steam Punk style gothic shooter.

For some reason it reminds me of that old game, I think it was on PS1 or PS2 where you were in London (I think) and it had something to do with werewolves. Had an attempted realistic gritty graphics style.

Nightmare? maybe, or something like that.

boinx

Lol I actually used cover quite a bit in Vanquish, but I probably wasn't the best at the game :p

It's a good thing that the game allows different play styles. I was sliding around the battlefield all the time, more fun and challenging that way imo.

I just hope that the order isn't some horde mode third person cover shooter

:V

They said in an article I read on Eurogamer a few weeks back that it's going to be a cinematic action game, so it very well might be a third person shooter. Personally I hope it's a bit more open and with the opportunity for varied gameplay and tactics like in TLoU.

Still looking forward to seeing it though. I find the premise and setting intriguing - I wish more games would step outside of the typical genre settings.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Expected Shadow Fall MP but confirmation of The Order is great news. Let's hope we get some footage and it's not just a behind closed doors showing.

From Housemarque's Facebook

Good news guys, we can confirm Housemarque will attend GamesCom this year. More info coming soon!

Their only currently announced games are the Stardust successor and some other PS4 game. So we should at least get to see the Stardust game.

ThisOne

Really looking forward to seeing the Killzone multiplayer. If it looks good, I'll get it at launch. If it looks sub-par, I'll probably go for Battlefield 4 at launch.

Top Bottom