• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romney: "What we feared is happening...the administration has made things worse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

Civil liberties have been destroyed under Obama. Worse than they were with Bush. The economy is still in shambles. Gas prices are surging. Unemployment is shitty. Let's not forget about the NSA and IRS controversies. Obama has been shit, but Romney should not pretend he'd be better.

The IRS 'scandal' wasn't.

Sayter

I think people need to stop worrying about transparency and change and focus solely on competence within the powers they are given.

Because that's what he campaigned on. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the competencey to lead either. Just go on tour and make speeches.

System is broken as long as corporate money continues to influence politics.

But thank fuckin god Romney isn't president, or any Republican for that matter.

clav

I think it's safe to say that corporate cronyism would have almost certainly been worse under Romney.

Obama has been far less than spectacular in myriad ways. But the sad reality of our broken political system is that we only get two choices, and Obama was the less bad one.

I still feel the situation would have turned out the same with role reversal.

Prepare to be disappointed for the rest of your life.

We are already dead.

Aylinato

I found another one:

The guy responsible for killing Osama Bin Laden? O, you mean the dude who made us have healthcare reform that was sorely needed for 40 years before him? O, did you mean the dude who has appointed some amazing Supreme Court Justices, including the first Hispanic? Or do you mean the guy who passed the recovery act to at the very least put some money back into our infrastructure?

I found another one:

That's just ignorant just like the majority of the posters in this thread. Get off the internet and enroll in like a community college poli-sci and American history classes.

I don't agree with many of the current administration positions, but all this hyperbolic and misdirected hate just shows how people are completely misinformed about the US political system.

Tuck

I think Obama is pretty bad and he has disappointed me in nearly every area except maybe LGBT rights.

And yet I'd still vote for him over Romney.

DryvBy

If you don't vote, you don't get to complain.

Yeah, I get to complain to the people that voted for these people. Your vote for suit A or B makes me suffer too.

And I'm talking federal people since that's the topic. Federal. Unless we now vote state Prezzies now.

KHarvey16

Civil liberties have been destroyed under Obama.

All of them? Oh no!

Worse than they were with Bush.

Oh you mean the PATRIOT Act guy. The same guy that didn't push gay marriage or removal of DADT. The guy that built Guantanamo and also had a little something to do with an unnecessary excursion to a country called "Iraq" I think it was.

The economy is still in shambles.

The economy is improving. Not as fast as it should, but it's not getting worse. We would see marked improvement in the area if the country were a monarchy, but it's not so we have to suffer through morons in the Senate and the House.

Gas prices are surging.

No they aren't.

Unemployment is shitty.

Getting better, not worse.

Let's not forget about the NSA and IRS controversies. Obama has been shit, but Romney should not pretend he'd be better.

Don't forget Benghazi.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the competency to lead either.

Based on what, exactly? His statement that he would've been a "moderate Republican" in the 1980s and an overall record that supports this? Opposition leaders' statements that their number-one priority was to deny him a second term at any and all costs, as part of a do-nothing strategy that's only now beginning to fragment?

Quantify your goddamn drivebys.

The guy responsible for killing Osama Bin Laden? O, you mean the dude who made us have healthcare reform that was sorely needed for 40 years before him? O, did you mean the dude who has appointed some amazing Supreme Court Justices, including the first Hispanic? Or do you mean the guy who passed the recovery act to at the very least put some money back into our infrastructure?

yup yup yup :)

Aylinato

Yeah, I get to complain to the people that voted for these people. Your vote for suit A or B makes me suffer too.

And I'm talking federal people since that's the topic. Federal. Unless we now vote state Prezzies now.

Actually you vote for Governors which is technically like a President, only for your state.

Obama is a terrible President for failing to run other countries in addition to his own!

I have a huge list of problems with the Obama administration, but c'mon. :lol

Do you even know what a caucus is?

Would probably be exactly the same under Romney, if not worse. They're much closer than either of them would like you to believe. Obama has been a monumental disappointment, often appearing to be little more than Bush+.

McLovin

I think the real problem was reps filibustering everything. I'm not that much into politics but that's the feeling I get. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if Romney was president, but I can say with confidence that the US would have been in deep shit right now.

Civil liberties have been destroyed under Obama. Worse than they were with Bush. The economy is still in shambles. Gas prices are surging. Unemployment is shitty. Let's not forget about the NSA and IRS controversies. Obama has been shit, but Romney should not pretend he'd be better.
Really?

First of all, the house republicans have all but forced the Dems to prioritize deficit reduction above all else unfortunately (or face a government shutdown), and the deficit is dropping dramatically. The NSA bullshit was happening under Bush too, we just found out about it while under Obama. As for the IRS controversy, it turned out to be completely false, just like everything else that comes out of Darrell Issa's mouth. That's right, completely 100% debunked.

The IRS "scandal" was. not. a. scandal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If you don't vote you don't have any right to complain. Every four years we get to make a choice, everyone who shows up has a right to complain. If you don't care enough to even bother voting third party then you need to go away. The guy who voted for the mole people has more of a right to complain than someone who couldn't even be bothered to show up.

I still feel the situation would have turned out the same with role reversal.

A Romney win likely would have coincided with the GOP taking control of the Senate.

The idea of the batshit insane GOP controlling both chambers of Congress and the presidency - and thus given the ability to appoint new justices to an already conservative Supreme Court - is absolutely terrifying.

DryvBy

Actually you vote for Governors which is technically like a President, only for your state.

Oh yeah. I had no idea that this was what we were talking about. Local governments. That's exactly what we are talking about.

I'm sure glad I live in a world where you're allowed to vote. The people that really know what's going on! :D

Aylinato

Would probably be exactly the same under Romney, if not worse. They're much closer than either of them would like you to believe. Obama has been a monumental disappointment, often appearing to be little more than Bush+.

Gay rights, him coming out in favor of Marriage Equality.
Him talking about heavily racial issues.

Yea, he's really nothing like Bush. Bush would probably be cooler to drink a miller light/bud light, but Obama would drink microbrewery-stuff and that makes him awesome.

Really?

First of all, the house republicans have all but forced the Dems to prioritize deficit reduction above all else unfortunately (or face a government shutdown), and the deficit is dropping dramatically. The NSA bullshit was happening under Bush too, we just found out about it while under Obama. As for the IRS controversy, it turned out to be completely false, just like everything else that comes out of Darrell Issa's mouth. That's right, completely 100% debunked.

The IRS "scandal" was. not. a. scandal.

but...but....Benghazi!!

A Romney win likely would have coincided with the GOP taking control of the Senate.

The idea of the batshit insane GOP controlling both chambers of Congress and the presidency - and thus given the ability to appoint new justices to an already conservative Supreme Court - is absolutely terrifying.

Especially if you're gay or a woman.

I'd take Obama over Romney any day, and anyone pretending there aren't any differences between them are kidding themselves. Additionally, I will vote 3rd party when there's actually a viable one that might win.

Do you even know what a caucus is?

Half the people who pop up on every civil liberties thread to act like the US is modern day East Germany don't know anything about politics further than whatever random thing they clicked on Reddit.

Yeah, Obama sucks on civil liberties. Every. Single. President. Has. There has never been a majority coalition for civil liberties in this countries history. The only reason we have most of the protections we do is because the Warren Court just didn't give a fuck about what local cops in Walla Walla wanted.

We're an empire. As I've said before, I'm voting for the best person to run it, not somebody who will try to destroy it and fail.

Calantus

The constitution is dead under Obama, but Romney wouldn't have been better because Obama inherited these programs and expanded them. Romney would have expanded them as well.

Aylinato

Oh yeah. I had no idea that this was what we were talking about. Local governments. That's exactly what we are talking about.

I'm sure glad I live in a world where you're allowed to vote. The people that really know what's going on! :D

Uh huh...I don't know what's going on...yea..no, I know more than probably most people. I definitely know more about you, regarding politics.

Especially if you're gay or a woman.

Come on though, your right to reproductive freedom pales to their ability to not have their emails or phone calls possibly maybe, if they hit a few keywords, possibly stored in a database that likely nobody ever checks. Obviously.

The only aspect of Romney I like is his business background. Everything other then that is quite literally terrible. Of course that hardly makes Obama's decisions good ones. And a background in an area doesn't mean you will make good decisions once you have power. Obama was a constitutional lawyer all he's done with the document is wipe his ass.

The constitution is dead under Obama, but Romney wouldn't have been better because Obama inherited these programs and expanded them. Romney would have expanded them as well.

The Constitution _died_ for the first time when the Alien and Sedition Acts were passed in....wait for it...wait for it...1798!

Gay rights, him coming out in favor of Marriage Equality.
Him talking about heavily racial issues.

Yea, he's really nothing like Bush. Bush would probably be cooler to drink a miller light/bud light, but Obama would drink microbrewery-stuff and that makes him awesome.

How long did it take him to "evolve" on gay rights? Admittedly, he's obviously better than just about any Republican on gay rights, but that's an extremely low bar. Once the Democratic party put it in the platform, he had no choice but to "evolve".

Aylinato

or poor, middle class, immigrant, college student...etc.

or anything but Rich-White-Bussiness-Male

Obama got pushed by Joe Biden(amazing dude) to become pro-equal marriage. Obama then pushed the ENTIRE nation in favor for equal-marriage. The democratic party did not want to take it into their platform until Obama pushed it onto them.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Please, tell me what is so dumb about this duo?

Austrian economics
"States rights" activism
Goldbuggin
Myriad ties to White supremacy groups
The internet cult of personallity they have that seems to consist entirely of autistic racist privileged middle class white people
The son's stupid fucking name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom