• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New gameplay: Wolfenstein- The New Order

Guymelef

22t2ai0.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Blaskowitz is basically Hugo Stiglitz.

EVIL

Is anyone else rapidly tiring of this kind of feature in games? The press-button-to-viciously-execute-an enemy-with-a-canned-animation.

I am, but the other method is awkwardly ride up to the back of the dude and undirectly slash at him to kill him, which feel allot more stiff compared to this

jediyoshi

Is anyone else rapidly tiring of this kind of feature in games? The press-button-to-viciously-execute-an enemy-with-a-canned-animation.

I only see a visual distinction, otherwise you're doing the same thing without a contextual animation and a locked camera.

RedSwirl

The only reason I believe the "storytelling" boasts is because some of the guys behind Riddick and The Darkness 1 are working on this game.

RedSwirl

It's alot better than doing just a knife swipe.

Honestly I prefer the simple knife swipe, or perhaps just a very quick canned animation. It makes me feel more responsible for the actions on screen.

When there's a large canned animation, I feel like I'm just pressing a button to watch a small cut scene. There needs to be as little separation between the input and the action as possible.

Xater

I think the game looks pretty cool, but being SP only I really hope they find ways to make it worth being replayed. Just having secrets and different difficulty levels is not enough I think. Have they said anything about that yet?

Honestly I prefer the simple knife swipe, or perhaps just a very quick canned animation. It makes me feel more responsible for the actions on screen.

When there's a large canned animation, I feel like I'm just pressing a button to watch a small cut scene. There needs to be as little separation between the input and the action as possible.

But dat Starbreeze knife animations tho

iPhMF61M5NJ9Z.gif

Portugeezer

Yes. I don't really care about violence in games but it's just annoying at this point, all I can do is roll my eyes.

Kacho

Doesn't look too hot. Looks pretty bland visually and the gunplay looks tired and boring.

I hope a developer does something interesting with the Wolfenstein IP in the future.

Calmine

I think it looks decent. It's running ID Tech 5 right? If so I hope it's got the same satisfying gun play as Rage did.

i-Lo

idTech 5 looks like crap. Sorry to say it...

The non-unified lighting model clashes so damn hard when the art moves.

For some reason, I'm on the other end. To me, while it doesn't look ground breaking, it's more than serviceable and would be very happy if we got this sort of fidelity in the next Fallout game (assuming it'll be discarding the past-its-prime-a-generation-ago Gamebryo engine).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
For some reason, I'm on the other end. To me, while it doesn't look ground breaking, it's more than serviceable and would be very happy if we got this sort of fidelity in the next Fallout game (assuming it'll be discarding the past-its-prime-a-generation-ago Gamebryo engine).

F4 is by all inofficial accounts on idtech5.

Should've been a game years ago.

Edit: Ugh, though. That knife action 15 seconds in almost made me feel bad for the guy.

Nazi sympathizer?

Nah, seriously. I can understand why but I love those types of execution moves. I could watch that gif from Riddick all day long. Love them, my only disappointment is that the facial animations still aren't emotive or animated enough. If they were, it could be a real gut wrencher and make you think twice about killing them in such a gruesome and brutal fashion.

Persona86

Banned
I am, but the other method is awkwardly ride up to the back of the dude and undirectly slash at him to kill him, which feel allot more stiff compared to this

Yeah, it's time for true control.

Oculus Rift Murder Simulator will one day make an appearance on Fox News.

Top Bottom