• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romney: "What we feared is happening...the administration has made things worse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Ro...57858/21359870/-/item/1/-/5d87jf/-/index.html

"What we feared would happen, is happening," Romney said, pointing to the nation's unemployment situation and a series of overseas crises, including in Syria and Egypt.

"The administration has made things worse, not better. It is enough to make some people simply throw in the towel," he added, before offering his own advice to the conservative donors.

Worse...I mean, economy/unemployment situation isn't great. But it hasn't become worse

Egypt is worse off? Not sure what Obama can do about that. Syria...both sides are bad from what I can see.

I can think of anything that has become worse since Romney lost. Well apart from the House Republicans and the GOP party in general.

Considering the guy waited 2 hours to concede an election he lost by a landslide I shouldn't be surprised. How far does your head need to be up your arse for something like that.

i don't know what actually "happened" since romney lost but certainly my image of our government has absolutely tanked in the last couple of months. Obama certainly isn't helping.

Civil liberties have been destroyed under Obama. Worse than they were with Bush. The economy is still in shambles. Gas prices are surging. Unemployment is shitty. Let's not forget about the NSA and IRS controversies. Obama has been shit, but Romney should not pretend he'd be better.

Romney and Obama are almost the same on economic and foreign policy. So I guess he is saying his leadership would have sucked.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Civil liberties have been destroyed under Obama. Worse than they were with Bush. The economy is still in shambles. Gas prices are surging. Unemployment is shitty. Let's not forget about the NSA and IRS controversies. Obama has been shit, but Romney should not pretend he'd be better.

President has no control over gas prices, so there's no point in even mentioning that.

The NSA shit isn't something Obama did or started after winning the 2nd term though.

Question is, are things actually worse now? Was it better that the NSA stuff happened and no one knew about it 8 years ago or is it better that we know?

DryvBy

We'll never know. I didn't vote for either of these clowns but I had no idea why people wanted 4 more years of Obama. It's like when people wanted 4 more years of Bush. Is it the uncertainty of not knowing if the other guy will be worse?

tumblr_mi30b3m0ra1rxwuovo1_250.gif

These policies were started under Bush and the Executive never cedes power back once given, regardless of party.

Deadbeat

Banned
We'll never know. I didn't vote for either of these clowns but I had no idea why people wanted 4 more years of Obama. It's like when people wanted 4 more years of Bush. Is it the uncertainty of not knowing if the other guy will be worse?
You cant run under the banner of "might not be as bad as the other guy" because that doesnt work. It didnt work for Kerry so why the fuck would it work for Romney?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Zoidberg: He may not be perfect, but do we really want some new guy? I'll stick with the evil maniac I know, thank you!
=p

clav

While Romney is right, it is still better as with him at the helm.

Romney is not a crook as much as GAF paints him to be.

I think either person at the helm would not change the political situation that's been crushing America for over a decade (i.e. the legislative branch).
Romney and Obama are almost the same on economic and foreign policy. So I guess he is saying his leadership would have sucked.
Something along the lines of this.

Alrus

Well part of it probably has to do with having the most godawful congress to ever grace the US I guess.

DryvBy

You cant run under the banner of "might not be as bad as the other guy" because that doesnt work. It didnt work for Kerry so why the fuck would it work for Romney?

Again, didn't like Romney. He could suck it too. But the rest of Dumberica voting in Bush and Obama for a 2nd term. Do people vote like it's a football team bet or something?

I think either person at the helm would not change the political situation that's been crushing America for over a decade (i.e. the legislative branch).

Something along the lines of this.

I don't want a Republican appointing Supreme Court justices.

That was reason enough for me to vote for Obama over Romney.

Aylinato

^ Holy fucking shit you are insane to think those two would do anything different. (they would probably tank the economy while taking their gold bars and dancing as the Fed is dismantled.)

Civil liberties..you mean the patriot act that Bush passed.
The economy is sluggish, but recovering, but sluggish.
Gas is...Obama's fault? He's the kindest President to Big Oil since forever, heck, US oil production is highest it's ever been(not that we are seeing any savings from that).
IRS was a made-up scandal. Through and through it's been shown the IRS works how the IRS should work.

NSA is an awful scandal, but it's been going on for much longer(and will continue) then just Obama.

So...yea.

USA needs heroes.

nsYuuYr.jpg

Hi.

You said "heroes", not "gold infomercial actors".

Also not to defend Obama as I'm convinced he's firmly mediocre, but I'm not sure more than a handful of posters ITT would be able to name anything particularly egregious on the civil liberties front that won't have to do with the NSA.

...and you're deluding yourself if you thought he'd turn that around after the actual votes in his Senate career.

These policies were started under Bush and the Executive never cedes power back once given, regardless of party.

Obama was the one that extended the Bush tax cuts and expanded TSA searches, among other things. I'm frankly sick of people making excuses for this guy.

Romney is not some crook like GAF likes to think he is. I think it's fairer to say that he'd be on par with Obama since Obama is essentially a socially progressive Republican more than anything.

120v

obama's second term isn't starting out too hot but it was only two years ago his approval was in in the 30's and the general consensus was he was destined for one term. there's still a long way to go to 2016... i don't think his legacy will be remembered by the NSA and egypt or whatever

why romney is talking at all is beside me. he doesn't really serve a purpose anymore, not even for the GOP or even his brand of east coast conservatism. you're drunk romney, go home

So much for transparency and change.

I used to have an old political comic from the 1800's there was a frog and toad sitting side by side. The frog had a sign that read "vote frog". The toad had a sign that said "vote change, vote toad".

It really is a shame that it is acceptable to buy a company completely on credit for the express purpose of saddling the company with the loan debt. Then watch the company struggle and fail, use the loans for tax credits, then sell off the portions of the company for profit.

I don't want a politician electing lobbied officials into the government (e.g. Tom Wheeler, FCC).

I think it's safe to say that corporate cronyism would have almost certainly been worse under Romney.

Obama has been far less than spectacular in myriad ways. But the sad reality of our broken political system is that we only get two choices, and Obama was the less bad one.

PG2G

Again, didn't like Romney. He could suck it too. But the rest of Dumberica voting in Bush and Obama for a 2nd term. Do people vote like it's a football team bet or something?

You vote for what you see as the lesser of two evils because the chance of someone outside of the big two parties winning is next to nil

DryvBy

You vote for what you see as the lesser of two evils because the chance of someone outside of the big two parties winning is next to nil

Or you don't waste your time voting in a busted system. Enjoy this beverage of truth.

Now call me when he supports anything nearly as completely moronic (for literally everyone) as the Austrian school of economics.

The war on drugs. Biggest waste of money I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom