• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall MP and The Order to be at Gamescom

The lack of Spawn Grenades really killed the experience in KZ3. Wasn't nearly as tactical, and capturing spawn points allowed a dominating team to just dominate even more.

It removed the ability for a team to adapt, take their spawn elsewhere discretely, and change the game.

It killed the entire experience.

nib95

Banned
If KZ SFs MP is more like KZ2s, it will be one of the finest multiplayer games on the new generation of consoles full stop. Come on GG.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I can't even fathom how I am going to spread my time between KZ Singleplayer, Killzone Multiplayer, Battlefield Multiplayer, and Driveclub. All on launch day.

If Planetside 2 makes it to launch I am fucked.

Also:

Holy detail batman.
kzsf_in_2013-08-01_vc15-shotgun-pistol_02.jpg

Acrylic7

The lack of Spawn Grenades really killed the experience in KZ3. Wasn't nearly as tactical, and capturing spawn points allowed a dominating team to just dominate even more.

It removed the ability for a team to adapt, take their spawn elsewhere discretely, and change the game.

It killed the entire experience.

Yup

Did they say anything about the MP yet? Because the spawn grenades are an immediate deal breaker. Kz3 was simply anti-enjoyable.

Yeah, it's sink or swim for Killzone's MP for me. I'm hoping they surprise us with an announcement of a good co-op component too

I'm really hoping The Order has very strong story/campaign emphasis, with MP integrated to seamlessly fuse the two together. It'd be next gen for me if I can boot up the game with my friends and have a story told like a single player game. And PLEASE give us split-screen.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If KZ SFs MP is more like KZ2s, it will be one of the finest multiplayer games on the new generation of consoles full stop. Come on GG.
The KZ2 MP director is back so I feel like it'll be probably be similar to KZ2's with the class abilities being tied to the OWL. I hope ziplining is in. That could add a lot of flanking and escape opportunities.

NANOW

Neo Member
The Order will also be shown, although only one slot for half an hour. The question is if anything new will appear for that game, since you probably have to also include a Q&A session at the end.

Can you post a link or let me know where can I get in QnA session. I have a press pass and I am covering it. So please PM me the email from Sony if you can.

Thanks!

pixelbox

What are the chances that KZ Shadow Fall has dat weight like in KZ2?
In recent interviews, players said it felt like 2 all over again. Some even said it had input lag so my guess would be it's very similar, which is great. But things like FOV and weapon placement makes huge difference as well. Also more interactive particals.

I thought it was Killzone 2 that let you mix and match. It was brilliant! Especially because they broke it down into obvious tiered abilities. Your "primary" ability (Non switchable) was almost always infinitely better than your sub ability (switchable).

Tactician with boost pill, eat the pill then run full sprint into enemy camp, drop the spawn grenade and watch the clusterfuck unfold while your entire team spawns on top of the objective (and usually get slaughtered) :lol

Game Informer has a few new details on KZ

- They say that if KZ2 and 3 were rollercoaster rides, then SF is Disneyland. By this they mean that 2 and 3 feel like there's nonstop action, while in SF you're often placed in a big level with multiple objectives and sub-missions that you can complete. You're also able to pick and choose if you even want to do them instead of just being on a predictable route like a rollercoaster.

- As mentioned above there are now multiple objectives and sub-missions. In one level they mention that you'll have the ability to disable a communication tower, which would disable any backup for the Helghast if shit starts to go wrong. There's also a part where disabling AA guns will lead to a heavy weapon stash.

- They don't say much about the multiplayer other than mentioning that there's a huge focus on character customization as well as match customization.

And this is the second straight issue where GI has had some really impressive new screenshots that aren't available officially online. I'm not sure why Guerrilla wont' release them. They give you a good idea of just how large the scope of the world is compared to previous games.

- They say that if KZ2 and 3 were rollercoaster rides, then SF is Disneyland. By this they mean that 2 and 3 feel like there's nonstop action, while in SF you're often placed in a big level with multiple objectives and sub-missions that you can complete. You're also able to pick and choose if you even want to do them instead of just being on a predictable route like a rollercoaster.

- As mentioned above there are now multiple objectives and sub-missions. In one level they mention that you'll have the ability to disable a communication tower, which would disable any backup for the Helghast if shit starts to go wrong. There's also a part where disabling AA guns will lead to a heavy weapon stash.

- They don't say much about the multiplayer other than mentioning that there's a huge focus on character customization as well as match customization.

And this is the second straight issue where GI has had some really impressive new screenshots that aren't available officially online. I'm not sure why Guerrilla wont' release them. They give you a good idea of just how large the scope of the world is compared to previous games.

So much for vehicles in the multiplayer....I knew it would be a CoD clone

I reall REALLY hope it's nothing like Crysis 2 or Crysis 3. God those games were boring and bland as shit

Damn I wanna see these screens! Where would one find them ? Anyone know?

Apoc87

Banned

HYYYYPPPPEEEEE

W..what? How did you get that from any of the info that I posted?

Damn I wanna see these screens! Where would one find them ? Anyone know?

They're only in GI at the moment. Like I said, I don't know why Guerrilla hasn't made them available online. Surely any exclusive period that GI may have had for the screens in the previous issue is long over.

Yes clarifying some stuff from E3... but MP flexibility is great to hear

DieH@rd

Banned

I wanna see them.... T_T

luffeN

They're only in GI at the moment. Like I said, I don't know why Guerrilla hasn't made them available online. Surely any exclusive period that GI may have had for the screens in the previous issue is long over.

I guess they will release new media next week for Gamescom.

This seems predictable. Glad to see we'll know about KZ multiplayer though. I've got high hopes. I think KZ2 is about the only multiplayer game (except for Wolfenstein on the original Xbox because I was too young and new to the genre to know better) that I've ever invested any serious time into.

I also really hope we see actual gameplay for The Order. I'm pretty excited about the potential of that.

My question to Sony is why would I upgrade from my PS3 when they're still giving us delicious first party games this late and Destiny is still coming to the PS3 as well and honestly the launch line up doesn't look good at all. Knack seems cool and KillZone looks like just another FPS. I could spend 460 dollars or spend less than 200 and Get GT6, Beyond: Two Souls, GTA5 and be set. The Order 1866 is the only thing that's drawing me to the system. Microsoft will have Titanfall, Ryse and Forza 5 which I trust to be better than DriveClub based on brand alone and I'll still be able to play Destiny on it. So Sony better show some good stuff that will make me want to have that one game. Cause I got my PS3 to play The Last of Us and haven't been disappointed but I probably won't be buying another system for awhile...so is Sony actually hurting their new platform by putting out all these great titles for their current gen system this fall?

test_account

XP-39C²
Match customization, maybe they will bring back server list like Killzone 2 has? That you can choose any server you want to play on.

I reall REALLY hope it's nothing like Crysis 2 or Crysis 3. God those games were boring and bland as shit
I really hope they keep vehicles out of the multiplayer, or at least keep it to the minimum on a few maps. I dont want huge maps where you have to run for 2 minutes to get somewhere if you cant find an available vehicle. And Warzone mode will be included guaranteed, it wont be a CoD clone when concidering Warzone mode alone.

Honest question, why do you think it would be anything like Crysis 2 or 3?

Skeff

My question to Sony is why would I upgrade from my PS3 when they're still giving us delicious first party games this late and Destiny is still coming to the PS3 as well and honestly the launch line up doesn't look good at all. Knack seems cool and KillZone looks like just another FPS. I could spend 300 dollars or spend less than 200 and Get GT6, Beyond: Two Souls, GTA5 and be set. The Order 1866 is the only thing that's drawing me to the system. Microsoft will have Titanfall, Ryse and Forza 5 which I trust to be better than DriveClub based on brand alone and I'll still be able to play Destiny on it. So Sony better show some good stuff that will make me want to have that one game. Cause I got my PS3 to play The Last of Us and haven't been disappointed but I probably won't be buying another system for awhile...so is Sony actually hurting their new platform by putting out all these great titles for their current gen system this fall?

No they are showing loyalty to their fans who have purchased their consoles by supporting it still, you should probably realize that it's likely PS4 will get the same support in its later years as the PS3, whereas the XB1 will get the same support as the 360 is getting the last couple of years.

If your happy with your PS3 still, thats fine, but saying that you can play destiny on it rather than PS4 is kind of selling next gen short, just because a game is cross gen does not mean the versions are the same.

No they are showing loyalty to their fans who have purchased their consoles by supporting it still, you should probably realize that it's likely PS4 will get the same support in its later years as the PS3, whereas the XB1 will get the same support as the 360 is getting the last couple of years.

If your happy with your PS3 still, thats fine, but saying that you can play destiny on it rather than PS4 is kind of selling next gen short, just because a game is cross gen does not mean the versions are the same.

Frankly we can't assume any of this...new generation, new playing field. I'm not doggin on Sony. I'm just sayin.

They sort of had vehicles in KZ3 with the mechs.

There needs to be something in this MP that stands out.

those mechs were awful, totally overpowered. By vehicles I mean jeeps, tanks, flying vehicles and large maps and 64 players.

I dunno what GG is doing...I guess Dice is the only dev that make make 64 player awesome shooters

Frankly we can't assume any of this...new generation, new playing field. I'm not doggin on Sony. I'm just sayin.

Sony certainly could pull an MS, like with the 360 where it sits there mocking you with it's lack of titles in it's twilight years.

I'm happy to see them supporting the PS3 though even now, even if I don't have one, as it at least sets a precedent of solid support going forward. I shouldn't be too surprised by this though I suppose as the PS2 had a pretty long tail as well.

those mechs were awful, totally overpowered. By vehicles I mean jeeps, tanks, flying vehicles and large maps and 64 players.

I dunno what GG is doing...I guess Dice is the only dev that make make 64 player awesome shooters

So what you're trying to say is, you really like Battlefield-style games and want all shooters to be like that?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
or warhawk...

Killzone series had so much potential, a battlefield style game set in the Killzone universe would be AMAZING

You could just play Battlefield?

I don't know why Guerilla seems like a developer thats damned if they do, damned if they don't. I mean, I saw another person complaining the game wasn't dark and brown enough. Let them do their own thing and wait for the end result.

You could just play Battlefield?

I don't know why Guerilla seems like a developer thats damned if they do, damned if they don't. I mean, I saw another person complaining the game wasn't dark and brown enough. Let them do their own thing and wait for the end result.
I dunno it seams lazy to me. Making CoD infantry only clones....making a large scale shooter like BF requires true talent

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

KZ is an infantry focused series and should stay that way. Gunplay is what GG does best.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I already said this earlier in the thread, but I really can't wait to see what The Order is all about.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I dunno it seams lazy to me. Making CoD infantry only clones....making a large scale shooter like BF requires true talent

You're making a huge leap by connecting an infantry focus to being a Call of Duty clone. Regardless, I don't see the point in ripping a game for being a clone of Game A instead of a clone of Game B.

Plus The Order.

Wonder if we see footage that stands up to the reveal. Can't wait.

I think people who are excited merely because of the visuals are going to be disappointed. I don't know for certain, but I feel pretty confident it's going to be another situation where "in-engine" clearly surpasses "gameplay."

I'm intrigued by the setting and the style of the game, so I don't think I'll be disappointed if the footage doesn't stand up. However, I feel like I might be in the minority.

Top Bottom