• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED teasing a new game? [Up: All but confirmed to be Senran Kagura]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I found it. The girl in pink:

Senran-Kagura.jpg

damn! you're good! :) ...

i'm good with burst. would've preferred versus, but, hey, good burst sales, & who knows? :) ...

Blue-kun

I suppose it makes sense for BURST to come out first, given how SV is a sort of "sequel" and you might not get the story if you jump on that one right away (I know life & hometown are all the story I need, though, but I digress).

However, Burst really looks like a lackluster game and with all the stuff that I still want to grab on both Vita and 3DS, I'll have to pass it up. Hopefully the 3DS bros will do a good job, so that SV can come out on a later date. Although there's also the risk of it facing harsh reviews and not selling all that well, which would in turn lower SV's chances. Oh well :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Region lock and objectively inferior gameplay based off those who have played both Burst and Shinovi Versus.

This means that Shinovi Versus may eventually make its way over to the states as well. I'd rather they bring it all over, even piecemeal, than skip entries.

Hoping for a retail release. I hate Nintendo's eShop. Also, the potential for goodies.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Kawaii eye-patch girl come to love me! WTF, PSVita, or no dice.

A little disappointed if it ends up being Burst instead of VS.

I guess I'll still get it but still wanted more musou on the Vita.

Region lock and objectively inferior gameplay based off those who have played both Burst and Shinovi Versus.

Hikage.

Thank you! I feel proud to have picked an 18 year old out, honestly.

I don't understand though, wouldn't it be more convenient for NA gamers to get the 3DS game? The Vita one can just be imported, and there would probably be more 3DS sales to drives a Vita localization than the other way around.

sajj316

I suppose it makes sense for BURST to come out first, given how SV is a sort of "sequel" and you might not get the story if you jump on that one right away (I know life & hometown are all the story I need, though, but I digress).

However, Burst really looks like a lackluster game and with all the stuff that I still want to grab on both Vita and 3DS, I'll have to pass it up. Hopefully the 3DS bros will do a good job, so that SV can come out on a later date. Although there's also the risk of it facing harsh reviews and not selling all that well, which would in turn lower SV's chances. Oh well :(

This is my problem. If the decision to localize SV is contingent on Burst sales .. I don't think we'll ever see SV in the US or Europe. I just don't see the US crowd lining up in droves to buy Burst on a Nintendo platform.

crinale

Again, it make total sense to release burst first.
I mean, if you play SV first then you'll find high school girls living in caves, for no explanation.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Burst also included the original game right? If yes that's pretty nice.

This is my problem. If the decision to localize SV is contingent on Burst sales .. I don't think we'll ever see SV in the US or Europe. I just don't see the US crowd lining up in droves to buy Burst on a Nintendo platform.

Yet, they will line up to buy it on Vita, a platform with a fraction of the user base?

This game is intended for a small, hardcore audience. XSEED knows this, and I'm sure it will meet their expectations.

Aytrial

I don't understand though, wouldn't it be more convenient for NA gamers to get the 3DS game? The Vita one can just be imported, and there would probably be more 3DS sales to drives a Vita localization than the other way around.

My comment about region locks isn't directed at NA, it's for us over in EU/AUS. If XSEED doesn't publish this themselves, we could be stuck waiting for quite a while.

Kawaii eye-patch girl come to love me! WTF, PSVita, or no dice.

Yagyuu is best eye-patch girl.

ZeroGravity

And they would on the Vita? It's a niche game on any platform. Might as well go with the one that actually has a decent user base.

jackal27

Banned
3DS version! YES! Like I needed anything else to play on it, but hey what's one more game in the "whycantiholdallthese3dsgames" image?

duckroll

Killer is Dead, Senran Kagura, ugh....

It's so disappointing that XSEED is more interested in tits than TitS these days. :p

It'll be funny to see how they advertise this game tomorrow on the Direct. To be honest all of the games coming from this franchise look like crap, but 3DS version probably has the highest sales potential considering the Vita software situation.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Now I'm even more confused. There is no region lock on the Vita besides it's one account system. Which means everyone has the opportunity to play the game (provided they import), on the 3ds side it's a completely different story.

You think it's an objective conensus though?

RM8

It's a good thing that it's the 3DS game since Vita is region free. Anyway, these games don't look too good to me :/ I don't think I'll support this release.

It's too bad it's the 3DS version, I won't be able to play it due to region lock and being in EU and all.

Hopefully they'll bring the Vita one soon.

Aytrial

Now I'm even more confused. There is no region lock on the Vita besides it's one account system. Which means everyone has the opportunity to play the game (provided they import), on the 3ds side it's a completely different story.

When I speak of region locks, I speak from the perspective of an EU gamer who can get shafted easily. As the Siliconera article confirmed, this title has only been announced for NA via DD. So where does that leave the rest of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom