• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider-Gaming — Indiana Jones Game is Releasing in 2024

From which perspective will you be able to play the Indiana Jones Game?

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No. It doesn’t read like that at all.

Yep, Shinobi's response reads like he's saying that the game being revealed at this time with a 10 min presentation is not surprising as it is far along.

Amazing news!

Give It To Me Want GIF by Dunkin’

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What a game the n64 Indiana jones was and now back in the spotlight.

Hey you know, it'd be kinda nice if they throw in that version as a pre-order bonus or something, it does have an OG Xbox version too IIRC.

edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game, that n64 version only has a PC port.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

I see them making it a mix of 3rd person whipping and jumping and 1st person stealth and shooting plus maybe puzzling. Bonus driving/flying. I don't see them ditching first person entirely since they are a FPS studio plus they said it will be mix of genres.

Or it could be entirely 1st person.

clarky

Gold Member
This will 100% be first person

The people making it have made these games these last 20 years

Riddick
The Darkness
Wolfenstein (3 games)
Quake remake map packs

Notice a pattern?
Think most people are aware of this, but it's not unheard of for studio's to develops something out of their comfort zone.

Look at CA and Alien Isolation, for example.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

When the game was first announced Troy Baker posted an Indiana Jones emoji on Twitter if I remember right.
Please not Troy "default choice" Baker...give it that kid who appeared as a young Harrison in that film (name escapes me), he did awesome vocal impersonations of Harrison too ...

Last edited:

adamsapple

This will 100% be first person

The people making it have made these games these last 20 years

Riddick
The Darkness
Wolfenstein (3 games)
Quake remake map packs

While I agree with most of what you said ... putting Quake Map Packs as an example of Machine Games doing first person is weird lol.

It's a map map for long-existing game, they're not gonna take fundamental liberties with it :p

clarky

Gold Member
I think most people hoping for 3rd person is just because we are all so used to Uncharted & Tomb Raider.

Really looking forward to seeing what they have done with the licence.

King Dazzar

I'm sure I heard it was to be a mix of 3rd and 1st person. I think it was JorRaptor mentioned it, but I dont remember if it was just a guess or not.

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm sure I heard it was to be a mix of 3rd and 1st person. I think it was JorRaptor mentioned it, but I dont remember if it was just a guess or not.

I believe the origin of that ‘mix of first and third person’ rumor came from one of those questionable credibility ‘insider’ podcasts.

adamsapple

I think most people hoping for 3rd person is just because we are all so used to Uncharted & Tomb Raider.

Really looking forward to seeing what they have done with the licence.

Games like Doom Eternal and Shadow Warrior 3 show you can do real good first-person platforming.

Phase

Potential replacement for Tomb Raider? Hope so since it seems they only want to release remasters now.

Top Bottom