• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art Academy: SketchPad |OT|

actually this thing is pretty awesome one of the best thingson the wiiu so far...this type of screen is much better than the ipad one for drawing

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm on an iPad right now so dunno how to direct link my image. But here's my first effort on the app. Surprised how keen other miiverse users were on this seeing as it's not Nintendo or anime type stuff.

Suggestion to others, offer new artists encouragement and critique if you see them post. Lets be the friendliest and most supportive art community we can be!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW0Ttw3-w

Really nice work! I'm too ignorant on the subject to offer anything on the matter but an appreciation. I likes what I likes.

Shahadan

Oh great we now can access miiverse through the wii u web browser. Didn't know that, it wasn't working last time I tried. It'll help following this app community.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I have 13$ sitting on my eShop account doing nothing. Should I get this? One of my friends doesn't have a Wii U but she'd be all over this.

Rvaisse

This is a great app, i suck at drawing but it's very fun tu use.
And yes, like many have already said here : Power of the Stylus.

The title screen is gorgeous ^^

69wpm

Well, just finished my first little drawing:

zlCfzRFXsxsUoBZHU1

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW0TzELFg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Have to add this one from Chun: Miiverse Source

zlCfzRFWzwQuQn_Z9m

Just feels so much like old school animation background work, love it :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW0TuMpRA

zlCfzRFW-nACda8YlY

My first spin with the software, I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, as I want to enjoy the end of the heatwave (even if it's just temporary) and keep it calm and simple.

Didn't turn out too bad for spending 20 minutes on it.

Just a warning that Miiverse doesn't like smoking in images, so be careful! Otherwise, really like it, so Chill!

Tried this a second time. Still couldn't get bothered finishing the thing, but I'm getting used to it anyway.
When I was mixing colors for some reason some white bled into the bottom of the apple and I gave up fixing it, lol.

That's really smooth and nice looking, great use of color!

That's quite nice looking, but I hope they work on it even more! So many images where it feels as if the artist got the point they want as fleshed out as possible, and then just said "bah, I'm tired of this!" and left other elements less refined... I can sympathize, but it kinda diminishes the piece a bit...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Got 81 yeahs on the Link piece so far, not too bad! Seems like an active community.

Pachimari

Oh man thinking of getting this for my new Wii U now and it's "cheap". But I can't draw so it might be smarter to get the 3DS version now but of course the Wii U one will get tutorials. The question is when and how many.

Brannon

I wonder how easy it would be to make an Art Academy grid overlay thingy on PC so's we can plonk it on pictures and draw them that way...

Muku

zlCfzRFa7TEdoGjnj3

Spent yesterday and some of this morning on it. First go with this app. Source

zlCfzRFbfoMZLH3vdc

My second go at it. Waves off Kanagawa obviously, but with a special guest. Source

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh man thinking of getting this for my new Wii U now and it's "cheap". But I can't draw so it might be smarter to get the 3DS version now but of course the Wii U one will get tutorials. The question is when and how many.

Whynotboth.gif

I just bought the 3DS version from amazon (£12.50!) for the lessons, and will wait for the wiiU version to get lessons.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Amazing pictures from some talented individuals. Keep the piccies coming.

Top Bottom